Typical experience playing WoW vs other games

If you communicated badly, it is definitely your fault.

Due to you not fully explaining your point…which is not anyone elses fault.

I am well aware than when people complain they absolutely hate people disagreeing with them.

Only be an anti-Blizz drone or your opinion is not welcomed here.

The end game either was completely trivial, or you just werent allowed to participate in end game at all, because you were definitely “segregated”.

But there are still easier difficulties. Now people that want harder stuff get that option.

Doesn’t feel that way. M+ just feels way too rewarding for players to ignore it. This is by design.

Depends on the person. I ignore it just fine, but I got off the treadmill a long time ago.

2 Likes

Other games:
Load up, play, feel like I had a good gaming session.

WoW:
Log in, spend 30 minutes at the character screen, looking at alts, thinking what I want to do because there isn’t much that I do to begin with. I flop around on a few alts, do some pointless things… restock, craft, repost on AH and log out unfulfilled and wondering why I even bother.

2 Likes

I disagree. What the older versions of the game had was different levels of difficulty for different types of players, rather than trivializing all the lower difficulties and types of content in an attempt to funnel 100% of players into competitive content that many players would not choose if they had the choice.

3 Likes

The game ran fine with 1 and 2 modes of raiding difficulty. It forced players to actually be social too, and join guilds. LFR cut into casual guild raiding quite a bit, since a lot of players are just happy to LFR now instead of actually putting the forth the effort to find a team.

That is my point, the player base played together in the past, people that were low-skilled would get to mingle with players that were a lot better, it fostered a much better community.

This was an issue for anyone that was interested in raiding, unless your server was dead. There were tons of casual raiding guilds, just like there are now in Classic.

Classic has proven that the game was just fine without Mythic raiding and LFR.

1 Like

Sounds like you don’t like this game. Try playing a different one.

So you are really just against LFR? Because the higher difficulties definitely are easier with joining a guild, etc.

But that can still happen?

And there are plenty of casual raiding guilds now. You can definitely raid “casually” in WoW today if you put any effort into finding a guild.

Is that why the servers dont last long, and they continuously have to release the next expansion of content?

Hybrid classes would like a word with you.

It’s so weird you guys saying this can’t give specific examples.

I’m sorry, but the old raids weren’t that difficult, I get your aversion to playing with others, which I kind of gotten from a lot of your posts, but the game operated just fine when there were fewer difficulties.

All the steps to try to pander to the lowest skill level and the highest skill level has made WoW’s endgame into a fragmented cesspool.

I raid in other MMOs, like ESO and Lotro, and those MMOs are way more inclusive and bring players of all skill levels together, which creates stronger communities.

Lotro has probably one the best MMO communities in the business because they know how to create content that brings players together instead of trying to pander to sweaty tryhards, and the extreme low skilled players. They have a great balance when it comes to raiding difficulties.

2 Likes

Huh? Shamans, Paladins and Druids always had a raid spot.

Yes. As healers.

That was a class design issue, completely separate issue, has absolutely nothing to do with this topic.

But you said:

The game didn’t feel very inclusive if you were a ret pally or spriest. Is that not related or just not convenient to acknowledge?

What examples do you want… and how will that help you. The topic title said typical experience playing wow vs [OTHER GAMES]

It never asked for examples.

Last night mythical c +bracken hollow…we did it until it was completed #&@#$## the time we learned the mechanic and guess what now that we know when we do the higher key on that affix we know what to do…you got to be intelligent…you work the game don’t let it work you…and players have the attention span of an ant and the patience of a fly…that’s why everyone is so completely pissed off upset cranky with mythic plus…IGNORE THE TIMER LEARN THE PATTERN JUST BACK IN THE DAY WITH PACMAN ITS THE SAME DAMN THING…$###$ IO SCORE don’t look at the numbers learn the mechanic and the patterns…

2 Likes

Um, ret pallies and Spriest got raid spots in Classic.

When all of your PvErs quit; us PvPers will still be queueing arena.

2 Likes

Wait, so you’re talking about Classic or the actual old days? Because classic still exists but you referring to older versions in past-tense has me assuming you actually meant early WoW, where your statement is very wrong.