Ugh... the graphics again

I confess I love classic, and I can totally understand why they just cant have a toggle for the old and new models. However I made a female orc and although I love her she looks like she has a diaper on. Not sure I can look at that for months.

I don’t see Classic the same way you do. I see it as serving two purposes:

1. Restoring Vanilla
  2. Being a clean canvas for devs to do things correctly this time

Adding the new models is perfectly acceptable because it doesn’t change actual gameplay. And I am clearly saying that it should be a toggled option, not forced on anyone.

2 Likes

This is the entire issue with WoW fans. Everyone is very self entitled! Classic is suppose to be a authentic vanilla correct? How is adding updated graphics etc helping that concept? It’s not if you want graphics play BFA!!

2 Likes

What is the difference between HD water being on a toggle and character models being on a toggle?

I don’t need to make a counterpoint because you haven’t made a point.

1 Like

That’s fine, you don’t have to, but the way “I see it” is the same as Blizzard sees it. You’re allowed to disagree with it, but it doesn’t make you right for wanting or pushing for new models.

1 Like

You don’t know how Blizzard sees it. Don’t claim that you do.

1 Like

I’ll let you re-read down below, and you’ll see it eventually.

Go to the Classic World of Warcraft home page, and I’d suggest reading the bullet points, then tell me that again.

Seems that some people think it has an impact on gameplay.

How do character models have an impact on gameplay?

Again, you haven’t made a good point.

1 Like

I like older graphics in WoW for the same reason as I like the look of older anime.

the imperfections of them adds more character, depth, and charm to them.

4 Likes

Other people aren’t pertaining to the discussion or statement, until you read what I said, I’ll reply further.

The shadows have a far more significant impact on the appearance of the game than the character models do.

Some models are actually larger than the original ones (Big, broad Orc shoulders) and you can have some issues where you (with fancy HD graphics) can indeed see the Orc (without fancy HD graphics) hiding around the corner. He is hidden on his screen, but not on yours.

This is an example of a gameplay issue.

Cranks settings to 10 what’s the problem again?

Low Shadows:

Ultra Shadows:

The difference is even more significant in Classic (this is BfA) because BfA no longer has blob shadows. The water is also completely different but you’re going to tell me that character models that are covered up in armor have a more significant impact on the appearance of the game?

Can you even tell that my Female Dwarf is using the new model from this screenshot? Would it be easier to distinguish between the old model and new model in this screenshot, or the changes in Shadow setting?

2 Likes

On what grounds? Speaking in terms of your processor and GPU, sure. Appearance and gameplay? Only if you have a computer that can’t run any game older than 2010. We’re speaking on the context of aesthetic, and if you truly believe shadows have more of an impact than new character models, I’ve got news for you.

Yes I can because of the way your female dwarf is standing, the arms aren’t as stiff to the sides of the character, whereas in Classic, the hands are much closer to her hips/thighs, which is a differential in idle animations alone. It’s not hard to tell.

Plus - this entire argument of new character models is debunked in the first sentence of the Classic World of Warcraft homepage. So please don’t approach me with these sentiments of how you think the game should be, when Blizzard has already explained to you that it isn’t happening, whether you like it or not.

Alright, we’re not going to agree on anything here so let’s leave it at that.

One last thing before I go to further discredit you.

2 Likes

No changes.

1 Like

Ah yes, one mistake, you have debunked my entire argument. Nonetheless, my points still stand, and you’re cherry picking to feel accomplished on some irrational notion.