Thnx for new Chosen Identity racial

Worgen should definitely get the Chosen Form racial too. All it does is swap you back to visage form automatically after combat. I know a lot of Worgen players who would love that feature.

3 Likes

You ignored the other two points though, that there are Worgen/Void Elves whom can and do control when and where these visual elements occur. Letting players immerse themselves as races which exist in the faction is a bonus to it.

There’s no reason not to allow both races the same freedom of choice given to Dracthyr.

1 Like

Very nice change. Now we just need a Beefy Boi drakonid option and we’re in business.

This is expressed, mechanically, as how they present themselves when out of combat. Both have the “inner turmoil” fantasy baked into the race concept, and that is expressed mechanically by in-combat transformation.

Dracthyr is also forced to transform into their draconic form when in combat. Just as Worgen should be with Two Forms, reverting when combat ends. Just as Void Elves transform when a stressor exists (ie. combat) that causes them to dip into and express their racial fantasy.

I feel you on wanting playable High Elves. But they aren’t Void Elves. Yes, it was a monkey’s paw situation for the High Elf requesters. But haven’t Void Elves been neutered enough? At the end of the day, even with no tendrils and natural skin and hair colours… they’re still Void Elves. That needs to be expressed.

Just as Worgen still unleash the beast when they enter combat.

And just as Dracthyr transform into their draconic form when doing dragon things.

If they’re doing this there is really no reason IMO not to give us worgen folks the same option to automatically revert back to human form when combat ends. We have the button to do it, it’s not like it’s outside of possibility, just let us have this QoL feature to stop having to mash an extra button constantly over a strictly aesthetic thing.

4 Likes

Yep. Especially annoying as my Druid. One more thing to click, even when just flying around cities.

2 Likes

Cool, they need to pass that on to worgen too.

Ppl liked swapping from forms in and out of combat, and prefer the human form too ya know.

3 Likes

The “beast within” fantasy doesn’t pop when the beast is always on the outside.

3 Likes

I would totally go for a cool Gorilla mount. Heck they can even use a scaled down Yeti/Gronn rigging for it to save programming time. Armored Gorilla mounts Blizz!

Except, as has been noted, we’ve seen Worgen/Void Elves also control when these occur while in-combat. In other words, this forced change is only applied to the player character.

No, only when using certain Evoker Skills or the Soar racial. I imagine once other classes are unlocked for them, they could remain in Visage form indefinitely on those classes, since they’re unlikely to have any skills requiring the draconic form.

Still ignoring the fact that we’ve seen Void Elves choosing when to use Entropic Embrace. The fact that it can allow those who want to play High Elves more freedom to that end, is not neutering Void Elves, when all this is doing is giving Void Elves more visual control/mastery over the Void (which is their racial plotline, that they’re mastering the Void).

1 Like

Lore characters do things players can’t. We’re rank and file representatives of our races.

My understanding is that once you use one of those “forced transformation” abilties, you’re a Dracthyr in dragon form until combat ends.

I’m not ignoring that at all. I’m just saying that this isn’t represented by the player, and not should it be. Void Elves are not High Elves. They’ve already been contorted enough to swing toward High Elves, but you would strip them of the last vestige of their identity as Void Elves. Let’s face it - many do not wish to “master the void.” They wish to ignore that aspect entirely in favour of the High Elf fantasy.

I 100% think that High Elves should be an option for both Horde and Alliance. But forcing either to be functionally High Elves is not the solution.

From what I understand, you change back as soon as the animation is over, while still in combat.

Why not? The player-character is the Commander of the Garrison, the Leader of their Class Order, the Champion of Azeroth, the Maw-Walker, etc… We’re on par with the lore characters at this point.

I’m sorry you feel that the Void Elf racial storyline is about not being able to control the void at all, when it was sold to us as them controlling the Void?

Not sure I understand what you’re trying to say here. A toggle means Void Elf players can still choose to have the visual proc uncontrollably if they so want so… they’re not being stripped of any identity at all here. In fact, their identity is being expanded to include those with enough mastery to decide when and where they’re empowered by the Void.

1 Like

Yeah, the next move is definitely to reduce the cooldown of Soaring. 5 mins is too much.

4 Likes

“Activate to automatically assume your Visage when you leave combat or after Soaring.”

Blizzard specified “When combat ends”. Almost every ability makes you a dragon. Having you blip in and out constantly would be weird.

1 Like
1 Like

Great job, Blizz! Now give these same toggle functionality to Worgen’s “Two Forms” ability!

1 Like

So far the only thing the alpha has done to back this up is allow you to cast living flame, landslide, emerald blossom, and firestorm in visage form.

The only thing on this list you really spend any amount of time casting is Living flame, and that is mostly with the red build, but for the most part you’re casting the abilities that require dragon form.

Azure strike, deep breath, fire breath, eternity surge, concentrated blast, disintegration, pyre, and hover each require dragon form. You spend a lot of time casting these spells.

I initially assumed that only breath attacks would swap you over and having you blip in and out would be more feasible. But it isn’t, not unless blizzard goes out of their way to make more combat animations for the visage to cast these abilities.

And i just don’t find that to be very likely, knowing blizz for as long as i have.

1 Like

That’s an old link. We referenced the actual note for the change.

Also, let’s get some support for this thread:

1 Like