Ticket Response Time

Just trying to get an idea of how long tickets are taking to be looked at? It’s been well over 2 1/2 days. I just want to try and get some issues sorted out on my account and be back to playing the game. Also, live chat function doesn’t seem to work for me, ever. I’ve seen the button appear but always greyed out and unable to be clicked on. Any help?

mmmm usually its within 24 hours unless its something that had to be previously escalated. And it will also depend on the issue itself. Some things are an easy fix, some might have to wait for a bug fix before the GM’s can do something.
Whats the issue you are having? Live chat is only for billing issues really. Its often greyed out if they are getting high volume.

It has to do with an account closure due to botting/third party tools, which I use none of but I’ve read a lot that the autofollow WA tends to trip the ban detection? I’m unsure though, regardless. It’s not about the ticket itself, just trying to get an idea of how long I should be waiting… Have a guild waiting for me to get back into Sunwell and just wanted some kind of estimate.

It’s not just about the ticket time, it’s also about the appeal investigation too (fresh set of eyes looking over the evidence, something you don’t want to be done rushed).

4 Likes

Had also seen that another player that was banned for farming Mana Tombs on Twitter was able to have a live chat with a GM yesterday and his account was unbanned within 2 days. That’s why I’m curious.

Thing is - there is a separate team that handles account actions, and they’re not accessible via live chat. Live chat is available for certain things and if live chat is actually open too - but they are GM’s and generally it’s for billing/account issues and not for appeals.

I would take what was mentioned on Twitter with a grain of salt.

4 Likes

Screenshot was provided and everything, like the guy wasn’t lying. I’m just trying to get an idea of how Blizzard CS handles their stuff nowadays since I get conflicting information about whether they do live chat support now or not. Other posts I’ve read on this forum and on other forums leads me to believe that live chat will help more often than not resolve these issues.

As I mentioned. Live chat is a still around, but not for account action appeals.

As they can easily be edited, I’d still be wary.

2 Likes

I’m incredibly skeptical about how the guy would go from posting a paragraph on getting banned, into immediately begging Blizz CS for help, into a live chat screenshot, into his unban would be edited/fake/lied about. Bit cynical. I’d link his twitter if I could, but assuming it is all real, does this just mean he used the live chat function for an unintended purpose or what?

That doesn’t look to be the case, Smally. You entered your ticket 1 day, 21 hours and 16 minutes ago.

Current response times are a bit over 2 days at the moment though, so you have a little bit to go.

6 Likes

For account closure/appeals thats not handled by live chat or the customer service team in general, thats handled by a completely different team that deal just with account penalties. Those times can be longer than a usual ticket.

3 Likes

We do not use Live Chat for appeals, we never have. The appeal process is the same as it always has been.

I’m afraid whatever you may have read is a bit misleading.

4 Likes

Thank you for the response.

Currently on my page it shows that my ticket was put in 2 days ago, last update 2 hours ago. The ban was issued on Thursday around 11pm. So my apologies for saying 2 1/2 days. The estimated queue time also had told me 24h, which is another reason why I was confused.

I think it’s rounding up to the nearest 24 hour mark. Hopefully, it won’t be too much longer and we’ll be able to look into the original action and see what’s up.

Good luck, Smally.

2 Likes

Thank you for the response. I appreciate having some kind of interaction with Blizzard since this whole thing has been a bit sad for me. Returning to TBC I wasn’t really expecting to be greeted back with a ban in preparation for Wrath, LOL.

Serious question though, is there an official stance on whether the autofollow weak aura is bannable? I haven’t been able to see any 100% confirmation on it. I want to know so I can get rid of it if I do get my account back. I’ve just seen “if Blizzard allows it through their API then it’s fine”.

I can’t provide an official approval or disapproval of a specific addon or method of play.

I can say, addons tend to work within our permitted systems and in most cases, if our Developers have an issue with them, they tend to focus on blocking them from working.

Yes, that is how that tends to work, as noted above.

Additionally, using the /follow command wouldn’t go against policy, it’s an in-game mechanic. Unless you were somehow exploiting something, which I’m not sure how /follow could be, it shouldn’t be an issue.

3 Likes

Understood, thank you again for your reply and hopefully I can get this issue sorted out. I really just wanna get back to playing so I can prep for Wrath.

Thanks again, Vrakthris. Have a great day/night!

is my ticket really going to take over 30 days? it has been like 6 days and it still says 29 days.

That’s the displayed time for the average longest ticket in queue and not your personal ticket time, yours may be answered faster. Currently it’s about over 10+ days though.

3 Likes

I’m at 3 weeks on one ticket currently(as in I put it in 3 weeks ago, not one response)