Titanic Research Archive missing ranks after Faction Change

I want to add my information so it can help. I had all the way up the 3/3 Clear Sight, taking the solo side (3/3 Singular Sanitation Expertise) and Emergency Cranial Defibrillation.

Now, post-transfer, I have been downgraded to 1/3 Sanitation Expertise and 1/3 Clear Sight. In fact, it’s impossible for me to have this configuration through normal means.

NOTE: Another bug, I cannot select the realm transfer character for the forums… This post is from the pre-transfer. The post-transfer is Leìloo-WyrmrestAccord.

Yeah, having the same issue here… was 2/3 on the first two options and Faction changed took them back to 1/3 but I did have enough to upgrade one back to 2/3… then Server xfered and now they’re both BACK to 1/3…

You would need to post in Bug Reports. QA doesn’t take reports from the Customer Support forum and the SFAs here are not liaisons with them.

1 Like

Thanks for the update.

1 Like

pls tell me theres gonna be a fix for this by tuesday at the latest

No garuntee.

1 Like

I mean, im far behind friends now when it comes to research cos if this bug. It’s getting to the point soon where need to clear the harder areas for upgrades :frowning: and def need those traits

Same here, I’ve been holding vessels and coalescing visions as much as possible to avoid doing visions without the research I lost, but at this rate I’ll have to do a vision tomorrow to avoid capping both coalescing visions and vessels after I already accidentally hit the cap on visions once and lost 1400 visions because of it.

Good morning and good Monday, all! We have a code fix in review, which means we’re moving closer to a solution. From here it’ll go into engineering peer review, then QA testing. Once we’re clear it should be slated to deploy. This process can still take some time, but I’ll let you all know as it moves along.

To tackle one of the earlier questions, I wanted to confirm that we do log and can see your Memento currency, which will be part of the overall fix as well. You’re still clear to spend Corrupted Mementos for research.

Another one that came up is impossible tech trees where certain tiers get jumped, etc. This is part of the same bug and already factored for in how it’ll be addressed. While we have the potential fix ready, I don’t have specific details to share yet since the way we address the bug may change depending on how it goes in review/QA. Once we’re more confident in the final version of the fix, I’ll include it in a future update here.

9 Likes

Any update? is it safe to do character services again? If not, is race change safe from this bug?

Race Changes are unaffected by this bug and should be fine. No news yet on state of the fix, but I’ll try to check in with the team throughout the day.

6 Likes

Thanks for keeping us in the loop Glaxigrav. This bug is a huge bummer, but I feel a bit better knowing progress is being made on a fix. =)

Just chiming in as another affected player. losing several days of progress is a little bit worrying!

I got caught in the bug when I server transfered. For best rewards I guess it’s better not to run under researched heroic visions and wait until you deploy the fix. Will the fix be only at weekly reset or can it be deployed midweek?

All things have a chance of being patched during additional maintenance outside Tuesday’s usual. That said, it isn’t usually something that’s decided until a fix is found and tested first.

1 Like

Had two support tickets answered basically saying that GMs can’t do anything. Devs have asked them not to make changes and that a fix is in the works. From this forum I’m happy to wait another week for a fix. I’ll just stack the 5 vials and 25k visions.
Really bummed that we’re all effected by this bug.

My question for this fix is… what do we do so Blizzard knows we’ve been effected? Is it ALL character transfers being bugged? Should we open a ticket asking for the fix? Will it be automatic?

Keep running your visions. The blues have let us know that if you’re affected, you can still spend your Mementos safely, and that will be taken into consideration in the final fix.

1 Like

Thanks for all of the communication. Really makes a huge difference not feeling left in the dark!

Just posting that I am also affected by this bug. Lost 2 out of the Singular Sanitation Expertise, but still shows that I have Emergency Cranial Defibrillation. Took a screenshot before spending Mementos just in case.

Yup, it’ll be automatic! No need to submit a ticket for this one. We can pull records of everyone who performed character services during the impacted timeframe, and verifying the bug per-user can be done automatically. We can pull an exact list and heal up the characters impacted from there. :slight_smile:

Tuesday update - Code Review is complete and QA is working their magic to ensure this fix won’t impact anything else. I’m still checking the pulse on this one daily for everyone, and will be back with another update as soon as I get word of any news.

Edit: Y’all really let me leave Tuesday update here all day. It’s Wednesday. Whoops. >.>

8 Likes