Twink advantage is broken

Twinking isn’t the problem, the numbers are. No one is denying that twinks are fun, and given that more time and effort is invested into them that they should have more of an advantage over the leveling players. This advantage is currently broken. a 119 twink shouldn’t be able to 2 shot you, or be able to wipe out half of your team in a flag room single-handedly and in less than 10 seconds, but they can.

It’s not justified just because we can counter it by spending that much time and energy and gold into becoming twinks ourselves. It’s not justified because its just a leveling bracket. It’s insane.

Advantage is fine, but if you think this isn’t broken you are undoubtedly one of those enjoying stomping on players with a lot less Azerite and gear. Currently in the 110-119 bracket on the horde, you have a 50/50 shot of joining a BG then having half of your team leave before it even begins because of twinks on the enemy team that will just farm you in the graveyard, 2 shotting you through the ground. This is broken, and its still being justified by twinks as something that we can counter if only we were motivated enough. Twinking isn’t the problem, the numbers are.

Edits: for grammar

10 Likes

Nah. I’m tired of horribly geared levelers whining that they want free carries to max levels 10-120 in bgs while they afk.

11 Likes

I’m not going to deny twinks are broken, but the bracket you mentioned is by far the easiest to twink for with a far lower gold threshold to do it.

1 Like

I tried it once and it was actually pretty boring. Overgearing yourself when the majority of your opposition are new players or levelers just wasn’t any fun. It gave me the same feeling I got the first time I hooked a game genie up to a nintendo game. I was like “yay…?” I’m sure it’s fun to others. Let them do them.

3 Likes

With gear mattering again in PvP with no concessions to differentiate between PvE gear and PvP gear (I.e PvP stats) it’s no different that heroic+ raid geared players wiping the floor with everyone.

When facing off against the same class and they have 100k+ more health than you (and the damage to match) that’s just as not fun as being on the receiving end of a twink beat down.

2 Likes

Pretty much.

I’ll be alright with everyone being in one queue so long as they’re brought in line which, as OP stated, will not entail a completely even playing field. No one expects that. It’s cool for twinks to have an edge, just not the edge that they have presently.

Recent changes and plans appear to indicate that blizz is looking into this sort of thing with respect to certain problem items but I wish they’d think bigger picture.

Let’s not do this, bud.

Most levelers are averagely geared, unless they’re deliberately vendoring the upgrades that they come across. Twinks also have no bearing on how easy or difficult it would be for lazy players to find carries, so those aren’t the people that are opposing you.

I figure twinks once they reach a certain gear advantage be granted the ability to fly across the map. All players who find themselves in their shadow as they soar through the sky are instantly killed, and all their gold and items are siphoned to the twink. Sounds fair for everyone.

3 Likes

Well yeah, isn’t that the plan?

1 Like

Dont mistake the word “hunter” for twink. Cause let me tell you that I can not 2 shot you. Im also not dumb enough to let a hunter 2 shot me, as i have defensives.

This I think contributes to the issue that everyone is feeling. At the lower brackets, there are few defense abilities until you start leveling up more. By the 80s bracket, everyone has their toolkit and can stand better chances.

This starts going down the path of class balancing, but perhaps there needs to be better defense abilities at lower levels.

2 Likes

Well some of the old guard plays WoW it seems lol…womder how many even remember this.

A twink 119 MM hunter especially full geared with anniversary pieces will have more KBs than any twink in a BG. You would be dead before You could disperse depending on how they specced.

I guess alot of people must be newer to WoW thinking been around for 10+ years it’s not anything out of the ordinary to people accustomed to them. If you leveling you get ganked by 120s constantly and rarely anyone around your own level the way BFA is so it’s life of pre-120 to deal with unfair advantages. Sure you want a break from PvE so you BG not because you have to or you get good rewards cause you get better doing PvE things leveling up, you do it cause you like it.

That said twinks you run into at random and can as easily have them on your team stomping the opposing team. So sometimes you get bad BGs far as teammates sometimes you don’t. But at least you get to have some PvP action that’s even moderately far vs being ganked in World mob constantly. Pick your poison. Twinks at any level can’t beat people much higher than them typically and even the highest level twinks will get beaten by 120s now with scaling pruned and 120s being more geared.

So if you are leveling then do that cause alot of BGs you aren’t winning for all kinds of reasons whether it’s a premade, other team playing more objectively, more experienced players etc. So to single out one aspect of BGs that may have caused you a couple lists a bit silly cause that very same deal probably caused you to win quite a few too.

I am not here advocating or promoting Twinking but we all wanted gear to matter again or at least to a extent. And this ehat you will run into time and time again whether your level 20 to 120 someone with significantly more gear then you will always have a advantage. Whether it’s a twink or 120 full Mythic geared rolling you…eye on the prize get to 120 get geared and get to the point where its skill>gear That’s causing your losts.

Theres a very big difference between what you think is happening, and the actual reality of that bracket. No one wants an AFK carry, they just don’t want to get one or two shot by an enemy player who only wants to sit in that bracket all day.

It’s not the “horribly geared levelers” that are the problem, its a broken system that creates such an advantage that people are insta-leaving BG’s when they see certain names popping up. I don’t want free carries, i don’t want templates to return, i just want a system that isn’t beyond broken.

I knew people would try and justify it how you do, but you very clearly either don’t understand the problem or are benefiting from it.

5 Likes

Actually it is. Some players have entire slots missing. Heirloom pieces that aren’t updated past level 60 bracket.

7 Likes

And you think the fact that players have slots missing somehow justifies a 119 marksman hunter to 1-shot other players with an aimed shot? How does that make sense?

How does my teammates lack of gear come back on me to the extent that an enemy should also be able to 1-shot me? Your logic is flawed. IDC what the guy next to me has or doesn’t have, that doesn’t affect me, the problem is broken numbers.

2 Likes

Marksman hunters are broken no matter what way you look at it even the non geared 1s that I see do stupid dmg welcome to class balance

4 Likes

I’m not talking BfA BGs. 1 shots aren’t happening at lower levels, before 110, but having teammates with missing slots is just as bad as a twink (just the other extreme)

1 Like

yeah really broken twinking brackets get boring really fast unless there are tons of competing twinks on both teams to keep it spicy

even then the normal geared players are basically afk regardless of whether they participate or not, as they are at such a stupendous disadvantage. This effectively makes the twink heavy brackets incredibly boring for the normal players, if not outright frustrating.

xp-off brackets should be separate from the leveling brackets. Leveling brackets should be a fun experience for ‘leveling’ not just massively boosted alts.

3 Likes

Where are these?

3 Likes

As they are.

2 Likes

Currently they aren’t. Leveling brackets are only fun for those who have turned off exp, not the levelers. It’s like shooting fish in a barrel, that’s all they want.

2 Likes