These CC posts needs more Recognition

I am many things. Wrong is next to never one of them.

I don’t care what a little freshie thinks when it comes to starting in BfA or not. The fact remains it functionally and objectively works. They have a scaled world with a good quest flow to it. They’re a freshie and don’t know what they don’t know anyway. They can always go back once leveled and go plow through old content for story/mobs/achivements or what have you.

Blizzard had their chance and opted not to do the superior leveling method…the main story quest from FFXIV. Blizzard themselves sees leveling as a minor chore hence the umpteen bajillion ways to speed it up and othewise make it little more than a formality at most.

Chromie time, like other things, is a perk “experienced/veteran” (joke of a term that is) earn. No different than other games making you play through story mode first and then opening up new game+ for subsequent playthroughs.

To be pedantic though, technically speaking, you can actually level “the old way”. You’re just going to have to know all the expansion cutoff points and seek out the breadcrumbs and make the trek to and from yourself though. A true freshie would have no idea how to do any of that and instead would be much better suited to just go to BfA and play through it like Blizzard intends.

And yes. I’ve leveled in every chromie expansion. No dungeon was horribly broken and “wiped the group”. Worst was probably Blackrock Caverns in Cata and the 1st boss who grips you to him, chains you, and then does a massive windup that 1 shots if you dont break the chains and runs…but the mechanic takes forever to actually go off and you deserve your death if you screw it up…still is comical though seeing people who clearly don’t play with namebars on die to it.

Adventuring to an area not in Chromie time beyond your level should slap you down. After all, you classic andys had that same experience in Vanilla after all…but with how quick it is to actually level, this can never actually happen unless you are going far beyond the bounds and trying to make it happen.

Stopped reading here. And muted.

Take care.