The Unofficial Stonemaul Ogre Playable Race Discussion Megathread!

If we saw any Ogre “minions” in there, it’s likely they would be from clans that aren’t the Horde Ogre clans, which would make sense. Hard to really know what these “minions” would consist of, however. I don’t really see any NPC races that would appear in here to mean a whole lot outside of being jobbers for us to beat up, so it isn’t like it would be detrimental for their playable chances.

Ogre Warlocks make a lot of sense and is a combo that I would expect. That said, it does set a pretty good precedent that future playable races will be able to become Warlocks, which is pretty exciting for me. We’ll have to see if any other classes will get that treatment, since we could see Ogre Paladins in the future if that comes to pass, for example.

I feel like we could see the Allied Race system still being utilized for future Allied Races, with unlock criteria being relaxed when it becomes legacy content. That said, I know a lot of people will be happy with the news, even if it isn’t perfect.

I could see Ogres being either a Core Race or an Allied Race, though I’d lean more towards them being a Core Race. I feel like they’d have more love and care given to them that way, along with more chances of having customization options like two-heads.

-Dream big, Ogre fans! :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

5 Likes

The following Time Rifts were datamined

• Time Rifts - Black Empire (Azq’roth)
  • Time Rifts - Demon (Azewrath)
  • Time Rifts - HvA (The Warlands)
  • Time Rifts - Murloc (Azmerloth)
  • Time Rifts - Robot (A.Z.E.R.O.T.H.)
  • Time Rifts - Scourge (Azmourne)
  • Time Rifts - Titan (Ulderoth)

And from the list, the only avenue of ogres being “minions” would be when we interact with the Warlands.

5 Likes

Well the Horde laid off all the Goblins for false certifications in construction and replaced them with cheap overseas Vulpera labor. Talks of the Goblin Syndicate Union suing the Horde are in the works!

3 Likes

Wanted to wish any mothers here a happy Mother’s Day!

Unfortunately, I don’t really have much to share that is Ogre related for today. I imagine Ogre mothers are fierce beings you don’t want to get angry in any fashion. Likely, we’d be able to see some as NPC’s if playable Horde Ogres became a thing. Would make for some interesting characters and questlines, though!

Whatever your plans are today, please have a fun, happy, and safe Mother’s Day!

6 Likes

With the end of the DF expansion next year, I think we could get an expansion about the Light with Yrel and Lightbound coming on Azeroth and bringging many species from Draenor (Arakkoa, Saberon, Ogre, Mag’har Orc, Botani, Goren, etc). Ogres could leave Draenor with the dream to rebuild a new Gorian Empire on Azeroth.

7 Likes

Just giving a bump so we can get noticed and on our way to 3k! Ogres together strong! :japanese_ogre::meat_on_bone:

4 Likes

Blizzcon has been announced for November 3rd and 4th. An Ogre announcement would be rather neat.

4 Likes

I’m expecting there to be at least one more major patch for Dragonflight announced, so that could have something Ogre related. Granted, I’m keeping expectations really tempered as usual.

Aside from Dragonflight announcements, I an wondering if we’ll be getting close to a potential next expansion announcement, though. There have been all kinds of rumors, including Vrykul related stuff and areas that have popped up. Could be interesting, given that Ogres would make a great Horde counterpart to Vrykul in my own personal opinion. But as I said, there are all kinds of rumors for the next expansion, so who knows what will come with it?

Regardless, I do recommend expectations be tempered, and whatever gets announced, I’ll be sure to help report on it in here. If anything Horde Ogre related shows up, I’ll also help report on that as well, but we’ll see what happens when Blizzcon happens.

And even if nothing comes from Dragonflight or what comes after it, we still keep marching on for playable Horde Ogre support!

4 Likes

i expect when ogres become playable one of you has to be tutorial ogre in the mentor channel on retail WoW

4 Likes

So the Warlands timeline have the Alliance and Horde known as the Great Glorious Alliance and Blood Horde. And since both Lothar and Grom are bosses, it’s possible that it meant be an extension of the Second War timeline and so Ogres could potentially be present.

3 Likes

I know Ogres were part of the Old Horde, but I don’t know of any specific clans that were part of it. I don’t think that was mentioned in any novelization that I recall either, and Wowpedia just says “some Ogres” instead of any specific Ogre clans.

If this faction is from the Second War and assuming they have any Ogres within their ranks, I would expect a generic game for those units. Remember, the MU Stonemaul Clan joined Thrall’s Horde during Warcraft 3, so they likely wouldn’t be present unless any ancestors were part of the Second War.

On a similar note, a Rexxar model was datamined for an alternate universe of some kind, though not much is known about it or what Rexxar even looks like:

Might be something worth keeping an eye on just to see what is done with him. Not that I’d expect much out of it, but it could be interesting at least.

3 Likes

Yearly Ogres for the Horde support coming at you live. They would make an awesome addition, and I’d love to see them fighting alongside us. Especially given Blizzard has been poking at customization more. Here’s to hoping. :bat:

10 Likes

Glory of Sparta or…

Glory of Goria?

5 Likes

Glory to the Stonemaul!

5 Likes

Ok i know we all want ogres and i dont want to cast doubt but lets say we do get ogres and its not what you, i or the guy standing next to you expected? Like yeah the male ogre is a definite no questions asked how itll be done but for all we know they might completely botch the female ogre so horribly it might become less played than mechagnome just my brainfart on it

1 Like

I’m actually more confident in their ability with creating a female Ogre model. Like they handled the Djaradin rather well in that regard.

5 Likes

Came across a really awesome Ogre art piece on DeviantArt, which the description mentions it coming from the “World of Warcraft TCG: Crown of the Heavens.” It was created by michalivan and uploaded to the website on Jan. 14th, 2012.

“Rage of the Elements” by michalivan on DeviantArt

It’s a pretty amazing art piece that really fits the aesthetics of an Ogre Shaman. I don’t know if it is based on an Ogre character or is just a random nameless one. Still, if we ever got playable Horde Ogres, I would hope to see amazing art pieces like this one to go with it. Big and dumb is great to have, but also show how awesome Ogres can be with art pieces like this.

I’ll continue to keep an eye out for other art pieces to share for playable Horde Ogre idea inspiration!

3 Likes

4 Likes

i’m honestly willing up to give up a raid tier in a future xpac if it means we get ogres idc about the backlash or cringe comments that come of it

4 Likes

As someone who doesn’t raid, I’d be fine with that trade as well. Especially since playable Horde Ogres and whatever the Alliance would get would have more long term beneficial use.

If anything, just give storyline and world quests for Dustwallow Marsh and an Alliance area with a small raid of some kind at the end that will lead into playable race unlocks for everyone and fun rewards for the event in general. For Ogres, they could just take the Onxyia raid, replace her with one of her escaped offspring, revamp the fight a little bit, and have it be somewhat of a classic throwback. Complete with their head on a pike in the MU Stonemaul Clan home afterwards.

Obviously, it’s something that would need to be fleshed out, especially with whatever Alliance would get, but there is plenty you could do for Cataclysm-like events that would have something for everyone. :smiley:

All in my own personal opinion, of course.

3 Likes