The Unofficial Stonemaul Ogre Playable Race Discussion Megathread!

I have to admit that I’m torn. The first one feels more classic, but the second armor is really cool. Not a fan of the completely covered helm in the second, so that would be transmogged into something else if that became the Ogre heritage armor. Though Blizzard could always make a blend of the two, where the armors are merged together… Like the aesthetics and style of the second armor with the addition of aspects of the first, such as the helm and a proper chest guard.

3 Likes

i thought up a silly meme for an ogre lets say your ogre OC is looking in a general direction lets say your looking at someone elses OC you’d need to state why he’s looking at you and for what given reason, the mood , the facial expression and why he even has interest in it

1 Like

Anyone who thinks Ogres can’t be Rogues should talk to the Ogre Ninja!

お腹が空きました!

4 Likes

7 Likes

this’ll be the set i use on my ogre warrior i might change the helm but i know for a fact i’m using this set

5 Likes

I actually don’t have a transmog set in mind to use for my Ogre Warrior if they ever become playable. It’ll likely be something I’ll need to play around with and see what goes with what, as well as whatever the heritage armor would look like.

Though come to think of it, plate classes are one of my least played type of class, so I should go on a plate transmog collecting hunt for that sometime with some of my plate wearing characters. That way, I’d have more choices in the future should we get playable Horde Ogres someday.

-Dream big, Ogre fans! :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

3 Likes

I want ogres but they need abit of a redesign like nightbourne had before they were playable.

2 Likes

It could work very well for an elite Ogre guard for an gorian emperor.

4 Likes

An Ogre wearing that would just be badass.

4 Likes

actually real question and all jokes aside can ogres wear boots? i’ve seen em wearing the highmaul gladiatorial sandals but i’ve never seen a like a full fledged boot made to fit their feet or is it gunna be like the trolls and a couple other races where its an ankleguard rather than a boot?

4 Likes

Crushridge and Gordunni Ogres can so the answer is probably yes, based on WoW merchandise and Dire Maul :slight_smile:

Gordunni Warlord

5 Likes

So awhile ago, I found a website with different articles that offers names for different NPC races, including Ogres. It has things like serious names, funny names, and even some characteristics of the race the article is about.

The thing is that there are some odd things about it. Names coming from the language of the NPC race when said NPC race doesn’t have any official language in-game or otherwise to my knowledge. And some things are wrong, like the Arakkoa web page saying they’re playable, which last I checked, are not unless I have some weird bugged game not having them show up.

I didn’t see too much out of place for Ogres, though I did quickly skim through it, but it does have some pretty neat names if anyone needs ideas for their Ogre characters if they ever become playable. If you’re interested in checking it out, the website is below:

Hopefully we’ll get playable Horde Ogres we can name someday!

4 Likes

I support this thread.

Ogres would be a great playable race for the Horde.

Idk why Blizzard has not added them yet.

7 Likes

Even if it can’t be relied on for anything, it might be good inspiration.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing, it was pretty neat to see.

4 Likes

this’ll be my ogre DK when the chance arrives generic looking black n blue frost dk i know

6 Likes

As much as i know we all want ogres might have to wake up and smell the roses, this entire thread is just a wishful pipedream if and when we get a new race it’ll never be ogres because its not appealing to the warcraft community fanbase as a whole love and respect for this thread man but just accept the fact its something you want not something blizzard needs

1 Like

We know for a fact from the cata alpha they were considered but scrapped we’ve never had a concrete player character model ingame because they never put enough effort into it, its easier to make cheap reskins and different skin textures and just outright call it a new race its one thing to use lore as a reason its never an excuse to not give an answer to an honest question but we’ll never know because if its not covered in fur or a knife eared magic addict, it’ll never see the light of day

1 Like

Falling into despair is never a fun thing.

While playable Horde Ogres are a bit of a pipedream, I would not say it would never happen. There is a decent demand for playable Horde Ogres that have lasted since the game has launched, along with some storylines that would work well with the Horde Ogre clans coming back into the picture.

Not to mention the big marketing potential that playable Horde Ogres would bring, especially if they get customization correct. Ogres finally playable? Two head options? Female Ogres? The size of the players models? A lot of that would generate a lot of marketing buzz, along with being huge news since playable Horde Ogres have been wanted for so long. Would there be Elf numbers of people playing Ogres? No, but making Ogres playable works as a long term investment and would attract players who would like something like that as a playable race.

Besides, we got the Dracthyr recently with a new class, so it isn’t like Blizzard isn’t willing to spend the resources to make complicated races. There are also some races that get made playable that don’t have a huge amount of players. I don’t see either of those points being a huge roadblock with Ogres, even though they would require a lot of work to make satisfactory with players.

Are playable Horde Ogres a guarantee? No, but it isn’t something I see as an impossibility. Yeah, they have things that make it hard to make them a playable race, but they also have a lot of things going for them. It wouldn’t be a complete waste to make them playable, and some people are going to grumble regardless of what becomes playable.

Yes, it is frustrating to see how ignored the Horde Ogre clans have been, but giving in to despair, especially when we haven’t seen the next expansion yet, isn’t really the best course of action and just seems a bit self destructive, in my opinion.

I’ve long held the idea that anything I do on here may not affect playable Horde Ogre chances. Still, I keep at it to have something to support them. I’m planning to keep at it while I keep playing the game, fully expecting it to be a marathon as opposed to a sprint.

If it never happens, it never happens. Still worth a try, in my opinion. Long as I keep playing the game, I’ll keep marching in support for playable Horde Ogres as best as I can.

6 Likes

You might be surprised how many people would play an Ogre (especially with a two-headed option) if given the chance and that Ogres get decent racials.

This DK would become an Ogre in a heartbeat.

4 Likes