Twinking. Good or Bad?

My experience trying the twink thing. Ok…so waiting for DF. 60’s rated and other pvp is done. So I leveled 2 new 60’s on alliance side strictly through random bgs. I got them to 60 and waiting for gearing event.
During my time in random bgs I saw lots of guys who beefed out their 29s, 39s and 49 characters and were literally recking people. As a 60’s rated player who usually is around 2k the first thing I thought was … " these guys arent good enough to do rated pvp so they drop down and blow up guys leveling". On some maps on my side and against me time and time again I would see someone on top of charts and I mean…not by a little bit ahead…huuuuuugely…bigly…ahead. in 29 bracket for EG) dps would do 50k-70k is dang good. but someone would do 200k+ damage. or healing. and the dynamic of the entire game would change because you have to remember at that level we only have 4k health. thats a lot of bodies.
So instead of hating i thought id see first hand what its about. And so far I can see the fun in it. For sure. Blowing up guys leveling when your guy has 200k gold spent from the ah on him and most dont care because they are gonna blow through their 20’s in a few hours.
I gotta say…I was right the first time. twinking is for guys who cant dominate at max rated level. Thats just my experience. and I dont think it lends anything beneficial to the pvp community. They should not be allowed to turn off xp.

4 Likes

Just a different way to play bud. Haven’t done it in many years, but there are plenty of 2.2k+ people twinking.

7 Likes

There are plenty of twink that do better than you at max level.

5 Likes

Players learning how to gear up at an early stage in this game is excellent in the long run. Eventually this process becomes paramount in becoming effective in instanced PVP/PVE.
Playing alongside PVP’ centric players/teams also adds to major long term success.
Joining Battlegrounds for solely leveling purposes is not a good thing for health of the lower brackets.

In terms of dropping 200k in gold while leveling, this is exaggerated.
Not even close for success.
This character was built within enough Gold earned from Dungeons on the way to level 30. Definitely “Good enough”.
With the new merged universal Auction House, Materials, Gems, Scrolls etc. have become even more reasonable (Lowest historical prices yet.). Even then, the majority refuse to make use of this advantage. Crafting is returning in DF, good habit to make use of it to the fullest.

The dev team from Wrath Classic has it figured out with the merging of Experience off/on queues in instanced PVP settings.
This will promote a healthier/competitive PVP on average within the lower brackets imo.

Fix matchmaking, Premade vs Premade and return the Healer vs Healer on equal #s, to the way it once was.

Back to the roots.

1 Like

gear up once and done. at least for a year or two. compared to constantly having to upgrade gear and play rated content….

hard choice.

im doing solo shuffle because i have to not because its fun.

4 Likes

This is the main reason I like twinking. I’m tired of the gear treadmill. I don’t have a ton of time and all I want to do is log in, do some bgs, and log off.

4 Likes

Yeah you will find an annoying amount of ppl that abuse the xpoff bug tog et into xpoff bgs in this rbacket, instead of just playing with the rest of us in xpoff.

Twinks are fine when they stick to the xpoff ques.

I beef out my toons while lvling
here is my lock ( older picture before talent changes)
https://imgur.com/KACn0Xs
I was straight up 1 shotting ppl with conflag lol and it took me 5-10 minutes to get this gear. I repeat this for every bracket with a few changes depending on class/spec.

Twinking good.

Max level we are all Twinks. Everyone that plays this game is a Twink since the goal is to get BiS gear and Min/Max to gain an advantage over the other player. It’s a gear based game.

There is nothing different from Max level to Low level as you are only picking where you want to Twink.

If you don’t like Twinks then you don’t understand the game you are playing. Twinking is obviously good since it’s the whole point of playing an RPG (gear based game)

1 Like

Do you dominate at max level souldog?

Never read so much cack in all my time around twinking. It’s detrimental to the game. I used to twink and it got boring pretty fast.

1 Like

Twinking is not the end game. Stop trying to justify your existence. Exploiting and cheating to gain an advantage at low level is not end game.

2 Likes

Twinking is the game. This is a gear progression game. Our whole purpose is to log in and gain power through gear and Min/Max our builds and gain an advantage over our enemies.

• The whole point of Raiding is to Twink your character.
  • The whole point of M+ is to Twink your character.
  • The whole point of Arena is to Twink your character.

Where you decide to Twink is up to you… doesn’t matter if it’s 29, 39, 49 or 60. Everyone that plays WoW is a Twink because that is the core design of World of Warcraft being an MMORPG.

If you don’t like Twinking you probably don’t like gear based games (RPGs) and should play something else. The whole point of WoW is to always gain power and have an advantage. It’s why this genre of games has been so successful. People love it.

4 Likes

You can still twink your character… you’ll just be thrown into games against other twinks if your XP off on retail.

Ironically it killed the twink life because they didnt want to fight other twinks on equal grounds.

3 Likes

Yea this really hurt PvP since Twinking is such a huge part of this game. Honestly BGs shouldn’t reward any exp and should be a break from lvling to test your might against other players. Adding exp caused problems and ruined BGs.

If they have 1 Que again then PvP will flourish at all brackets again.

No it didn’t hurt pvp. It hurt twinks with fragile ego’s… the players that faceroll and are legit good players still dominate the game when they get to an ideal gear level.

The players that require BIS to pvp all stopped playing twinks because they couldnt compete against other twinks with skill.

Im not with you on twinking at all.

3 Likes

It doesn’t matter if you are with me. The fact still remains this game is about Twinking. Trying to remove what the game is about doesn’t work.

It just gets higher overall pvp participation…

This is becoming pretty hypocritical imho.
What’s the difference between this toon you are posting on, full enchants, some aim for ideal PVP stats, sharp stones etc. and the next player in line who just knows how to do it better?
Just some food for thought. :thinking:

1 Like

Its what I had to do in order to beat the party syncers / twinks… at the advice of my pvp friends since I’m relatively new and returning.

I would be happy to just roll in heirlooms but the unfortunate truth is that I have to resort to this method of playing not because I want to but so I can kill the twink/syncers.

Its essentially an arms race, I don’t like it. I would rather it be some sort of template but this is what we have.