Trial of Style

Won’t stop me from voting against any elf and vulpera i see in there.

I’ve seen a change in this trend and even had people say that they won’t vote for skimpy if people try to use that as an excuse to not do the theme.

I think some are getting tired of it. lol

2 Likes

What have we done to you? If they add a skull & spikes theme are you going to vote against me simply because I’m small?

2 Likes

Some people are very hostile towards elves and what they consider “furries.” But apparently Worgen and Tauren are okay. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I agree with OP but also I yearn for rewards this year. Lately we’ve just had the same transmog rewards over and over. I have them already.

I’d like to have some new ones (plus the old ones too for folks who don’t have em).

1 Like

It just needs its own tent next to DMF dance tent.

Something every month. My kids have games with transmog competitions.

I’ve seen players dress up not like a cowboy at all or whatever the theme and win because of purple hair.

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

2 Likes

I think it being a DMF event is a great idea.

Or, at least increase it to quarterly.

but with no grouping as a party

2 Likes

I’d hate to see group participation for this go away. I’ve gone through ToS with my friends plenty of times, and part of the fun is seeing what the other people not in our circle put together, but I can absolutely see people coming in to game the system to get their quick rewards and bounce.

What if they kept the group queue but also introduced a ‘heroic’ mode that was exclusively for solo-queueing with a boost to rewards, or perhaps some other added flair through titles and achievements? Could call it ‘Fashionista Mode’ or something.

1 Like

I agree with OP, although I never noticed if I was in a premade group or just with random players but the topic makes sense.

Since you can just keep on entering over and over I just kept entering with what I normality wear until I had enough prize tickets, its not easy to throw together a theme when you have 30 pages of cloaks etc… and it would take a lot of time to create sets for whatever theme might come up, totally not worth it unless… the prize was worth it, lets say…500 traders tenders :slight_smile:

Also, to make it fair, how about limiting times you can play to 30 per toon? Or cheaters like me will just keep showing up looking like I always do till I win :grin:

Edit: Something is very wrong with my profile pic and avatar, so just don’t look at it hehe.

Because this disney furbait garbage doesn’t belong in warcraft.

hurr durr worgen
Two completely different things, two different artstyles pretty much.

I’ll suggest to increase ToS to 4-6 times per year, instead of 2… I’d prefer if there’s a better approach like Darkmoon faire enables some kind of trial of style instead of the current design, maybe the problem with frequency is the transmog cost reduction but its already a low gold sink.

1 Like

Actually while skimpy mods can win, I have seen them lose hands down as well to the heavily covered in theme toon.

This was on the horde side where pretty is quite relative. :slight_smile:

1 Like

OMG I love this idea! :smiley:

2 Likes

Put on something sexy or funny regardless of theme. Its not rocket surgery

I had no idea that you could queue into it with friends. I lose so many rounds though, but I’m glad it’s coming back.

I wish it was more than twice a year.

I wish I could prepare my outfit for the theme before queuing up. I know there’s only a finite number of them, but I don’t have a list of prepared outfits for all occasions and a minute or two is not enough time to scan my whole wardrobe for ideas.

Wowhead has a list of the themes. I pick a few and create and save them, join the queue. Then next time do the same. This builds up my pre-prepared list over time.

It is also easier and faster to do some tweaks to a pre-prepared mog than building from scratch, especially if you have to come up with a theme on the fly.

Okay I can forgive this math once, but…

Cmon now.

1 Like

I just Away From Keyboard through it to farm the currency until I buy everything from the vendor.

Is it because only five people can play and five other friends would be six?

what do I win, cash?