Twink advantage is broken

I’ve tested it, a level 119 MM hunter with an ilvl of 294 can do 71k damage with double tap aimed shot + saltwater, if incendiary munitions procs and crits that’s another 17k. Soooooo 88k (crit damage) in a single attack from a MM hunter in the 119 bracket. :sob: the spec is crazy broken.

1 Like

Yea that spec is. Any other class/spec that gets that high of damage?

I’ve yet to one shot anyone, but I routinely 2-3 shot.

And where/how did you test this. Ive never been 1 shot . Plus if anyone gets hit by that combo without defensives, they deserve it.

Would we truly be satisfied with the state of things if twinks were three or four shotting levelers instead of one shotting them?

People are quick to point to spec imbalance as the cause, and some are in definite need of adjustment, but we just don’t see averagely geared players mudering people the way twinks are.

4 Likes

I’m not sure what you consider average gear, but I see a lot of heirloom gear in low level bgs. I feel like it’s competitive to BiS. And tbh, when I get 2 shot by a mm hunter, I don’t care if he’s BiS or heirlooms. I’m just pissed that it’s possible.

When people show up with missing slots, do they really expect to be competitive?

3 Likes

Options within the lower brackets will bring you very close to to end bracket stats at about half way in.
This is before any form of instanced PVP scaling.
As documented here,
https://imgur.com/a/8Ji3bMG

x5 compared to x9

Doesn’t seem so as I’d argue it’s more common to three and four shot someone now than it is to one shot them.

1 Like

This is elitist nonsense. You will never ever see everything coming at you in a random and will have zero opportunity to stop a MM globalling (and globalling is what people mean by one-shot, they don’t mean literally one spell kills you, they mean you are dying in one quick iteration) you in a GCD while you are engaged with someone else. Get two or three MMs tab-targeting and everyone is dying, full stop.

These forums have become this bizarre propaganda machine of fake news and tinfoil hats where twinks pretend current state twinking isn’t ridiculous (I have a few, and it is) while finding any way possible to attempt to railroad a thread or discredit a poster (“it’s the gems!” “It’s afk levellers!” “It’s the OP trinkets!” “It’s poorly geared people!” “It’s not an issue, all these people are like 3 alts trying to bring us down man” Etc etc ad-nauseum) while levellers bumble through after a beating to voice the same frustration over and over again (cathartic and possibly therapeutic but probably
Not affecting change).

The facts are pretty simple:

• twinking is worse than it has likely ever been. There are several reasons for this, including heirloom nerfs, misappropriated items, stat-squish anomalies, spec imbalance and Azerite gear.

• twinking will continue to become more of an issue because of the state of BFA - it’s boring. 119 especially is very accessible for a well-geared legion alt. Allied races make 29-39 a few hours away.

• twinking will also become more of an issue because much like factions, people get frustrated and eventually switch (or stop playing/queuing). If you could poll twinks on why they do it, most of them will cite seeing and feeling it in action as a source. This will continue to snowball just like a faction imbalance until brackets are almost all twinks anyways - you already see this happening as casuals stop queuing.

• No one has any idea if separating XP-off users will change queue times at all. The only thing we know for certain that does is faction imbalance - anything else is random speculation. Stop using it as a defense of twinking, it’s bullsh**

• There is no secret code of honour or search of “the best fights in the game” for 98% of twinks. If there was, they would be advocating separate queues as well. It’s the best way to feel the effects of gear disparity in the game and a fun way to blow off steam (melting people is fun - it’s hilarious and mean but it’s damn fun!). Cut the sh**, you do it because you can and because power feels good no matter the context.

• “levelers” is not an insult or effective way to discard opinions. Most levellers at this point are alts of high-endgame mains, who are mythic raiders, 2k+ arena and RBG players and running full heirlooms should give them a chance. I have not seen someone in quest greens in a BG in months and empty sockets might as well be urban legend beyond maybe a ring slot pre-40.

• eventually blizzard will make a change - maybe it’s remove XP from BGs (not likely), maybe it’s fix low-level specs (really not likely), maybe it’s tweak outlier pieces (some is happening!), or maybe it’s slowly making all the specs feel the same and making it all boring (uh oh). Could be separating queues, or forcing XP in BGs.

In any case we all would get along much easier if we all admitted the truth and had fun with it. Leveling through BGs used to be 50/50 fun/annoying and it’s creeping to 30/70 fun/annoying. Sh**ty behaviour from
Overpowering players is the fastest way to make it worse. Keep camping GYs and the problem will eventually sort itself, but not in a way that benefits twinks.

Or, come up to 120 and complain about 60k GPyros and Destro locks like the rest of us (and never see a MM again because they are terrible!)

2 Likes

Care to explain this?

Buff MM?
Have you tried MM in BFA at 120?

1 Like

For reference;

Both of these players have several missing slots and both have asked to have twinks separated, but the reality is they will both have a hard time with or without xp off. Do we really want pvp catered to this?

I level with heirlooms and I do fine. I’m no mythic raider or 2.2k legend so it’s possible for an average leveler to enjoy pvp unless they’re just not trying or looking for excuses.

Calling them facts and adding bullets doesn’t make them facts.

7 Likes

I am definitely having more than 50/50 fun on my Boomkin. On my Warlock, it was about 50/50 I’d say, but that’s more due to class than anything.

As for this, I was seeing people in the 50’s, even 60’s, with a missing ring or trinket slot. Even saw someone with heirloom gear not updated past level 60 (which may as well be empty slots)

He’s level 81 and still not updated heirlooms btw

2 Likes

yeah the amount of people who just come in bad gear is nuts I have seen it all the way up to 119 where ppl come in with like 25k hp and they just flop if someone even looks at them waste of slots IMO saw a 67k boomy at 120 today too who died in 2 hits lol

4 Likes

Hey Sandyclaws, Welcome back.

2 Likes

Yea just looked that guy up. At level 81 he is 64 ilvl. At level 74, I’m 86 ilvl… big difference between two levelers.

3 Likes

Once 70 our options really start to open up.
For 300g? or some Marks of Honor, players can be completely outfitted in Gem Slotted Off pieces.
IF we feel the need to add some power to our characters.

Some examples of one the fastest methods of gearing, If needed.

68g 49s

50g 32s

1 Like

Only thing broken atm is Alliance gameplay these last few days.

1 Like

Yes that was the joke. Check out loot district and tell me how many MM players you see.

Oh, it is him :joy:

Found this funny:

Upgrade your heirlooms people! Wearing heirlooms that max out at 60 hurts yourself and your team

2 Likes