Trial of Style

The beloved ToS is coming up in a couple of weeks and I’m pleading, once again, for you to make a much needed change to make the holiday enjoyable for the majority.

Currently, people can form a group and queue for this event. This creates a problem because it waste the time of the other people there that’s not in their group. It’s not fun to spend time building a set and consider people’s sets only to have your vote canceled out because 3 or 4 people in there are voting for themselves.

I’m not saying people can’t do this event with friends but it should be a requirement that if you to want cheat, I mean group with friends, then you must have 6 to queue as a group.

33 Likes

I have never participated in this and likely never will, but what you are saying makes sense :+1:

1 Like

Bold of you to think I have 5 friends.

I guess with as much as I do ToS, even if I do get into a group with people feeding each other points, I still end up with plenty of left over currency at the end of the event so I don’t notice it happening.

4 Likes

I stopped caring about this when even random groups were voting for the person who never even changed their outfits at all and basically AFK’d the event.

I once witnessed someone standing around in a pair of plate pants and nothing else for all of the challenges, didn’t move, didn’t change, didn’t emote, didn’t do anything and they won in a random group.

Kudos to them, but I stopped trying after that. lol

This is also true. I understand that it’s probably not fun for people when this happens, but I always have enough for what I want to buy.

1 Like

It’s not about the currency because you’re right, you get plenty of it.

It’s about wasting time and generating a feeling of resentment, which both of those make the event not fun. If there are at least 3 together, there is no reason for you to even vote and there’s no reason for them to even attempt to follow the theme.

1 Like

If you’re doing it on that character, a Tauren, as bad as it sounds, you’d have better luck as a nightborne or belf as pretty races with skimpy mogs can get you wins easier, especially if you manage to pull off a skimpy mog that matches the theme. It could also just be that while your mog was good, people thought someone else’s were better, or maybe everyone voted for the one they liked the least in hopes of winning themselves, leaving the one with the not good mog to win instead.

Yeah, that I understand. It’s frustrating when it happens.

The only problem is that I don’t think you can queue as a raid group and we don’t have 6-man groups. I haven’t tried in a while, though. My guildies and I tried this when it first started and couldn’t queue as a raid. Maybe they fixed it? Or maybe they should if they haven’t.

… that has nothing to do with my point and no, I’m not taking the easy path of showing some skin as an elf. I win plenty as a tauren because I know how to dress, not undress.

4 Likes

That’s what I’m asking for: a change. Let people queue as a group as long as they do it as a raid of 6.

If you solo queue then you’re with 5 strangers.

4 Likes

I know what you’re asking for, but those of us who don’t have 5 other people to queue with are just out of luck. I’ve had mogs win with one group but not another. I don’t think it’s always people feeding each other votes. Just people’s differences in opinions on what’s good and what’s not.

Out of luck how? You might actually have to follow the theme?

I follow the theme just fine, and even when I queue in with one or two friends, often we don’t win. It’s just fun to queue up and see who in the group has the best mog. Not everyone cheats.

One of my best wins was like the 5th time in an hour getting the faction pride and I was tired of the same alliance mog, so I did horde colors and won. Everyone thought it was amusing that the horde mog won in an alliance group.

1 Like

I’ve done every ToS since it was put in and every single time people have queued together they just vote for themselves. So that’s cool you and your friends do it correctly but you’re a unicorn, not the norm.

And if you guys are voting correctly then why do you need to be in a group?

It’s a good suggestion. Some of the best mogs come from easily collectible pieces, I think anyone can come up with a cool transmog idea of their own merit. Doesn’t need to be super flashy with the latest and greatest tier sets.

Tovi once again with a massively L take.

ToS Group participation is fine. Maybe your mog needs to be improved? :thinking:

Who are you?

This isn’t about me winning. Every single one of my 33 characters have the shirt. This is about cheating makes the event unfun.

2 Likes

So you think it’s fun to have 5 against 1, knowing those 5 are all voting for their friend and ignoring the 6th person out?

2 Likes

Because doing stuff with friends is fun? I have a few friends who enjoy mogging as much as I do, so we enjoy queuing up together to see which of us comes up with the best mog or if a pug will outshine us. Sure we could stream it in discord, but it’s not the same. I’d be able to queue with 5 other people if they make it cross faction, but that probably won’t happen for a bit.

1 Like

It’s not fun for others though. We’re not there to be your audience.

And again, that’s not directed at you personally, but all groups that do this.

Maybe Blizz could make it so you can only vote once for someone in your group if you queued up with them. I know when you’re in a group and you queue up in LFD, you can’t just go around kicking the pug.