Unlock Mechagnomes with Horde Rep

Hey I have Mechagon exalted AND the questlines on my horde character

do I need to re-do all of these achievements to unlock mechagnomes or I’ll be able to get them as long as I have a 120 Alliance character?

If it is anything like the last Allied Races you’ll probably need to have done it on an Alliance Toon for them to do the final unlock quest.

this is a lie.
I didnt have a single character on alliance when I unlocked my void elves.
I made an alliance DH on another server, leveled it to 110 and immediatly did the Void Elves unlock quest without even going into Argus.

Which means I only needed the achievement on the account rather than the character itself.

My question is if this applies to current Mechagnomes as well, if I’ll be able to unlock them simply by doing the quests since I already have the achievements on the account on a horde character.

4 Likes

There is an alliance specific quest to unlock the Mechgnomes to bring them into the alliance.

5 Likes

Can someone that actually knows about this responds?

A blue would be very helpful

TT gave accurate information

If it works the same as Legion, the rep was a universal rep so Horde could earn the rep.

If the rep required is Rustbiolt I imagine it will be the same.

BUT

You also required a max level toon of the proper faction to accept the recruitment quest and complete. This is why I don’t have a void elf or I forget the other one from Legion even though I have the rep.

Every single allied race has a recruitment quest that must be completed.

Please do not be dismissive of players on a player help player forum when they give you an answer.

10 Likes

Here is info on opening up Mechagnomes:

3 Likes

read my first reply

my question is quite simple: if unlocking mechagnomes will work just like void elves did, where you could simply level an alliance character to max level and do the unlock quests if you had the required achievements on Horde.
There is no place on the internet confirming it works like this, so players can only speculate, that is why it would be helpful to have a blue respond.

“Yeah you should be able to” is not a good enough answer.

You’re asking for confirmation about unreleased content. That’s not something that the Blues here tend to be able to comment on.

But I agree with the others. I can’t see why they would suddenly change this for the Mechagnomes allied race.

11 Likes

That’s all you’ll get here. The way to test it is on the PTR.

8 Likes

I don’t think Futami meant it as a “lie”. They may be mistaken, or misremember it, but that doesn’t mean they are intentionally deceiving you.

Blizzard employees are generally not able to give out game hints.

[quote] Unlocking Mechagnome Allied Race

• Reach Exalted with the Rustbolt Resistance

• Earn Achievement [The Mechagonian Threat], which requires you to complete the Mechagon storyline.

When the next content update goes live, players who’ve completed the requirements will gain access to a quest chain to recruit the Mechagnomes as an Allied Race. Once you complete the chain, you’ll receive the achievement [Allied Races: Mechagnome] and can create a new Mechagnome on the character selection screen. You’ll also unlock a new mount—the [Mechagon Mechanostrider]—for your collection at character creation, which all of your Alliance characters can ride. Leveling your new Mechagnome from 20 to 120 will also earn a cosmetic Heritage Armor set that is unique to this new Allied Race.[/quote]

6 Likes

And the reply is not a simple yes or no, because you’re asking for something that is in the future. Even if Blizzard COULD confirm with a definite, there’s always time that it could change. Even if things are one way on the PTR, they can be changed when it goes live.

So again, the best response anyone can give is that it’s usually safe to assume that the way other allied races work is the way this allied race will work.

6 Likes

As Perl mentioned it is currently unreleased content so I don’t have a lot of specifics available.

Looking at the quests involved, it looks like it takes you to Mechagon, which makes sense, so it may require that the character has the area unlocked. I will try to seek additional information and update this thread if I learn more.

5 Likes

So I’m just necroing this post for a sec, but it looks like I got the achievement on Hordeside, but can’t unlock the gnomes Alliance side. Is this intentional?

You can usually fulfill many of the requirements to unlock an Allied Race on either faction but even if you do, you still have to complete the quest that adds them as a viable race for character creation.

That questline is only available to that faction, so only an Alliance character will be able to complete the Mechagnome questline to invite the Mechagnome into the Alliance. That is intended.

3 Likes

Well therein lies the problem. I did the questline and achievement, but still the mechagonian flag tells me that I didn’t! I even have a screenshot to prove it, if there’s a way to show it on here.

It’s hard to tell from the character you’re posting on (the achievement doesn’t show, though I would imagine it should as most of them are now account-wide), but give this a try:

What with the new patch today, a lot of addons need to be updated or removed until they are so they aren’t having fun at a player’s expense.

1 Like

There we are, try looking now

1 Like

And provided the Alliance character you’re trying to unlock them on is 110+, have you given the UI Reset a shot?

I’ve been reading some things and getting comments from guildmates that say the requirements must be completed on the faction for which the Allied Race join. While highly unusual and not at all like previous AR unlock mechanics, it does make sense-- Alliance doesn’t have the Voldunai reputation to unlock the Vulpera.

The problem being though is that the flag node describing the requirements says that the rep requirement is fulfilled.