Unlock Mechagnomes with Horde Rep

But that’s what we’ve seen for the past few weeks/months.

And that is the nature of content that is basically promised to potentially change right up until the day it goes live.

Content on the PTR has always come with the caveat that it isn’t guaranteed to make it to the live realms, and WoWhead is generally good about making such notation on their pages.

3 Likes

Honestly, this is kind of a disaster. It’s completely ridiculous to even gate it like that anyways. We DID the content already. Now because we didn’t do it on the /right/ faction, we have to do it again? That whole month long grind?.. Terrible wording by Blizzard that leads to more annoying crap going down. Such a shame really.

4 Likes

I understand that. And if they reported it wrong, that would be on them, not Blizzard.

OR

If they reported it correct, and the devs changed the requirements recently, they may have missed it.

I can think of a ton of scenarios here how this could have happened.

Unfortunately, sometimes for whatever reason, fan sites can make mistakes too.

I get the frustration. But this is not the place, as I suggested above, and Vrak echoed, to express it or seek resolution.

1 Like

Ok, but players saw that they were good to go… and got a terrible surprise today.

They could have spent the last few weeks/months completing the requirements on an Alliance toon, but they were told they didn’t have to.

3 Likes

While Wowhead can be a great resource it isn’t infallible. They present information based on the information they have available.

Folks, I understand your frustration but there isn’t anything that CS can do here. The feedback should be directed to our Developers as I advised. If a change were to be made, it would be as a result of that.

6 Likes

Can you show us a direct statement, from Blizzard, saying this?

I am out on this. This passion is awesome. Take it to GD and get their attention. Unfortunately, here you are screaming into a tornado. It accomplishes nothing as the devs will never see it.

I am also scared this is going to get locked and I want you to get your voice heard.

This simply is not the proper forum to do so.

1 Like

Does this count?

1 Like

So Blizzard is saying even though you can farm for a month or longer straight, and STILL complete the questline on Horde-side…you can’t unlock Mechagnomes? Yeah, who’s the genius who thought that’d be a bright idea? Thanks for nothing, chief.

You may wish to read your own link.

1 Like

What about it?

The only thing unfair was that it was not made clear. I’m frustrated because I didn’t prepare accordingly.

Luckily I’m finding vulpera more amusing than I first expected.

1 Like

Also real quick, let’s not forget that the quest is gated behind rep for Mechagon to complete the achievement.

Read his next tweet directly under the one that is larger.

2 Likes

You guys can just say it instead of being vague.

2 Likes

Omg!! It’s simple ask and answer. Horde complete said objectives to unlock Allied Race : Mechagnome , However switching to Alliance 120 to do the scenario to welcome them into the Alliance isn’t working as intended . It’s tell us that our Alliance needs to complete the quest to kill King Mechagon but We’ve done it on our Horde so it should be account-wide .

Yeah, why would they not specify that the achievement is character-specific? The whole quest is locked behind a rep grind all the way up to Revered. That’s pretty BS

So I clicked on it and read the very first comment on the original tweet.

Holds up with what Vrak said unless I misremember the achievement.

1 Like

Please read the followup tweet replies to see the full tweet conversation.

It’s a key feature in this patch yet they missed this ? How the hell do you announce Allied Races Vulpera and Mechagnome without making damn sure the objectives were clear and precise to both factions . Know your priorities !!!