Titanic Research Archive missing ranks after Faction Change

I faction changed from Alliance to Horde and now have only one rank instead of three in Singular Sanitation Expertise. I still have the point in Emergency Cranial of Defibrillation.

This is the character with the issue.

Please submit a ticket, Missnicelady. I don’t believe we have a resolution, but it is an issue that we are tracking and a Game Master will be able to add your information to their report.

2 Likes

Heard, thank you.

2 Likes

I’m having this issue as well :frowning: I had 3/3 ranks earned and I faction changed and I’m back to 1. I just got the achievement today for earning 1000 mementos, but I only have 100 mementos and 1/3 ranks researched. So where are my missing ranks and mementos? :frowning:

We do have a bug in for this one now, however it doesn’t look like we’ve baked a fix or shipped a hotfix for it yet. While I don’t have a solid answer, I wanted to let you know it is being looked into. Thanks for hanging in there while we get this one sorted!

Edit note: updated the title on this thread to call out the Faction Change. The character service is what’s causing this, so I want to try and segment it out from any reports where a character service isn’t involved.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update Glaxigrav. I’m stuck in a weird spot because it’s not a trivial amount of research/mementos that are missing. Should I hold off on spending/researching anymore until a bug fix comes in? Not sure how a big fix might correct the issue or how it would work. And where would I check for updates on this issue? Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s still too early in the fix cycle to give a good recommendation, unfortunately. Without knowing the technical steps required for how the bug will be addressed and how the heal-up might work, I wouldn’t want to give you bad advice. However as soon as we have more details I’ll pop them into this thread.

1 Like

i am also dealing with this situation on my rogue but i lost 4 points of research so im just holding my mementos praying that a fix comes in so i dont fall behind i was literally about to get my elite extermination on my next upgrade.

Morning update! The bug is still being addressed, but I did get word from our Dev Team that if you are impacted by this issue that you can spend your Corrupted Mementos.

4 Likes

so if we spend our current mementos to re-get the points that we lost are we getting a reimbursement on those mementos? realistically me and my group are just waiting to run later in hopes i get my points back

I lost mine via Realm Transfer (1/3 Singular had 3/3). @Nsom - in the same boat… do not want to run the vision without the benefit of research - should be further down the tree (banked 850+) thus far and afraid to just spend them. I would like to complete both bonuses with that benefit :wink: and get my 2 flesh pages - crossing fingers this will be fixed prior to next Tuesday…

Is there any update on this? WIll we be refunded the amount of mementos of the lost traits? Bit of a tough pill to swallow, to pay for a service, then get put backward lol

If there was any updates it would be in a hotfix on the main page or a blue wouldve posted here all we gota do is be patient.

Any updates on these issues today? My friends and I faction changed and ran into this issue, and we’re currently not able to spend our current mementos as previously suggested for fear that we’ll lose them again when we server transfer to join the guild we’ve been trialing with this week in heroic raid when they go to mythic next week and we need to be on the same server.

Hey all, wanted to check in again. I don’t have any new information regarding how the heal-up process will work, but our development team is still working on a fix. I re-confirmed with the team just a few minutes ago that Corrupted Mementos can still be spent to perform research and are being considered in the overall resolution of this bug.

I appreciate and thank everyone for hanging in there while we’ve been figuring this one out - it’s been a busy week for bug fixes and the team is working to squash all of the biggest ones as quickly as possible. Thanks for being patient while we haven’t had much to update with, but we’re still hard at work on this bug!

1 Like

Thank you for the update.

Same, I did a server transfer (same faction) a few days ago, and realized just now that I’m missing 2 points in Singular Sanitation, yet I still have 1 in Emergency Cranial.

Blue’s - I saw the replies here, and appreciate the updates. Can we get an idea of if we spend the mementos just to get our two points back, will be compensated? If we spend them now, and our tree’s are looked at later… won’t all seem fine? Which would not be the actual case, and forever behind (or for a while) roughly 2,000 Mementos? I feel dinged if I do, dinged if I don’t here.

I would assume there’s logging of what we do? This is why im sure the devs have said its fine to stick mementos back into the traits, because they’d still know to calculate the refund etc.

Memento Mori achievement tracks up to 10000 mementos. So, total is tracked…we would either need to be refunded back all mementos (bringing the titan research to 0) so we can re-spend or they will have to do some fancy math…

(Titan research spent - mementos achievement) - in currency = total refunded.