The Unofficial Stonemaul Ogre Playable Race Discussion Megathread!

We nearly in the same guild!!, but also just mentioning will faction and race change to Ogres in a heart beat!

5 Likes

Has anyone else had any trouble trying to get Kovork Kostume?

I made a bug report collecting various reports Iā€™ve seen:

Since making the thread Iā€™ve done another round on all of my characters and still have nothing to show for it. If it was just rare, you shouldnā€™t really have multiple reports of people getting it all the time. If it was fairly common, you shouldnā€™t really have multiple reports of people not getting it after months on several characters. Random is random, but that sort of variance still shouldnā€™t be happening unless something was wrong.

Itā€™s a shame because while I donā€™t consider it a replacement for playable ogres by any means, I think it would be fun to play around with.

1 Like

I checked out Wowhead comments on the toy, and it sounds like the drop rate got reduced somehow:

Not sure if it is a bug or intentional. I remember killing him close to when the content was new and got the toy easily. Not sure why the drop rate would be changed after the fact, but I hope it gets fixed and youā€™ll be able to get it ASAP.

Dream big, Ogre fans! :japanese_ogre:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I canā€™t seem to get it noticed. I honestly didnā€™t even have that many data points, but it was hard when the issue is only brought up every once and awhile and only gets maybe one or two responses, but all of them were long enough ago I felt it was better to make my own thread collecting them than bumping something old. Iā€™ve reported it in a couple of other ways as well, but nothing yet. Although one of those threads mentioned a GM response where they said theyā€™ve never heard any issues about it, which only sort of proves a lack of awareness of these posts.

Iā€™ll admit, there are a lot more important things for the devs to worry about right now, but a bug is still a bug and this one means something to me.

Although if it isnā€™t a bug, Iā€™d like to know that as well, if anyone knows.

I was not around when the content was new, unfortunately, if that made a difference. However, by the time I got to it, every other ogre toy like that belching one or the Molok Morion was still easy to get, so I donā€™t see why theyā€™d single this one out on purpose. In fact I was really proud of having collected those ogre toys, and it wasnā€™t until much later than that I ran into someone using the Kovork Kostume and made me go ā€œwhere is that from?ā€ Only to learn it was supposed to be mostly guaranteed from a boss I knew I had killed while getting the other toys.

Of course, Iā€™d take normally playable ogres as an apology for this being broken. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I think this would be the best thing they could do. No need for toys or glyphs to become an Ogre any more! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

You mean something like this?

https://i.ibb.co/3442C6d/subrace-customization-mockup-wildhammer.jpg

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/sub-race-names-templates-tied-to-the-new-customization-options/151465/1

I would love it!

Edit: Iā€™m also pro Ogres as playable race!

1 Like

it better not be horde only. horde has enough ppl as it is :wink:

Ogres should definitely be only Horde.

Be very weird for a Horde race that is already a part of the Horde to randomly join the Alliance.

5 Likes

then i dont think its a good idea, for obvious reasons.

-.-

What obvious reasons?

I mean no hostility in this question butā€¦

Why do you think ogres would join the Alliance? Or why should they?

4 Likes

horde already outnumbers alliance by a lot. is it not obvious?

starting to think youā€™re messing with me lol

canā€™t bring the coolest race to the faction that already grossly outnumbers the other. unless you got an equally cool idea for an alliance race i guess.

Only in endgame is the Alliance outnumberedā€¦ And mostly only in rated pvp/raiding/M+ā€¦

No its not obvious as thatā€™s not, in my opinion, a valid reason to disregard lore when adding a long time Horde race to the game.

3 Likes

wouldnt be too far fetched for them to be alliance.

from wowwikifandom
" Once slaves of the [Horde] it could be assumed that modern world, ā€˜Free Ogresā€™, under the leadership of [Rexxar], would like to exact revenge upon their once oppressors. The effective way of acting upon their detest for The Horde would be to ally with The Alliance. This theory helped to support the Ogre Rumour."

anyways, if the cool ogres end up horde only ; alliance needs an equally cool race.

Rexxar is Horde.

Heā€™s been the champion of the Horde since TFTā€¦

3 Likes

Oh, I absolutely need that idea to be implemented. Ogres might be able to use it, perhaps if they came with some customization options to look like the Burning Crusade era missing link Ogre Lords? Even if ogres doesnā€™t make particular use out of it, though, it needs to be added in general and Iā€™ve tried to bring more awareness to it myself.

As for Alliance ogres, itā€™s actually not that much of a stretch. If you look at ogre history, theyā€™ve arguably had worse experiences with the orcs/Horde than the Alliance. The ogres abused the orcs early on, and it would come back to bite them hard later. The ogres created the red pox and in return the orcs had the elements wipe out Goria. Then, in either timeline, its the orcsā€™ fault that there isnā€™t an ogre empire anymore.

The ogres should hate the orcs more than anyone (even if they provoked it). However, this is one place that even a stickler for the lore like myself wouldnā€™t mind a little looking in the other direction.

Anyway, I think it would be best if the ogres not only acknowledged the modern Horde as being different from the one they warred with, but also if the playable ogres were a slightly different brand of ogre. I wouldnā€™t want to soften the races, but I also donā€™t think we want a bunch of dangerously selfish, slave-making tyrants to be playable (especially not as long as both playable factions are supposed to be good guys).

The population question is another thing entirely. Ogres may be a popular choice, but the Alliance has popular choices as well. The controversy with Alliance races is that the popular choice is historically overlooked in favor of something invented on the spot. If the Alliance actually got one of their popular choices the celebration might overshadow ogres.

1 Like

For Ogres you could make 2 headed Ogres (yeah they are the same), Magā€™har or even your idea yes.

Iā€™m happy people like it.
Iā€™m note sure, but such a System could allow for more options.

Hmm, something about all this sounds very familiar. Something aboutā€¦elvesā€¦and a huge amount of people on Allianceā€¦probably just my mind playing tricks on me or something. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I have to respectfully disagree. Ogres are a Horde race to me, and only one clan, to my knowledge, has ever been enslaved and treated badly by the Horde. Those Ogres were pretty much bad guys and had it coming, however.

As for Rexxar, both he and the Stonemaul were instrumental to the Hordeā€™s survival back in Warcraft III, with both of them also very much loyal to the Horde. I donā€™t see either of them turning on them at all, especially considering Rexxar kinda wants Jaina killed.

That said, I do very much support the idea of Alliance getting cool races. There are plenty that could work really well that would add some much needed flavor to their roster.

Alliance Ogres, while I would be happy to have playable Ogres, would disappoint me personally. This is personal preference, of course, but I honestly feel that the Horde is the perfect place for them. Especially when it comes to the Stonemaul Clan in particular.

7 Likes

I believe I had an idea for a playable ogre story once where it partially revolved around the ogres finally learning a lesson from their history as a tyrannical empire and join the Horde partially as a show of humility, that they finally recognize the strengths of what they had previously considered ā€œlesser racesā€. I wouldnā€™t want such a plot to overshadow the ogre gimmick of being the big ā€œdumbā€ muscle, but I think it would be a logical way to address their past in a way that still feels like a natural consequence of their obsession with strength.

4 Likes

It sounds good, but Stonemaul are already within the horde no?, like literally everything is done for them to be playable, all we need is for Blizzard to just allow us to play as them :sob::sob:

5 Likes

Yeah, but any such introduction to being playable, even as an Allied Race, would tell some sort of story about their role in the faction, even if itā€™s just that quick questline and nothing much in the rest of the expansion. Right now one of the things I lament about Horde ogres in particular (as we had a bit of a discussion on earlier) is that they donā€™t really have any characterization. Theyā€™re just there.

1 Like