Trial of Style: Disable Queueing as a Group or Make Groups Join Separate ToS Instance

With Trial of Style coming up, the following should be executed to ensure the games are fair and all players can have fun.

To preface: The forum member below brought up this topic regarding people being able to queue together for Trial of Style, I have linked their post with the community echoing similar sentiments. Until now, I had not realized you could queue with others, it seems so ridiculous and a no-brainer. It is not in the spirit of a ‘trial’ or ‘competition.’

It makes so much sense now considering some of the communications in ToS paired with the winner’s questionable outfit, not in the theme, even if you consider said outfit abstractly compared to the theme.

Trial of Style queueing should be comprised of either of the following resolutions:

1. Queue as an entire group; no random (hello) is stuck with a group of people all trying to vote for the same person so they can earn the currency to turn in faster. You cannot queue as a group unless it’s a full group for Trial of Style (6 people). This will mean that group of people will always be in their own instance, and their goals will never conflict with those of a bystander(s) who joins.

2. Disable queueing as a group altogether; in the spirit of competition, make it so a person cannot queue with a group at all under any circumstances. It cannot prevent folks from queueing simultaneously. Still, it will remove the blatant way individuals may queue via a group and a random person (hello again) is stuck with the said group that has no desire actually to compete in Trial of Style.

Please allow for Trial of Style, the epitome of high fashion on Warcraft’s catwalk, to maintain its competitive flair by erasing any bias or reliance on group-sourced voting via one of these two means. Or if another individual has a proposal, I would be happy to add it as well to potential solutions. Thank you! :peace_symbol:

You are Balenciaga, Azeroth.

15 Likes

I don’t think grouping should be disabled entirely but I think it should definitely be only full groups can join or you can join solo with other solo players.

It does take the fun out of it, like Tovi and you pointed out, when you solo queue and you get in a group of 3-4 people all in the same guild. Very rarely do they vote for you.

Make it like the Megadungeon is right now, you can’t queue for it to fill in with random people, you have to form the group to enter manually. If that makes sense.

7 Likes

Exactly. Let groups have what they want, where you cannot queue to be put with random people, but will only be in the instance with your group that queued.

4 Likes

It’s pretty unfair to be allowed to join as a group that isn’t a full party, basically to control the outcome of the voting. I agree, either join as full party (which doesn’t add anyone new if someone leaves) or join solo.

7 Likes