Underlight Angler (and Blizzard CS not reading tickets)

You used to be able to use the Wowhead posted scripts to force open the tree and see the options for leveling the pole. It was a life-saver during Dragonflight. That broke when TWW pre-patch started and no one has found a way to get it to work again. I’ve tried every script posted on Wowhead, even with a fully stock UI/no addons. The fountain is truly broken now.

I’ve sent in a bug report about it as have many others. I doubt there is much priority on a fix as it has been broken for a very long time. Which is a shame as I was working on getting the pole on several alts prior to TWW and now they’re stuck and can make no progress.

@Jeysica does it fall upon gameplay tips and hints to be able to tell players they can run a simple script to enable (make clickable) rated PvP content as well? Because that’s happening right at this very moment.

Doesn’t seem the case to me

If you’re referring to what’s happening on the forums, you’re wading into a wider comparison of apples and trout.

SFAs (blue posters in CS) have a fair bit more leniency when it comes to freedom of information. They are still bound by some restrictions but they do occasionally have leeway to recommend things at their discretion.

Game masters may not generally have that same leniency, and they may not even know the existence of those scripts in the first place, much less encourage using one if there’s potential to break the game even further.

5 Likes

TWW release had a major overhaul to the API. Things have changed so drastically in the last 20 years there was a lot of outdated / unused code removed or rewritten. That’s why so many addons were broken and caused major rewrites to most of them. That’s likely why the scripts no longer work.

What I would do, is post on the UI and Macro Forum and ask for help with the scripts there. Be sure to include the broken scripts in your post. That forum is where all of the addon writers and people that do that kind of stuff hang out.

4 Likes

That is not what a GM does. They cannot give insight into macros or what the API now does. Not only are GM’s the front line CS agent (meaning they are not trained to have deep coding insights), but those answers are for the community to discover and discuss.

Now for the Underlight Angler issue, there are two options here: it’s either working correctly, or it’s not working correctly. If it’s working correctly, then it’s considered a game hint and GM’s do not give game hints. They are not the Nintendo Power Hotline, charging $1.99/minute for game advice. If it’s not working correctly, then it needs to be reported in the Bug Report Forum or using the Report A Bug feature in game. GM’s are not the department who digs into the code and fixes bugs. Again, they are front line and not trained to do so.

7 Likes

It’s 100% broken right now, I’ve had the same issue. In the meantime, until Blizzard fixes it, you can run this command while the artifact forge (giant pearl in the fountain) is open. You also need your artifact equipped to do so:

/run C_ArtifactUI.AddPower(1021)
1 Like

Honestly my biggest issue that I hate from blizzard customer service is when they respond that we need to ask the FORUMS for advice. I mean come on! What the heck do they can’t do their own jobs and I got to essentially “ask Joe down the street” how to fix something instead of them doing their jobs and answering questions. My SECOND ANNOYANCE with them is when they answer me in an RP style. I’ll come to them with some issue about the game and they respond to me as some “being of light floating down from the heavens” trying to answer my questions.
I mean yeah I guess it’s nice to where you can have fun at your job, but man this is customer service just service us as customers. If I want to roll play with you, we’ll play on the game or we can go play D&D.
Sorry for the rant, I kinda went off topic lol

You don’t seem to understand what their job is, only what you want it to be. They do not give game hints. That’s why you need to come to the forums to ask the community (or ideally, use a fan site like Wowhead to find it yourself).

If you’ve found a bug, then you need to utilize the Bug Report Forum, as that is the department who handles those. They don’t tell you these things to dismiss you. They are literally giving you the help you asking for, but you are not listening.

Then why are you looking for a reason to complain?

9 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Purchase included 30 days of game time

Sometimes addons will disable certain UI stuff. I got one that does that and i just disable so an item or other UI stuff works right. You dont have to delete anything

But if it keeps happening disabling is just a bandaid a proper reset is the real solution.

1 Like