Collector's carryall not dropping when you already have all items

Yeah, I said I got the bag to drop last after I had already got everything else. Only hearthstone cards were dropping for dozens of kills in a row, then boom – the bag dropped. It isn’t a bug, its just bad RNG. Keep grinding, it’ll drop.

Right, so you hadn’t gotten all the drops, you were missing the bag.

Once getting all the drops, including the bag, the bag stops dropping for your alts.

This is the issue being experienced here.

2 Likes

So my experience with bags was: I got one on my first account (they’re both on the same bnet) 11 hours after the event began, then I got one on 2nd acc 12 hours after the event began, then 6 hours after I finished collecting all HS cards and the other items, then I went a whole day without bag drops, and I got another bag on 2nd acc just after the servers came back up; this was my first daily kill (these items might have higher chance on first kill of the day) and haven’t seen another drop in the last few hours.

By all means, I think this counts, since none of my accs were dropping it before, though if there’s no bug at play the drop rate seems really abysmal, significantly lower than the diablo event one, which had 1 in 7 chance.

I just got it on another character, so its just bad luck and not a bug. I think a lot of people just feel entitled to things and mistake RNG for a bug. Anyway, good luck to everyone, took me dozens of kills on multiple characters, so don’t give up – you’ll get it!

I think maybe they did fix something today, because after reset I started getting the bag to drop again and can now see loot when I kill it.

I received everything else before the 36-slot bag finally dropped on my main (first time I’d seen it on my account too) yesterday.  I haven’t seen it drop for any of my alts yet; will try to keep an eye out for this.

Assuming this wasn’t an attempt to trade between factions, it’s just the system being very temperamental and unfortunately nothing new (as can be exemplified by my old thread regarding the DF pre-launch event).

The portal just spawned in Valdrakken while I was typing, so I’m currently on an alt for the “first attempt of the day” (just in case).

Welp, was just Wild Cards again.  Trying an LFG for Durotar next.  Hooray, bag dropped for my hunter.  :tada:

Edit: I did the portal event for the first time on my priest alt and the bag dropped.  Not sure if lucky or the drop rate’s been changed, but I guess I’ll find out when I do my warrior alt next.

Edit #2: Participated in the Valdrakken portal event on my warrior alt (it was her first ever), and the bag dropped yet again.  Well now either I’m outrageously lucky, or the drop rate really was changed.

Edit #3: Final edit.  I had the bag drop for my druid alt (and yet again, first attempt) at the Valdrakken portal event.  Disbelieving, I skipped re-arranging her bags and immediately switched to my death knight alt and flew her to the one in Durotar.  The bag did not drop for her, ending the 4-streak of bag drops for my account.

But did you get a second bag -before- you collected every other collectible, or after you had everything? All random cards for achieve, pet, mount, all transmogs and the toy?

If you’re still chasing some of the rewards, that may be why you got a second bag.

The issue in question is if the bag still drops once you’ve collected -everything-, on an alt, on the same account.

I’m up to 30 portals after collecting everything. Since then, no bag has dropped for any alt that doesn’t have it. Nothing but green cards (and I’m deleting them due to the rumored bug too so that’s not it either)

It’s not about entitlement, it’s about consistency.

If we are regularly getting “rare” event item drops every 2nd or 3rd Whizbang encounter (including 2 bag drops on different characters for me), to only getting Wild Card drops for 15-25 encounters after collecting every other item, it appears that something is wrong because it is no longer consistent.

In the Diablo version of this event, duplicate “rare” items continued to drop, so there was no appearance of a bug, just a low drop rate for that bag. By implementing a system to disallow duplicates for all but one item, while keeping the drop rate low on that item, it creates the appearance of a bug.

For yourself, and any others who have continued to get the Collector’s Carryall, have you been able to get the bag more than once a day after getting every other item?

1 Like

the bag must be a super low drop rate, took me about 50 kills to get it on my main (got the drop after having every other collectible).

I also just got the bag to drop on an alt (who also has all other collectibles - on same account as my main), so it is still dropping after getting everything else but very low drop rate i would assume.

Well I can answer my own question now.

The Collector’s Carryall continues to drop for alts that do not have it, even after all other items have been collected, and it can drop multiple times in the same day for different alts.

Went from 15-25 Whizbang encounters with only Wild Card drops yesterday, to three Collector’s Carryalls from three consecutive encounters on different characters over two hours. Tough to be believe that’s all RNG and not some change like Dàrkpower suspects.

Can confirm fixed - just got the bag on 2nd character, first kill of the day today.

This matches my experience today as well, but with my “luck” ending after three bags for alts.

Feels very different today.

Did you dump your hearthstone wild cards or are you running with a stack of 10? Done about 30 today about 1/2 with 10 1/2 without still no bag drops.

Ya I never got the bag on any of my character, and nothing is dropping now that I have all the other collectables.

Can verify as of last night got a 2nd bag, drop rate seems abysmal, 50+ kills yesterday, as of reset this morning haven’t seen another yet.

1 Like

Not wanting to sound entitled, but the amount of times killing this boss and not getting this item does not feel right given the limited nature of this event. RNG be rough, no BLP?

2 Likes

Over 60 portals after having collected everything (single account), and no 2nd bag in sight for a character that doesn’t have the bag.

Something has to be up… if the intended method was to do the event once per hour, then how would Blizz reasonably expect alts to get the bag (like we did with Horadric)?? Instead, we’re Q’ing up trying to do 3-5 portals an hour to up the odds because it either doesn’t drop under certain conditions, or really is an awful drop rate after you’ve acquired the first on another character.

Got the bag on “not my main” day 1. Got everything early day 2 (achieve as well). Began farming for the bag on my main since. Nothing but green cards which I delete hourly. I don’t even want it on my alts at this point - just my main. 60+ portals, and counting is… unfun. Yet I continue on…

2 Likes

Yah I have only seen it twice. I would say it is just terrible low drop chance at this rate.

I do hope they upp the event time another couple weeks till like early april. The d4 event was longer.

Edit - leaving my post below - read the end for an update
///
Over 70 portals now - no 2nd bag has dropped (for another character who doesn’t have it)

Want proof something is definitely up? Many people now have everything collected. Yet are grinding for another bag. Just look at the raid group chat going on before the portal opens.

Then… look at the loot list after Doom is killed. Almost entirely Green Cards. No other rewards (as they likely have them) and No bags. When you have all obtainable items (random cards included), something gets borked. You can’t explain this many kills (and many others if you read raid chat) without a drop.

There’s an issue. Please look into it.
///
–Update
A second bag dropped after another few portals - I’d say roughly 75 total since I had collected everything originally. To be clear, this is a 2nd bag, single account, that dropped for my main (originally dropped for an alt).

Either stealthily fixed, or, perhaps more likely, the initial drop chances of all of the goods is set reasonably high (short event FOMO) but then to keep the chase going, subsequent bag drops have an awful drop rate.

I’m going to continue with another alt (5 kills already) and report back after a good 30-40 kills, if it hasn’t dropped. It may be ~10% for the first drop (per wowhead) but after that… feels like 2%.

2 Likes

I’m at 62 and no drop for bag. Just did group and someone said event was being hotfixed tomorrow to every half hour and extended 4 days…not sure if true but would be nice. Going to search for that now.