Twinking. Good or Bad?

Sorry that is not the definition of Twinking

In role-playing video games, particularly MMORPGs, twinking refers to outfitting a new character or player with items or other resources that are not normally available to new or low-level characters . A twink in this usage is a type of powergamer and munchkin

So keep being annoyed. This is not hating this is correcting your delusion re the end game.

3 Likes

Your denial doesn’t change the facts or design of this genre of games.

Hilarious and what someone always says when losing the discussion.

When you first get to max level you are a new max level and don’t have access to Gear gated behind resources and rating. :rofl: :man_facepalming: You are being farmed at max level by max level Twinks in BiS gear. :wink:

So by the definition you are using you are a Twink at max level. Sorry but this isn’t complicated just because you have some weird stigma about the word Twink. Perhaps you are in pure denial of what you really are. You are a Twink.

History lesson - I have been Twinking toons on all different levels Loooooooong before World of Warcraft ever came out. In a game called Diablo which WoW got influenced massively from. The LLD (low lvl dueling) community has always been a big part of Diablo before WoW even started.

Soooo when WoW came out us Diablo players started playing WoW. We were happy to see we could continue the tradition of LLD in WoW since it’s important in RPGs. It’s just really fun in this genre of gaming. Twinking is by design required in WoW that is if you want the game to be true to RPGs and successful.

1 Like

Have you ever geared up a character in World of Warcraft?
Serious question, it seems like you are against it all costs.

1 Like

We will not diversify from the discussion this is not about me. So please refrain Kang I’ve been on these forums long enough to know your strategies lol. We are speaking about twinking and its definition. Abombshield is trying to say the end game is twinking.

We all know it is not. Thanks.

You stated you were annoyed, so I will quote you.

1 Like

Then why are you trying to make it about me? You aren’t having a discussion and just in denial.

We all know that you Twink at max level. Your denial of something that is a simple as 2+2 = 4 doesn’t change the math. It’s easy to see you have no intentions of a discussion and to just blindly state things with no counter argument. This is bordering on trolling.

Wrong, I stated that people like you are annoying. :rofl: :clown_face:

Hating gear progression in a gear progression game is ridiculous and you have no valid reason to be upset.

Now I’m going to play my Twink. Have a good night.

• lol, I quoted you exactly what a twink means.
    • “It’s annoying” means annoying to you that other players don’t agree with you. Which would be the majority of the WOW end-game community.
    • I did not make it about you. You refuse to acknowledge what the majority of MMO players regard as twinking. That was established way before you and I started gaming probably.
  1. Sorry if the discussion upset you. Please feel free to go play your “low-level twink” Leave the end game to the real players.
1 Like

Most twinks on my friends list are ex-R1 pvpers who just got tired of the max level meta so I don’t know where you think this.

I explained what the majority of players regard as Twinking. A Twink at low level is doing the exact same thing at Max lvl. (YOU) are the only denying this.

I’m sorry you hate the core reason to play this game. Maybe RPGs (gear based games) aren’t for you?

It hasn’t as I already told you. I’m not sure if you are trolling or have a reading comprehension problem.

I’ll enjoy both thank you. I love end game Twinking and enjoy Low lvl Twinking. It’s why we play this game to gain massive power through gear and own it up.

Again you want to make it personal. You think you are the real player? After your posts above and deflecting questions on what you do in game? Thanks needed the laugh. :rofl:

Yea most Twinks have far better understanding of in game mechanics and their class as well. Very skilled and dedicated players. Max level is just different and sometimes you want to enjoy playing other levels to test your skill.

The problem is people have this delusional misguided wrong opinions of Twinks.

1 Like

My neighbor said he “Twinked” out his truck with chrome wheels.

What are these “Twink” items that allow players to dominate others in game?
Lots has changed since the old days of Pendulum of Doom era.
I do miss my Sunlute though. :joy:

I suggest you read this thread.

That’s from GD. Holds 0 weight for starters.

1 Like

I don’t hide my profile as some do. :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

i made this thread! but the twinking is kinda ok…i mean i can at least see why people do it…60s pvp right now is so…wierd. unless your a dh

1 Like

People who use this quote and think they’ve automatically won arguments, unironically prove they do not know how to have an actual debate, but would prefer to mindlessly shut down others who just disagree with them.

1 Like

It was not an argument. It was a discussion about the definition of twinking. It certainly has nothing to do with the end game. I don’t feel I won anything.

Yea I’ve chalked that poster up as just a common troll. Time to stop feeding it. Offers nothing to the discussion then says things like this while also deflecting when asked questions on what they do in game. :rofl: :clown_face:

It’s somewhat amusing that they don’t even know how foolish they look, although at the same time it’s just sad.

1 Like

Show us your profile in retail mine is not hidden like yours. :rofl: :joy: Something to hide?

Exactly people don’t agree with you.

The problem with Legion templates was because they did not let us choose stats and customize our characters. Not item level and progression related.

Legion was very popular with random BG’s as it was so easy getting decently geared to do good enough there. Geared players still had advantages but nothing too crazy. A big problem with arena participation had to do with normal PvP casual people focusing on BG’s as they did not need to do arena to gear + balance issues among other things. Saying it was all because of templates is just wrong. Templates where far from perfect though, wish they went with a better system so we could still set our stats how we like them. Another problem with the expansion was it started the need for PvE gear in PvP as they used that trash random system for some reason.

After they removed templates they just made it annoying grinds and hard to get PvP gear with BFA and SL. PvP population tanked hard. I think the real reason for the change rather than improving on it was just to get us to play WoW longer with less breaks away from the game, the same goes for how things where in PvE these last two expansions and it’s all changed in DF because it’s not what people want.

1 Like

They did! After Ion admitted that Templates were a mistake is when Ion debuted their Scaling system for BFA. So that way players could have choice over their stats and still be competitive against much higher level or geared players.

However Scaling was terrible and rejected yet again by the players because this is a Min/Max game. You can’t have hidden numbers when we NEED TO KNOW the numbers to Twink. That’s why we play the game. We play the game to gain power and drool over stats.

Eventually we figured out the hidden numbers and how to manipulate scaling to our advantage to do 1 shots. The system was flawed and exposed the truth. We as players will always figure out a way to 1 shot people because it’s what we want.

Rextroy had a new 1 shot video exposing Scaling every week and Blizz admitted the system was a failure and removed it. Thanks Rextroy. I still have the script to check my true PvP item level.

Players hate Templates and Scaling. Players want the feel of power progression in this game. They want to get new powerful gear to gain an advantage and dominate their opponents. That is what makes RPG PvP better than FPS or MOBAs where gear isn’t important. We love gear based PvP because it’s about Power and Skill.

Are you a comedian?