Underlight Angler (and Blizzard CS not reading tickets)

I have an issue where my Underlight Angler is not showing any nodes to choose in the Dalaran Artifact tree thing by the pool. I found a few articles (https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/1ec7yt0/anyone_have_a_new_fix_for_underlight_angler/ was a nice reddit Article that seemed to have limited success for some people) but I also made a ticket to Blizzard CS to take a look at a couple of those commands to verify what they’d do and if they’d fix the issue.

I opened a ticket, and I got the standard “we can’t help with anything” response, telling me to delete my WTF folder and disable addons. That obviously will not help anything.

I opened a second ticket because my issue was clearly not resolved, and it got auto closed with a copy/paste response within 30 seconds.

Reaching out here for two reasons:

1. does anyone know of any fix to the Underlight Angler issue beyond what I’ve already seen

2. to ask why it’s OK for Blizzard CS to literally just either not read or completely disregard the contents of a ticket before marking it as resolved.

Very confused, and a little bit annoyed

Hey, I would consider trying the customer service forums. GMs respond there sometimes and I’ve seen people post stuff like this and a GM on the forum personally get the ticket looked at. Worth a shot if this one doesn’t work or have a solution

Thank you, will try

Has something changed again with TWW?

The instructions I see have been added recently to wowhead are much, much more complicated than what I did in DF with the couple of rods I unlocked.

(Unfortunately I don’t recall exactly what the scripts I ran were)

What did you do in DF to fix it? Just ran a few scripts? Curious why this isn’t tracked as a known issue…

I submitted multiple bug reports and made posts on this exact item myself, but it just goes straight down the toilet. They really don’t care. Been broken since pre-patch.

Other post here in case anyone was tracking - Underlight Angler (and Blizzard CS not reading tickets)

at this point they want me to make a bug report, but I don’t see the need of reporting a 4 year old bug if this has been happening since DF

All of your questions regarding the quality of the CS department will be answered by looking up the reddit thread “Lol I think my GM has been hitting the cubicles

Heh. That explains quite a bit actually. Thank you

What are the functions you are curious about?

/run C_ArtifactUI.AddPower(1021)

Is this one here: C_ArtifactUI.AddPower(powerID)

“powerID” corresponds to the given nodes inside the artifact. 1021, in this case, is the ability “Undercurrent.” 1033 would be “Way of the Flounder.”

/run for i,powerid in pairs(C_ArtifactUI.GetPowers()) do C_ArtifactUI.AddPower(powerid) end

This is creating a loop that goes through all the nodes, one by one, and adds artifact power if possible. This would work for what you want, but you would probably end up adding power to nodes you don’t care about…

This guy’s solution would probably fit your needs better. He seems to be picking the individual nodes necessary to get the rod’s main abilities.

If you want to see other functions relevant to artifacts, there are quite a few.
https://warcraft.wiki.gg/wiki/World_of_Warcraft_API#Artifacts

1 Like

The artifact tree is not visible but is still functional. You can target the nodes you want by running appropriate scripts with the menu open (at the Dalaran fountain). I already had the rod on my Legion toon and I picked it up last week on my TWW main; took about 2-3 hours to farm the required AP.

FYI once you’ve placed your points, you need to have fishing equipment set to visible, then cast fishing (can cancel), and your water walking / swim form transformation will then remain active until put in combat.

The thing’s been broken for years. The traits where you fish up an entire school haven’t worked since DF.

Blizzard Customer Service is the worst experience ever, and only exists to waste your time while frustrating you. In short: never use it.

Thanks, I’ll go through this to see if this helps. Has Blizzard published any API docs that I’m not aware of? Would be nice to take a quick peek

Had to edit this post because apparently links aren’t allowed on the forums when you reply, even though I put a link in my original post? Weird

My impression is that the only thing tickets are good for is getting your account actioned if you keep trying to make them.

I wouldn’t have high hopes for getting the Angler fixed. It’s super old content that an actual majority of players have either moved on from or don’t even know about, and that most likely applies to Blizzard as well. I doubt anyone currently working there even knows how to get the artifact UI working again.

See the problem is there’s obviously a fix if you go through a myriad of different posts on Reddit or otherwise (or by going through the extensive API list Vailnite provided courtesy of warcraft wiki). I’m sure one of those would work for me (and i’ll probably end up reading through and figuring it out myself sometime), but the point is - I shouldn’t have to go through third parties to find the solution. (nobody should)

@brewbaker if someone gets actioned for opening up a support ticket for the game they’re paying for I’d love to hear about it

Semi-unrelated, but apparently doing this makes rated PvP clickable again:

/script PVPQueueFrameCategoryButton2:SetEnabled(true)

Figured this is pertinent since it’s a client side script that makes previously unavailable (per general players) things available again.

Question remains - why do dedicated players have to figure out the workaround for themselves rather than a knowledgeable expert being able to provide said knowledge

It’s been broken for awhile. I’m pretty sure it broke in DF with all the wonderful profession “upgrades”. Mine works off and on.

There are a crap ton of bugs this xpac. I would actually like to sit down and write out a list, LOL. :sweat_smile:

Wish I could help!

That’s the thing. All the folks who worked on creating this stuff are most likely not working there anymore. Blizz has a bunch of staff who work on the game as a job, but they only know what they’ve directly worked on. They don’t have years of experience with the game’s code, certainly not with things that they’ve never worked on.

Simply put, there are no ‘knowledgeable experts’. That’s why tickets and support threads kinda just get kicked around without meaningful resolutions.

Support engineers should be knowledgeable about the products they support. That’s a base level requirement for all other companies

2 Likes