Trial of Style

Tovi…we don’t usually see eye to eye entirely…but really struggling with this. This really seems like a super niche one off issue…

It’s way more common than you think.

Have issues believing since I have all the mog of all armor types and…well haven’t seen it once. There could be a dark seedy underbelly of ToS cheating…I just don’t see it. Also mean that with as little snark as possible, promise.

I dunno. I see it every event. It’s extremely frustrating.

Does anyone know if you get a debuff for dropping group? If Blizz is never going to fix this, I’m just going to leave the group if I don’t get a debuff instead of voting for the person(s) not from the same guild.

Looks like as of last ToS you still get the debuff if you leave.

I think you get deserter.

Which is another reason they shouldn’t let people join as a group.

If it is happening to you alot…why not just use it too? Get some friends to just vote for you in a group? Not the fix you want…but sorta gets you whatever you want from the event still no?

I forget, did they add new items to the Trial of Style vendor?

But yeah, it does kinda suck to dress up the best you can, and then you notice that 4+ of the other players are either in the same guild or the same group of servers, so the best you can hope for is that at least half of them have morals and actually vote for the best mogged instead of circlejerking their own group.

Because one should not have to cheat, to fight cheating. The better answer would be an actual solution to the problem, such as has been suggested by Tovi, or the alternative by Anadisong.

2 Likes

Should and have to are entirely different things. My suggestion is something SHE can do if it is happening. What has more of a chance of at least getting a outcome any time soon?

While your point is true, the tone of the response was not ‘well, hopefully a change to resolve the cheating issue will occur’ it was ‘oh well, sucks to be you, why aren’t you cheating to?’

2 Likes

The problem is that, even if they did ban group queuing or limited the amount of times you could vote for someone in your group, people would still vote for the person wearing the skimpiest of skimpy mogs.

what they should do is, aside from “Free for All” and “Summer Fun(?)” themed ToS, they should limit available transmogs to what would fit the assigned theme. But that would take effort. xD

2 Likes

Again, this isn’t about my ability to win.

When I get into a group of 3 or 4 people, I might as well not even be there. Same goes for the other couple people in the group. It’s 10 to 15 minutes wasted as they’re patting themselves on the back. How is that fun?

If people want a guaranteed win, make them join as a full group. Those of us that want a fun competition are not the problem here.

I am a pragmatist. Note I also voiced my disbelief it happens, but if so blizz is notoriously slow in fixing things. God, I still have issues with DCing from jumps expansions later lol. It makes more sense to me to suggest to Tovi a way around it instead of hoping big brother blizz does something.

Fully supported. Make it fair. :dracthyr_nod:

2 Likes

isn’t this kind of just… cheating the system?

they should disable grouping for stuff like this

3 Likes

Removing grouping would affect people that legitimately queue as a group to play with friends as was said by Anadisong, limiting it to queing as a full group would still allow those who want to experience it like that to do so, without affecting everyone else.

Anadisong’s alternative also would of a sort, if the group could only vote for one of their number once as a group and otherwise had to vote outside the group, but that would still let them join together as a small group to see what transmog looks their friends put together to match the themes.

But fairest would indeed be no group queuing.

Yeah I don’t think you should be able to group queue for this at all but on the other hand, I don’t see the big deal if 6 people want to sit around in a circle and vote for themselves.

I had no idea this was something you could game. Going to post something in CC. ToS is my favorite event, and I sometimes tilt my head at the ‘Bronze Clockwork’ victor who may be dressed in their usual sexy-time, Goldshire transmog with the other party members /YELLING for them in celebration. Or maybe I’m not thinking abstractly enough to appreciate such a rare fashion sense… Gold(shire) is a metal, like bronze…

3 Likes