Ugh... the graphics again

Implying you have knowledge on the technical specifics on the simplicity of implementing, please share. :thinking:

1 Like

https://streamable.com/o37rv

People have patched it in and it works pretty well. https://youtu.be/bd9mafYir9E?t=18

1 Like

So to re-ask my original question, you’re saying that you don’t have any knowledge on the technical specifics on the simplicity of implementing this?

First of all, no one but the ones that worked on the graphical hack can tell how long this took to even accomplish. If that adds 3-4 months of work to be accomplished at the risk of not making a deadline of August 27th, I think I’d say “No” to this.

Secondly, this would put additional work on the hands of the QA team that has to already validate (I’m sure), tons of tickets for each bug that has been submitted. Now, they have to validate for both graphical options to try to reproduce every single bug to ensure it doesn’t lead to additional bugs!? That could again lead to more time needed to ensure that the game is quality tested (say double the work) again putting the deadline of August 27th at risk? Again, the ROI isn’t there.

I can’t imagine any competent manager putting this anywhere near the top on any list in order to create more work for all members of the team to have to deal with all throughout the lifespan of Classic.

1 Like

Don’t be surprised when its revealed this is in the works and coming out soon after Classic releases.

#NoChanges is dead, they already changed a lot of things. Its still feels like vanilla WoW.

That has got to be the most combustable strawman I’ve ever seen.

Look, plenty of people have asked for a graphics toggle. Blizzard has gotten the message. I agree if it’s a toggle which defaults to vanilla style graphics then it would be the best option for pleasing both crowds.

But you gotta stop toting retail graphics as if they’re objectively better. They’re not. It’s an opinion. At the end of the day updated graphics are one of the lowest things on the priority list with the goal of delivering an authentic vanilla experience. The only reason we have any sort of updated graphics in the game at all is because it was probably more work to remove them.

So take the vanilla models and animations or don’t. I doubt we’ll see a new model toggle until maybe after phase 6. Best get used to it.

1 Like

As much as I’d like it, I doubt this is going to be happening. They removed all the HD skin and skeleton files from the latest Classic beta patch. Why would they go through the effort of removing all those files if they were just going to have to repatch them in for a toggle?

2 Likes

I’m not saying it might not happen, if anything the vocal super-minority will ask for this repeatedly and if the game is stable they may consider this.

I’m saying from where the project stands now and the goals it needs to accomplish before August 27th are big enough already.

Thing is, they’ll be working on polishing each patch after the previous one has been released, new features will sit near the bottom of their lists for some time to come. Just don’t get your hopes up :confused:

1 Like

As long as it exists as a toggle option (I loathe the new character models/animations) that does not hinder the launch date/time in any way, shape or form, then I don’t mind.

1 Like

I was mostly kidding, but what changes? :stuck_out_tongue:

Imagine basing your entire argument off of a video of an injection that has no basis if it will work on the Classic client, and even if it does, that’s modifying game files which therefore violates your Terms of Service license agreement.

In what world does

World of Warcraft Classic is a faithful recreation of the original World of Warcraft—it runs a bit smoother on today’s computers, but the game still looks and feels like you’re playing World of Warcraft from 2006.

• Experience the game as it was before the release of any of its expansion sets, and journey back to its beginnings.

Equate to HD model changes?

I’m honestly unsure why these type of posts aren’t just flagged as trolling by this point, considering the amount of evidence the developers, from Omar, to Brack, to Hazzikostas has given to us, which makes it openly clear that it won’t happen.

1 Like

Please no. Go back to BFA

1 Like

They will when they finally get it through their thick skulls that it isn’t happening, which will probably be by the time Classic launches in August. I feel like the developers are going to have to say it in all 7,106 spoken languages known to man for them to finally get it.

2 Likes

If you want to flag posts like these, you can. Don’t expect anything from it as this forum is for discussion and Blizzard decides what we can discuss, not you.

In what world does

Equate to HD water and shadows?

Both of which are in Classic. Maybe having optional HD toggles doesn’t detract from that statement.

1 Like

I play FF8 and the OG Resident Evil on a 4k TV… these graphics aren’t that bad lol

1 Like

Ah yes - because I implied that I have control over the situation.

Both of which have no impact on gameplay or marketing value. It does detract from the statement when you start adding models that look completely out of place comparatively to what was available at the time. I’ll hand you the HD water and shadows, but neither of which have a steep impact on the appearance of the game. The appearance of your character, however, does. In spite of that, HD water and shadows aren’t comparable to character models.

Characters can be covered up with gear, the water can’t be covered up by anything.

Now you’re just trolling lol, let me know when you come up with a feasible counterpoint.