The Unofficial Stonemaul Ogre Playable Race Discussion Megathread!

And since orcs and humans are their descendants, Blizzard could have fun with the tagline promoting them. Something like “Stand with those who came before” or some other variant.

4 Likes

Its all Ogre now.

5 Likes

A new month and no Ogres on the Horde side of that character creation screen yet means a new round of in-game race request suggestions!

With the beginning of each month, I make in-game suggestions for each race I want to see playable along with a mention of their respective megathreads on these forums. While it is far from a guarantee of seeing our dreams come true, I do think every little bit helps, and doing it monthly I feel is reasonable and not that intrusive or annoying.

If you’re interested in doing the same for races you want to see playable, I made a little guide on how to do so in-game here:

Gotta keep showing the playable Horde Ogre support as best as we can!

-Dream big, Ogre fans! :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

3 Likes

So Doronsmovies did a video today (see below) and in it he highlights how a video put out by Blizzard shows a list of the various playable race icons and with them are two icons… one looks like a Forest Troll and the other that either looks like an Ogre or Vrykul.

Now granted, the Dracthyr weren’t shown among the race icons for some strange reason so it’s not outright confirmed either way but I feel that a discussion at Blizzard is being had about adding more races. Though if Ogres and Forest Trolls are paired together, for some strange reason, I could see Blizzard giving Ogres to the Horde and the Forest Trolls to the Alliance so that just as both factions have elves, both factions could now have trolls. Though I would really prefer that both races are Horde and that the Alliance gets something else.

1 Like

Usually I’m very hesitant to believe anything from Doronsmovies, since they like making videos that seem more of the clickbait speculation variety of weird topics without any concrete evidence (Playable Dreadlords in Shadowlands? Seriously?). So I’m taking this video with a grain of…oh nuts to it, I’ll take it with a salt lick block. Moreso since I have yet to see any other internet personality talk about this “leak” anywhere so far.

So assuming this is something that was being worked on actual Blizzard development computers, I’m not really sure what the context of it is. Some comments on that video mention that those icons could just be placeholders for Dracthyr. Not sure when the video was recorded, if it was when Dracthyr were being worked on before Dragonflight or what, and given that all other races have a male and female icon, it could make some sense that they’re just random placeholders. So I can’t really say what the significance in any case, or really guess why there would be such icons of NPC races that are with playable race icons.

Humoring what we’re seeing, it looks like a male Vrykul in there with a full beard to me (as opposed to a Yeti like Doronsmovies has as a potential suggestion) next to a male Forest Troll. It doesn’t really look Ogre-like to me to suggest Ogres, unfortunately. There has been some Vrykul speculation and talks lately, so that could be a potential development thing…which of course depends on what the context of this workstation’s function is.

As for the Forest Troll, I really don’t see them as an Alliance race. Moreso when they’re one of the missing classic Warcraft Horde races and also when you have the Revantusk Tribe who would make a great Horde allied race, or possibly as a customization race if I were to guess on how Blizzard has been taking the “easy” route with them in general (for worse and…well, worse).

Anyway, as I said, take it with a huge grain of salt. Doronsmovies makes some very questionable “speculation” videos, and so far I haven’t seen anyone else on Youtube or otherwise talk about it currently. If I see several other people talking about it, something could be up, but for now, best to not get your hopes up that this will be anything substantial as a “leak”…at least for now.

4 Likes

I don’t think the Forest Trolls are knee to join the Alliance after the Years of War with them during the Second War, Third, and Fourth War. Plus they fit better with the Horde being tied with the Trolls.

5 Likes

I understand that and I’ve felt that way myself towards the guy. I guess the excitement at the idea of Blizzard moving forward with playable ogres got the best of me.

I firmly agree but with how the story has developed in certain ways (time traveling to an alternate past Draenor, Mists 2.0, Shadowlands) I am hesitant to believe anything would be a firm not happening at Blizzard. A feeling that did increase with the Darkfallen becoming a customization option, since it gave both sides undead elves to play and arose my curiosity if other races will find their way to the other side in some manner. Like either a group of Leaper Gnomes joining the Horde or a troll tribe throwing their lot in with the Alliance for one reason or another.

1 Like

It won’t happen, Forest trolls are aldeady in the Horde with the Revantusk. But Dark trolls could work if you really want that with some survivors of the Shadowtooth clan: the Shadowtooth clan joined the night elves, humans and orcs in their last stand against Archimonde and his soldiers of the Burning Legion at the Battle of Mount Hyjal (Eternity’s End and Twilight of the Gods, Warcraft 3)

For Ogres, we could get more of them coming from Draenor. I could easily see these Ogres join their brothers and sisters who are already in the Horde and the other Stonemaul Ogres to be protected when Yrel and the Lightbound will come on Azeroth.

3 Likes

Its not a matter of wanting Alliance trolls but merely the curiosity of it. And the idea that if for whatever reason if Blizzard paired Ogres and another troll race, I would prefer Ogres being the Horde race. Meanwhile that’s a good point about the Dark Trolls. While the Shadowtooth were destroyed, their could be other tribes we dont know about.

A return to AU Draenor with the promise of playable Ogres would be neat.

You know if the rumors of an old world revamp become true, I wonder if any Ogre encampments will be updated to the architecture they had on AU Draenor.

4 Likes

It’s easy to get excited. I mean, each time a new expansion gets announced, I keep hoping to see “New Playable Horde Race: Ogres” appear in that reveal somewhere. So don’t feel bad at all for that. :smiley:

It’s hard for me to imagine a return to AU Draenor, let alone it being viewed favorably from people. Unless they reused a lot of the areas from before, there could be other continents like the planned Ogre continent there from before at least, but who knows where the last bastion from the Lightbound would be there if we had to go back to take them on.

It is possible we could see playable Horde Ogres with a scenario, though if we ever deal with the Lightbound again, I imagined we could get Horde Saberon and Alliance Arakkoa. A lot really depends how they handle the Lightbound appearing again in the future.

Seeing as the AU Stonemaul Clan did join join the Horde, I can see this happening. Especially if they integrate with the MU Stonemaul Clan. It would also be a good way to have playable Horde Ogres with both types of personalities, Draenor mounts, Hunter pets, and so on.

So it would be very likely to see that. Assuming Blizzard remembers the Horde Ogre clans in general, of course.

2 Likes

Ogre’s for Horde…

Blizz…make it happen already…/smh

5 Likes

Posting this in both my megathreads since it is kinda big bews. Mike Ybarra recently announced that more details on the upcoming Blizzcon would be announced roughly within the next two weeks:

When it comes to WoW, I’m sure there will be at least one more major patch for Dragonflight. I am curious if we could see a new expansion announcement as well, or if that would come after whenever the final patch for Dragonflight comes out. Hard to really say either way, though we would have to wait awhile for the next expansion anyway, so who knows?

Whenever more info on Blizzcon comes out, I’ll be sure to report it here. Hopefully we’ll learn more sooner than later!

4 Likes

An expansion about the Light could give us female Ogre models because they come from Draenor and Yrel will come from Draenor to attack Azeroth.

5 Likes

I can’t believe Blizzcon is going by so fast. It’s just insane.

4 Likes

get this to 3000

3 Likes

What’s truly insane, is that ogres aren’t playable yet.

4 Likes

if we don’t get ogres we’ll get a race that is forbidden to speak of in this thread

2 Likes

I know what race you mean, but for some reason I just imagined playable Faceless and couldn’t help but laugh a bit.

1 Like

Blizzard just announced patch 10.1.5 Fractures in Time.

Nothing Ogre related outright said but it does mention that an event being added called “Time Rifts.” In these Time Rifts minions from other timelines will begin attacking and ogres could be among them.

Lastly the patch will bring warlocks to every race but Dracthyr, suggesting that Blizzard wants to have Warlocks be a core class for races going forward and Ogres fit that criteria.

2 Likes

So Blizzard is removing restrictions from acquiring allied races.

To summarize:

• All restrictions for unlocking Allied Races have been removed, with the exception of a level requirement.

• All Allied Races can now be unlocked once you have a level 40 character on your account (was level 50).

• Newly created Allied Race characters will now be directed to Chromie, not the warboard.

It is unknown how this would effect any potential future allied races, such as ogre, other than being sent to Chromie over the warboard.

5 Likes