Trial of Style

Bump because Tovi is right.

2 Likes

I’m sure most people go “BS voting” then drop group as fast as they can. I started mousing over people when weird winners were announced and noticed they’re in the same guild and/or server.

Look for it and you’ll see it. Guaranteed.

In the last ToS I took a ton of screen shots of people all in the same guild in first, second and third place but I deleted them in frustration because every time I bring this up, people on the GD always make it about my inability to win, which has nothing to do with nothing.

2 Likes

I strategically spread my votes around to tie every one else regardless of the quality of their mog so that i edge out by a vote for victory

This is why we can’t have nice things. I just want to queue up with a few friends and let the best mog win. I don’t need to be fed votes for a reward. I just want to enjoy interesting mogs with a few friends and pugs. :confused:

1 Like

eh… it doesn’t matter if you win, you still get the tokens

The REAL issue is that Trial of Style needs to be EVERY month, just like DMF.

Having “evergreen” content like ToS be available for only 2 weeks a YEAR is absolutely ludicrous.

As for the grouping issue, I think it’s kinda niche and would be much less of an issue if the event was happening regularly like DMF.

7 Likes

To correctly quote what she said, and reiterate what she said that it has nothing to do with the ability to win.

2 Likes

5 Likes

don’t boop your head!

honestly, the entire thing was very poorly implemented.

it should be no groups, and everyone just as paperdolls so nobody can see who is who :stuck_out_tongue:

Theme: Fall!
votes for half-naked female blood elf
Theme: Monsters!
Theme: Summer!
Theme: Yellow!
Theme: Neckbearded Loneliness

5 Likes

It is not much, but I hope it can raise awareness, paired with your post.

It is such a no-brainer, and I am still shocked that I never realized you could queue with others. That goes against the spirit of a trial or competition entirely. :person_facepalming:

8 Likes

Thanks! Very appreciated.

2 Likes

i agree with op , so many times have I seen a group from the same guild feed themselves to win and they do not even mog to the right category, pretty lame to say the least.

2 Likes

I agree with Tovi. Either not allowing groups to queue together for it or require a group of 3-5 to be able to queue together and it will just be just those 3-5 in there.

2 Likes

Haha, that’s basically my biggest gripe of this event. The Skimpiest female wins most of the time.

After all, it’d take too much effort to code in a system that only allows you to transmog gear specific to the theme during the event.

1 Like

While that kind of voting is unlikely to change, at least if there is a change to either no groups, or groups are queued only as their own group with no randoms, then it will be people being people, and not rigging the system to vote specifically for one person or group.

3 Likes

I’ve been seeing the opposite in the last couple. It felt like people were purposely avoiding the skimpy mog.

Maybe people are getting tired of it :thinking:

3 Likes

sad thing is people have been complaining about this since the first trial, and Blizz has done squat, even sadder that Blizz implements these features without taking into consideration people will fudge the results.

1 Like

Yep.

Myself and others have been begging for this change for years now. It’s so frustrating because the ToS is my favorite holiday but by the time day 3 or 4 rolls around, I’m fed up and frustrated with the entire thing.

I don’t mind losing because someone out dresses me or the majority feels like they did, but to be in a group where the winner is decided before the theme is announced ain’t right.

4 Likes