The Unofficial Stonemaul Ogre Playable Race Discussion Megathread!

We might get a chance as blizz rn isnt trying to please china with cute things

1 Like

This is very true. When it comes to impossibility races I think of four legged races like Centaur and Dryads. While on the other hand Ogres are an option, though I strongly suspect that we would get one headed playable Ogres since it would be easier over the logistics of two headed playable Ogres.

4 Likes

Realistically, I could see Ogres with one head at the beginning with the promise of adding in two head customization in the future, though being in at the beginning isnā€™t an impossibility.

Ideally, yes, two head customization would be good to have with playable Ogres at release. Both to please players and for marketing purposes. Itā€™s something people would expect with playable Ogres.

However, I can only assume how complicated it would be to have two head customization and time would be needed in order to get it right as opposed to hastily put together with limited resources. Especially since I would think that most Ogre players would want their Ogres to have two heads.

I can see Blizzard holding off at the beginning to save resources and especially because Ogres would be paired with a new playable race on the Alliance, since I really canā€™t see Ogres being neutral and having Alliance Ogres at all.

Of course, it could still be something at launch. Or if it comes later, it could be a quest that you unlock that goes into the lore of how two-headed Ogres are a thing. Hard to really know what direction Blizzard would go with it, assuming it would be possible to have two head customization in WoWā€™s engine.

Best case scenario is that two head customization would be there at the beginning. It would please people the most as opposed to having to wait until an unspecified time to get two head customization for their Ogre characters, especially given how often I see people wanting that.

Ultimately, I hope with playable Horde Ogres, everyone gets the chance to make the Ogre characters of their dreams as soon as they would become playable.

-Dream big, Ogre fans! :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

6 Likes

The hope is alive and well.

They have an entire rig with the Kulā€™tirans they can craft into playable Ogres.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been toying with a rough draft of an updated class section of the megathread, seeing as all playable races will likely be almost all classes in the future. One of the classes for Ogres I need input on would be the Druid forms for Ogre Druids.

At the time of this post, it seems like Druids would be one of the last classes opened up to all races. Thus the consideration of Ogre Druid forms.

For reference, the list of general Druid forms are below:

1. Aquatic

2. Bear

3. Cat

4. Moonkin

5. Travel (Ground)

6. Travel (Flying)

If I forgot a form, please feel free to mention it.

Anyway, I wanted to ask if anyone had any ideas for each form for Ogre Druids. Honestly, Iā€™m having a bit of trouble trying to imagine most of them, especially for something like Moonkin form that would be fairly unique compared to something like a cat or bear.

And with regards to one and two head customization, I could see Blizzard just going the route of Druid forms having only one head, cool as having druid forms having two heads as an option is. I imagine that would be a lot of extra work that might not be realistic, unfortunately.

So if anyone has any ideas or suggestions for Ogre Druid forms, please feel free to suggest. Iā€™ll be pondering on it some as well.

5 Likes

It seems to miss the Tree of Life Form.

• Aquatic: Big Frenzy

Imgur

• Bear: Bear

• Cat: Grovestalker Lynx

Imgur

• Moonkin: Light brown Moonkin

• Tree of Life Form: Tree of Life light brown

• Travel (Ground): Lost Torranche (Tallstrider)

Imgur

• Travel (Flying): Teroclaw

Imgur

I tried to keep some species from Outland and Draenor (Frenzy, Lynx, Tallstrider and Teroclaw) because Ogres come from Outland.

I tried to avoid the species I put in the Broken thread and the Mokā€™Nathal thread.

I tried to put some species who could work with Ogres as druid.

4 Likes

Augustā€™s Trading Post items have been officially announced:

The reward for doing enough of the Travelerā€™s Log tasks is a Blood Troll transmog set:

Quite a few tempting items there I noticed, and I feel like that Blood Troll transmog set could look really good on female Ogres also. Nothing Ogre related this month, unfortunately, but given that we still have two other Ogre children models, itā€™s possible they could wind up on there someday.

Iā€™ll continue to keep an eye out on each monthā€™s Trading Post items in case anything Ogre related pops up.

3 Likes

Wow! I didnā€™t realize some of those were in outland. I was at a loss for swim form. I feel like flight form should be a rylak, though.

5 Likes

You know I cant help but wonder if Ogres and Orcs would share druid forms but have aspects that seperate them. Like how tauren bears have horns and troll bears have tusks.

4 Likes

I could see several Ogre Druid forms being from Draenor, and if Orc Druids become a thing, I I could see Druid forms being shared or being somewhat similar, given that Ogres are the progenitors of Orcs.

Rylaks as a flight form could work well, especially since theyā€™re usually with two heads. I donā€™t know if natural one head Rylaks exist, but if somehow Ogre Druids have two forms to account for two heads, it is definitely an option.

As for the Tree form, I completely forgot about it. I was under the impression they were roughly the same model across all races. Iā€™ll have to look into that to see what differences there are.

Speaking of animals, I did buy the clefthoof mount from the trading post:

I thought about if that would work as the Ogre racial mount, since it is big and imposing, as well as being from Draenor. I still feel like Draenor boars might be more likely, but it is an option I thought Iā€™d mentioned. Not sure if clefthoofs would work for any Druid forms either.

And on the subject of the Trading Post, after months of having no problems, I have been hit with the Tender Gremlin. I started with I think 75 tenders, and when I did all the tasks and got the Blood Troll ensemble unlocked, I ended up with 1,275 instead of 1,475. I bought a couple of items totallinh 1,250 and only have 25 tenders. And no, I didnā€™t buy the corsage pack.

I submitted a bug report in-game, but I donā€™t know what else to do to report it. Anyone have experiences with missing tenders and if so, what did you do to get it resolved? Waiting a bit to see if it resolves itself at the moment.

5 Likes

I did and it didnt get resolved. I reported but lost out on the Tendor. I think it was the 2nd or 3rd month if it being up.

3 Likes

Ogres having clefthoof mounts would be fantastic.

3 Likes

It sounds like dragon flying in Kalimdor is coming, which means weā€™d likely fly over Dustwallow Marsh. Iā€™m sure the Ogres there will look up and be sad that they canā€™t participate. Since happy Ogres are better than sad ones, lets help them out by submitting in-game suggestions of them and other races we want to see be playable!

With the beginning of each month, I make in-game suggestions for each race I want to see playable along with a mention of their respective megathreads on these forums. While it is far from a guarantee of seeing our dreams come true, I do think every little bit helps, and doing it monthly I feel is reasonable and not that intrusive or annoying.

If youā€™re interested in doing the same for races you want to see playable, I made a little guide on how to do so in-game here:

Playable Horde Ogres means happy Horde Ogres, which means happy players. Everyone wins!

3 Likes

they can make Pink ogres for the horde and blue ones for alliance

2 Likes

Gonna post this in both my megathreads since itā€™s kinda related to both and I realize Iā€™m a bit late on actually hearing about this news. :turtle:

Looks like all of Blizzcon this year will be streamed live for free:

Which is pretty good, since I prefer watching stuff from the comforts of my own home. Not to mention the time and cost of getting to and back to there, let alone attending the event itself. Not really sure what all Iā€™d even do there if I attended to be honest.

We still have a bit of time before it starts on November 3rd, though I do feel like a new WoW expansion announcement could happen. Moreso since FFXIV announced their new expansion recently, which comes out mid 2024 if I understand it correctly. Of course, we still have Dragonflight stuff to go through, so who knows?

Weā€™ll see what happens when it happens, I guess. Iā€™ll likely go over covering plans again and more speculation as we get closer. Keeping an open mind for whatever gets announced of course, but Iā€™ll always keep my fingers crossed for anything leading to playable Horde Ogres. :crossed_fingers:

87 days from this post until Blizzcon (Nov 3rd)!

7 Likes

ogre pally when

7 Likes

Mokā€™nathal or Ogres when?

8 Likes

Hopefully within the year.

6 Likes

An expansion about the Light and Yrel with her Lightbound coming on Azeroth could be a great opportunity to get Ogre as playable race with the paladin class for them.

6 Likes