The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

Niche additions aren’t a problem. So long as the more common requests are heard, people will like niche additions for variety. Also, some niche additions can lead to popular combos with certain classes (broken warlock?)

7 Likes

I know I would play a broken rogue.

5 Likes

Wildhammer doesn’t have a thread but it is a frequent request.

Going to be honest, I think Sethrak would make a cool race but I do not see them ever being a thing.

The logistics of making them no longer friendly toward the Horde and not getting obliterated by all of Zandalari should that happen or way off.

Suddenly tattoos and warpaint are now a major customization feature.

Oh look. It’s one of the major request for High Elves.

All falling into place…

4 Likes

True, but at least the Draenor Magh’ar pay off a previously introduced element. Say what you will about WoD in terms of egagement, but the set up of the Orc Clans was on par with Nightborne and Highmountain.

I agree that is a bummer that the Outland Mag’har have been seemingly forgotten, but at least the Draenor Ones are the continuation of an already established story. And, let’s not forget, both groups look the same, so if you at least want to make believe your are an Outland one, you 100% can.

Contrast this to the unfathomable asspull that Void Elves were, out of nowhere, and unable to really pass off as the High Elves people wanted -unless you cover yourself from head to toe, like I do-

9 Likes

Allied Races could be the home of niche additions tbh. That’s what HM and DI kinda are. Maybe KT’s too shrug

3 Likes
6 Likes

I wouldnt say it has to do with High Elves. I’d say it has to do with more of a hero class and 3+ allied races who have tattoo customization that appears on their chest and shoulders.

It doesn’t but it’s highly convenient.

4 Likes

Not really. Three allied races already have tattoo customization. The demon hunter hero class has tattoo customization. It was bound to happen sooner or later since giving races tattoos with no actual way to show them off…was kind of dumb.

(EDIT: Four allied races have tattoo customization. I accidentally left out Nightborne. 4.5 if you want to count some of the skin options for Mag’har)

2 Likes

Crossing fingers for maybe geting more customization options for all races and improved existing allied races if there’s no new allied race added in 8.2.5

11 Likes

yes. all of the races could use some customization options. Night elves for instance are notably lacking eye color options.

Females don’t have an option for golden eyes and males don’t have an option for silver. Males could also use full beards like in some concept art.

8 Likes

Male night elves also need options for eyebrows without beards.

12 Likes

Wildhammer Dwarves are probably the next most enduring request that would be definitively an Alliance ask. There’s other stuff like Arakkoa and Vrykul that have been requested, but they’re more like ‘neutral’ requests in that players on both sides have asked for them and there’s no real reason why they couldn’t go Horde.

6 Likes

Coincidentally today i discovered that there is a Island Expedition Berserking Rage buff hide all your gear above the waist, cloak hands and wrist included, it didn’t looked exacly amazing on a skinny blue Elf but i got a nice image on how friggin cool barbarian Warriors will look with hidden chest option.

5 Likes

Heh, reminds me of hozen mobs that can steal your pants in Pandaria, or the Burning Blade mobs in Draenor that can steal random pieces from gear from you (Alamara fought the chieftain bare-chested :heart:)

5 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/7pBSaSM.png

2 Likes

Saps every Elf in this thread.
Ties them to a bunch of chairs.
Spends hours brushing their Hair. While daydreaming about playable High Elves.

What? Making sure you all look as great as possible, is a Blood Elf thing.

9 Likes

I have a Megathread of Wildhammer Dwarves. Through I highly doubt it’ll last for long.

I mean I could be wrong and could probably continue talking about ideas and ways for the Wildhammer Dwarves to be playable.

8 Likes

Well Folks I’m going to take break off the Forums. This time for real. Because I really don’t want to anger some of folks back within the High Elf Community for being on the Forums too much or just having my hatred get the better of me.

I already did a Apology Post to those who played Night Elves and Blood Elves for the things I have done back in the past and this year. I just want to move on from this pointless hatred and flame wars and just want the iconic feeling of Night Elves and Blood Elves again back to their true roots.

I’m Sorry if I mocked and harassed those who love both races. I just want Blood Elf and Night Elf race to get better again.

So keep on the Support for High Elves Folks and never lose what are you as a True Warcraft Fan of the RTS and MMORPG of the Franchise as well.

Take care folks.

8 Likes

They need to add Wildhammers, High Elves, Forest Trolls, and Ogres. Preferably all at once.

8 Likes