This Queue Time is Pathetic Blizz

Okay. Which one of you numnuts flagged my post?

I’ve been there since classic launch. So I’m not dog piling anywhere. It’s pathetic af to have to relearn the same lesson over and over as a company.

Perhaps they should not be so cheap when it comes to keeping this classic venture running.

We have had queues since the beginning because bliz can’t monitor server balance and do more than a baindaid fix for the sake of profits.

2 Likes

Kotick needs another yacht before he totally cashes out.

Every expansion has had this. Why are you acting surprised.
There are TECHNICAL limits, even with layering.

1 Like

queue time this weekend even worse.

1 Like

Technical limits that have been solved 10 years ago by other companies.

6 Likes

im sure the 400 daily posts crying about sever que is helping too huh

Labor day is this Monday btw.

Hes just living rent free in your head. He went away. But not in your head.

What other companies?

1 Like

Literally any other companies that have online services.
Amazon, Epic, literally anyone that uses a third party online services. Even indie developers would use those solutions.

2 Likes

Well, let’s compare MMOs to MMOs please. Not apples to oranges. So again, which MMORPG has solved the technical limits?

2 Likes

Are you seriously going to be this pedantic? You think an MMORPG works in such a different way that it would need a completely different solution that games like LoL or literally any software based online services uses?

1 Like

Is this you conceding you’re not well-versed in what you’re talking about?

Yeah, I do. Just because you ignore nuance doesn’t mean the rest of us do.

1 Like

Do you need me to write you a novel about networking? I’m not here to teach you software engineering or how to use Kubernetes.

There is no nuance, MMORPGs don’t use apples to other online services oranges, they all use the same architecture. Them having to code their game to not have spaghetti netcode with an exponential big O is on them.

They have the money to update their code if it’s an issue, they have the money to scale their servers. It’s that simple.

And if it was their spaghetti netcode, they’d just add more layers, unless their layer code is also spaghetti, which let’s be honest it probably is, then Occam’s Razor says it’s greed.

2 Likes

No, I need you to tell us and Blizzard how to fix their “technical limitation” problems. They’ve been on record, quite frequently now, that they use the best servers available. So please, tell us, what do you know that the triple A billion dollar company doesn’t know?

What other games have fixed this “technical limitation”? League is just about one of the worst examples you can think of considering how much people complain about their servers and code. So please, try again?

League doesn’t have 3 hours queues and the people who complain about League’s servers almost exclusively have a problem on their side.

I already told you how they can fix it.
Use modern scaling tech if they aren’t already.
Spend money on updating their trash netcode if that’s where the issue stems.
Or, which is the most likely reason here let’s be honest, stop artificially capping their servers and pretending like they can’t have more players in just to save a few bucks on hardware.

1 Like

Right, so you have no idea why queues exist, do you?

Citation needed.

Keyphrase, if they aren’t already, because you have no idea what scaling tech they use.

Keyword being if, because again, you have no idea.

How should they update their hardware? What are they currently using and what should they use instead?

Yes, if, because it’s either 1, 2 or 3, it can’t really be anything else unless they somehow managed to run their game servers on moon dust.

Me not knowing which one it is between 1, 2 and 3 doesn’t change the fact that it’s 1, 2 or 3. There isn’t 100 ways to skin an Elwynn forest boar. They don’t magically use different tech than the tech I literally work on as a day job in 3A gaming online services.

They should just have servers faction lock 5k from the beginning.

Both parties are responsible for what happening now.

1 Like