Unable to trade Dimmed Primeval items

Dimmed Primevals Earth, Fire, Storm, and Water cannot be traded despite being tagged as boss loot (“may trade to eligible players”).

Please remove the blue trade text if it’s not intended to be tradable. I offered a Dimmed Primeval Earth to another player who still needed it, and it felt bad to the both of us when it turned out I couldn’t give it away.

11 Likes

Confirmed; someone tried to trade one (the Air version) to me earlier and they couldn’t, even though I helped kill the boss.

5 Likes

Same here… A real bummer imo

2 Likes

I was able to accept one from another player on the first day of the event, but I have been unable to give them to other players that have tagged the boss now that I have made the trinket. Not sure why I could accept one, but not trade away my extras.

1 Like

I’m assuming it wasn’t intended to be traded and was hotfixed (and not put into the hotfix notes)

I believe I’ve narrowed down the problem. When I was on an alt yesterday night and in a raid group, I was able to trade a Dimmed Primeval to another player that was also in my group. I don’t know if the person I attempted to trade with in my initial comment was part of a group or not, but my character definitely hadn’t been.

It’s possible that you can only trade boss loot with group members, which is unfortunate since the tooltip makes no mention of this (assuming I’m right).

Edit: Just did earth boss in Northern Barrens and tried to trade a spare to a fellow raid member. No dice. This bug doesn’t seem to have any rhyme or reason to it. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

We this person in your group? or a single solo player?

Just had this issue. My husband and I were in a party just the two of us. We killed the Earth boss. He got a duplicate essence and tried to trade it to me. It wouldn’t trade. So, same group, killed same boss, attempted trade within time frame. Oh, and I did damage on the boss because I got loot from it.

3 Likes

It seems to be random and has not been hotfixed - as I have been able to trade away some today. (11/19/2022)

I have never grouped for this event, and am able to trade it to people who helped with the boss. I have had two so far just not be tradeable and I have no idea why - it seems to happen at random.

I’m also having issues trading this. I farmed a single storm elemental region for the entire 3 hour duration and didnt get a single drop. my guildie got a drop back to back. when he tried trading the extra he got an error saying i was ineligible??? makes literally no sense cuz i’ve traded my extras before with the other elemental so why am i having this problem now??

very much starting to sound and look like this is bugged in some way because barely anyone at the area i was in (ungoro) was getting the drop.

1 Like

This is happening to me too. Participate in the kill, yet no-one can trade it to me.

Now i have 3 Fire ones and i cant trade them, at least give a reason why its not possible. I do have the heirloom already

So bloody annoying, I’ve gotten the one my wife needs 3 times and never able to trade it. Get it again later when she’s logged out traded no problem. Is this related to fellowships or addons or what, very frustrating!

1 Like

I was able to trade the first extra I got away but since then I haven’t been able to trade them

This is certainly one particularly weird bug. Same thing happened. Party member with me and we killed the same boss. Wasn’t able to trade Dimmed Primeval Water to him after the fight… He IS eligible by all known reasoning…

Yesterday, someone who offered to trade the Dimmed Primeval Air to first respondent was unable to trade it to me, as the interface said I was not eligible. The same thing happened today with Dimmed Primeval Water. I got gear drops and Primeval Essence from both bosses.

I still can’t receive any dimmed primeval items either, even though I’ve been a part of every kill for it. It’s a little frustrating that some of us need to grind this event for significantly longer than others simply because we can’t trade.

Is there a fix expected for this?

Happened again today. Getting sick of this. I hope blizzard fixes it…

Been trying constantly for days now, tried trading with 20+ people and still cannot get the wind one. Killed the boss each time, etc, hoping they offer a solution.

I’ve given away 10 of these without having any issues. Today someone else was having an issue and couldn’t trade. I didn’t have one to test whether it was broken for me as well.