Underlight Angler (and Blizzard CS not reading tickets)

I have an issue where my Underlight Angler is not showing any nodes to choose in the Dalaran Artifact tree thing by the pool. I found a few articles (https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/1ec7yt0/anyone_have_a_new_fix_for_underlight_angler/ was a nice reddit article that seemed to have limited success for some people) but I also made a ticket to Blizzard CS to take a look at a couple of those commands to verify what they’d do and if they’d fix the issue.

I opened a ticket, and I got the standard “we can’t help with anything” response, telling me to delete my WTF folder and disable addons. That obviously will not help anything.

I opened a second ticket because my issue was clearly not resolved, and it got auto closed with a copy/paste response within 30 seconds.

Reaching out here for two reasons:

1. does anyone know of any fix to the Underlight Angler issue beyond what I’ve already seen
  2. to ask why it’s OK for Blizzard CS to just either not read or completely disregard the contents of a ticket before marking it as resolved.

Very confused, and a little bit annoyed

Technicaly ur asking for game hint asking why something isnt working and in this case sounds like a display issue which is why they reccomended a Full UI reset.

2 Likes

It’s not a UI or display issue if you have to run console commands to repopulate artifact powers in the artifact tree. That seems to be the resolution for some people - I opened a ticket for clarification on what these commands and scripts would do, and to verify that I was on the right track to some sort of resolution

If running a client side script populated all the nodes, that would actually suggest it’s a client side UI issue.

9 Likes

Those client side scripts did not work for me, which is why I was asking for more information around them to confirm their functionality. But I do see your point there, so I take back what I said previously

Well, until you do the full UI reset, we can’t rule out the possibility of a misbehaving addon causing the issue.

1 Like

Just now deleted Cache/WTF/Interface, reloaded game, same issue

1 Like

Id post it in the bug forums or edit and move ur post there.

2 Likes

No thanks, already posted in General Discussion and apparently this has been an issue since Dragonflight, so they should already know about the bug (Underlight Angler (and Blizzard CS not reading tickets)) so no need to report it again.

1 Like

Never hurts to report it again in the bug forums that would be the better avenue then the cesspool den of villany thats general.

3 Likes

IDK, general seemed to have it spot on when I posted there. I will go ahead and do another bug report in game though

If you didn’t restart your system after deleting the cache and add on folder then it won’t work you MUST restart your system after deleting those folders for it to be totally out of the memory of your system.

Yes Delgan, I completely deleted all of those 3 folders and did a full restart on the game

1 Like

You received those responses because the GM team does not and cannot fix bugs and this is clearly a bug. The Development team is responsible for reviewing bug reports and fixing bugs. But, they prioritize the fixes on issues depending on how the community is impacted. Game breaking issues with a majority of the player base effect always take top priority where as one off’s effecting few people might go to the bottom of the list.

Your only recourse is to submit an ingame bug report and also post in the bug forums. You won’t receive a response from the Dev team, but they will read it and investigate.

7 Likes

No, they can’t fix bugs, but they should at the very least be able to read a ticket and give someone insight into their question - in this case, what certain scripts/API calls do. I don’t think asking Customer Support certain specific questions about the product one is using is so extreme to warrant an immediate closure.

But I get it - Devs have other game breaking bugs to fix. We as a community have seen that quite extensively throughout the release of The War Within

Did you re-open the original ticket using the “I still need more help” button or did you open an entirely new ticket? If the latter, that would be why you got two of the automated replies. In times of high queues (like now) they send out a catch-all with common trouble shooting tips. Those do actually help a lot of people.

If you reopen the same ticket you get put back into queue for it to be manually looked at.

But as has been stated, there really isn’t anything a GM can do in this instance. Hopefully it’s something that can be addressed sooner rather than later in a bug fix.

3 Likes

You’d think a GM would at least know base level info about the products they’re supporting, including the specific scripts/API calls which I was referring

Question still remains.
I’m not sure if answering API questions is something a normal GM would have answers to, those very well could be counted as game hints, but I’m not sure you even got through to a GM to look at your questions.

Have you tried running the scripts you found to see if they work for you?

3 Likes

Yes, and that was part of my original ticket. No result from anything that I found and tried from a surface level Google search.

I have a whole suite of API calls to poke at courtesy of warcraft wiki (apparently can’t paste links in a reply, but here’s where it would be if i could) which might help, but who knows

(as of 10/8/24) - Rated PvP button is disabled/greyed out for all
Semi-unrelated, but apparently doing this makes rated PvP clickable again:

/script PVPQueueFrameCategoryButton2:SetEnabled(true)

Figured this is pertinent since it’s a client side script that makes previously unavailable (per general players) things available again.

Question remains - why do dedicated players have to figure out the workaround for themselves rather than a knowledgeable expert being able to provide said knowledge

Because a general GM is not a knowledgeable expert on Blizzard API. They work on all Blizzard games providing support, but they are not subject experts on every obscure detail of the games offhand.

This is why fan sites such as Wowhead or the Warcraft Wiki were made, to allow the masses to help each other. The collective knowledge of obscure things WoW is honestly astounding.

And like I mentioned earlier, I’m not even sure a GM could help you with details on the scripts. It’s highly likely that falls under gameplay tips and hints.

7 Likes