Water on classic mode

so I was inspecting the how the water looks on classic mode compared to high
graphics settings and I was surprised at how easy it was for me to see other players within the water unlike classic mode I can only see one side of the water at a time.

I wasn’t a big advocate for classic water before but I can definitely say that the water situation is a bit sketchy as far as settings go. I can definitely see this being a key part of classic wow pvp and wouldn’t mind seeing the devs give only the option for classic water on pvp servers.

If you haven’t had a look at it already I would jump in the closest river or lake and see mess with the settings, swapping between recommended and classic mode.

Yeah I’ve noticed this as well. It certainly is a change, not a massively impactful change, but a change either way. About the only time it really was slightly useful was ressing underwater to try to slip away from gankers. I don’t see it as gamebreaking or anything, but I’m curious to know why they made this change when so many other changes weren’t made in order to keep things as they were in classic.

I hope they change it to classic water only. Not super game breaking, obviously, but sometimes hopping in a river or pond to avoid a gank ( or sneak up on someone ) was a fun option to have. With all the other Classic only models that have been implemented it seems odd to leave modern water graphics in, as it does actually have a minor impact in gameplay.

2 Likes

On the other hand, using Ultra settings gives you so much foliage that tall reeds near water or grass in The Barrens could hide an army of gnomes in them and you wouldn’t know.

1 Like