Twink advantage is broken

Any source, or just personal opinion?

I’m leveling two toons through and yes, they have been fun. Not to mention crazy experience.

2 Likes

i mean, aside from the countless twink threads being bumped daily for the past few weeks, i suppose it would be personal experience.

Check the front page of Battlegrounds, i can’t decide for you, but maybe theres enough posts for you to deem it a source. Unlikely though, you seem to prefer spending all your gold to be able to one shot.

2 Likes

Same.

Sure I have some twinks but not all of my toons are twinked out ofc. When I level alts I usually sit in org and chain que bgs and dgs, questing is for the birds, and I have fun in bgs. Sure some games are lopsided but that is always true of low lvl pvp, twinks or not.

1 Like

It is a poor source indeed.

Yeah… and the vast majority of those threads have been made and kept alive by the same handful of people who got so butthurt at losing to a twink they come spam the forums.

All that is a source for how battleground forums feel. Nothing on here is a good source for the playerbase as a whole, that would be a pretty ridiculous thing to claim.

4 Likes

Especially when a large amount of the posts are from accounts that have not broken Honor Level 1.
It becomes quite questionable.

3 Likes

I do find it funny that twink threads are practically the most liked threads in the BG forums though :rofl:

4 Likes

It is amazing for activity and buzz within an area of this wonderful game that is claimed to be the road less traveled.
The forums too. :wink:
World of Warcraft is HUGE, I recommend everyone stop to smell the roses more often.

1 Like

Let’s be fair. The 500+ post threads that devolve into repetition are kept alive and while by people on both sides, some of whom are in this thread too.

It’s not just anti-twinks all agreeing with one another in there.

1 Like

Oh sure, absolutely.

There are a handful of posters on either side of the issue.

I’m just saying that taking these threads as proof that everyone but twinks is having a miserable time in low level bgs is pretty ridiculous. Taking anything said on these forums as a majority voice of the playerbase is just silly.

5 Likes

I start my pvp nights off solo queue (sometimes with my brother if he is on) and try to get 1 win on each of my characters (regardless of lvl or progression). If I experience a certain bracket having an abundance of twink activity, I simply move onto the next character in a different bracket. Once I have completed my 1 win per character (if possible) I usually find a 119 twinked character I am in the mood to play then solo queue on that character for the rest of the night (unless my brother is on).

If there is a shortage of twinks on either side of the 119 bracket I migrate to the underdog side and try to contribute as best as I can. If I am able to queue with a community or find some like minded players (not necessarily twinks) I queue with them to increase our chances at victory.

Horde and Alliance have active 119 twink communities that are growing every tw event. With the 5 man limit to premade groups you can basically approach the 119 bracket with a mindset of facing a 5 man premade in just about every bg on either side during peak hours. Its the late night, early morning hours that feel a little lopsided in the presence of twinks as the team dynamics (twink to leveler ratio) are a little more static.

In my opinion, the 111-119 pvp bracket Is by far the most enjoyable bracket for battlegrounds. Once you get your 3 az pieces and a few pieces of gear from quests or dungeons at level 115+ you can actually contribute to your teams victory.

119 pvp :star_struck:

1 Like

No I run into many twink hunters and they are one pump chumps. You see them pop cds and double tap, start casting aimshot. I pretend i dont see them and greater fade. Then i procede to kill them.

Most MM hunters in the 119 bracket rely on their double tap rapid fire combo to apply pressure. It’s one of the easiest mechanics to avoid, especially with cc.
Nightelves: shadowmeld
High mountain Tauren: bull rush
Tauren: war stomp
Pandaren: quaking palm
hunters: feign death, scatter shot, freezing trap.
Mage: dragons breath, ring of frost, polymorph
Locks: fear, death coil, fel guard stun, shadow fury, seduce
Warrior: fear, stun, disarm, die by the sword
Druid: stun, disarm, demoralising roar
Rogues: blind, vanish, stun, gouge, disarm, smoke bomb, evasion, parry
Dh: blade dance, stun, imprison, darkness, blur.
Paladin: bubble, stun, BoP, blinding light, repentance
Monk: disarm, stun, paralyze
Priest: fear, fade, horror, mind bomb, chastise
Shaman: lightning lasso, sundering, static charge
Dk: strangulat, ghoul stun

“Knowledge is power” :nerd_face:

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve actually seen a “new” player in a very long time. But I do agree, farming bad players isn’t entertaining.

???

1 Like

Can you find a few more incidents of it happening pre-110? One anomaly doesn’t make it a regular thing like everyone claims it is.

Personally I’ve never seen a true one-shot like the one Welfare did, most I’ve ever seen is a two-shot.

I don’t believe I’ve ever said 1-shots are common.

I wasn’t trying to imply that you said they are common, it just seems to be a common claim. I really only see two shots from MM Hunters / Destruction Warlocks and that’s more of a class issue than a “twink” issue.

1 Like

Oh okay. 1, 1-shot happened at low level.