These CC posts needs more Recognition

The experience in leveling dungeons is painful especially in forgotten about/bugged content.

Please Blizzard, get some QA hired and fix your game.

2 Likes

Does anyone care about lowbie/leveling dungeons?

I get the part about the game being full of bugs/devs slacking, but I doubt very many players care about lowbie dungeons (other than to speed-rush thru them on the way to max level)

I care, like Linda Kelsey from the old Lou Grant show.

(That’s a lot, for the uninitiated.)

Yes, if the complaints are to be believed. I don’t find them much fun as some treat them as some perfunctory zerg that must be endured. That’s not fun game design.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem that way. Which means they do not care about new players. Which means no growth.

They are only fixing issues in the latest content while the entirety of the game is going to crap.

How are they speed running them when the bosses take 2-3 mins to kill and it’s hit or miss if they are going to 1 shot you with some bugged ability scaling?

I think new players care. When you play for a while you realize that activity happens in end-game content, but when you start playing and play through everything for the first time, it’s just an RPG that feels a lot like a single player RPG for the most part. Just chill exploration and questing.

maybe this explains the constant wipes in RFC last night.

I think we had a level 50+ tank in Chromie time
and a low level healer. Things were jacked damage wise. And the healer could not heal the damage was so extreme. The giant fire worm was hell. Took forever to kill.

You’ve posted a few times about bugs, etc. and while I get (but may not always agree) with game upkeep, there is also an economic triangle they’re fighting. The game is aging and the subscriber base isn’t what it used to be. This leads to less money for development and problem solving because that last person they will disappoint is the ATVI investor, game(s) be damned.

Hmmmm, must be a recent/post-Dragonflight problem with the scaling then. Been a while since I leveled up a “fresh” lowbie toon (starts at 1 or 10), and an even longer time since I ran a lowbie/leveling dungeon.

Lowbie dungeons aren’t even fast for XP efficiency/leveling purposes, last couple lowbie “fresh” alts I just leveled via questing (faster/more efficient)

From what I remember, most players just speed-spam/speed-rush thru them, sometimes even pulling trash packs “into” the bosses. Really seems like trivial content judging by how quick they went… seemed to average less than < 15 minutes/per run in the typical speed-rush runs :man_shrugging:

I’m going to keep posting because I love this game and I don’t want to quit.

This has been an issue since level squish.

Sounds fun, look forward to the next one.

I’m pretty sure we are getting undocumented world quest fixes (or else I’ve been very lucky lately - which I suppose is possible)

This post has nothing to do with World Quests but that is good to hear I guess? DF is what like 10 GB of this game if that?

At this point to just give us a latest expansion content only client so the other abandoned bugged content doesn’t take up space.

You second link is literally a list that includes WQ bugs.

Semantics issue.

A QA dept (or any lack of) isnt why these bugs still exist.

But yeah, scaling has some funky effects on leveling dungeons that needs to be looked at.

Ah okay, you’re right. My focus was more on older content not WQ. But it is just as important.

Yeah, its rough. I’ve always known WoW to be the MMO, things are polished, client works well, things are reactive. Combat is smooth and well done.

Slowly watching all that Quality over the years turn into bloated junk.

False. Just because Blizzard doesn’t go back and look at ancient content doesn’t mean they don’t care about new players. In fact, they objectively do since new players are literally forced to stick to a modern expansion leveling path and can’t even access Chromie time until they have a 50 or 60…in which case the argument can be made they aren’t “new” anymore and/or always has questing to level with (which is better than dungeons for all but the really old expansions).

Dungeons being zerged down is 100% Blizzard fault for making them toothless. People speed run them because we can. You, as the freshie, can stop and smell the roses and explore to your heart’s content all you want…after I’ve got my XP and can drop and move on to the next one (not that I actually have lowbies to level anymore).

You are wrong. This is an RPG. If you are going to have a large world. A new player is going to want to see it all - why would it not matter to them?

As a matter of fact, I hear more new players mad about being forced into BFA and not being able to start with the expansion they want or the earliest in the timeline to enjoy.

This is also a problem, why? Why can’t they choose to start a main new character, and be cut off from a feature like this not able to do the quests scaled, without one shotting?

Can they? With bugged scaled abilities wiping the group?

They really don’t.

Why should we pay attention to them? Blizz never will.

I mean. I hear what you are saying but WoW doesnt have a history of always being polished. Its always been funky at times.

I was more commenting on that all a QA Dept does in this regard is find the bugs, and report them.