The reason for giving Allies advantage in AV?

Post on yer main or stay small boi.

2 Likes

I wasn’t really being too serious (even though i said i was that was what the wink face is for:wink:) and if you look at my win rates i’m not too concerned, as i win regardless on average of 75%+ .

So yea, relax :grinning:

This guy gets it. BG week is … special.

1 Like

To be fair, IF there wasn’t an alternative way into the alliance base, the bridge would be an almost impenetrable obstacle if defended properly.

Two base towers and RH would be safe for ever.

If you’re down 350 reinforcements and the Horde are charging over the bridge, it will be lost eventually.

That little path up to the second level of FW is just as good as the bridge. there’s no other way up. You have to squeeze through a door too. But overwhelming force will push defenders back.

if we’re talking about a 25m + premade, the bridge would be alright, but pugs will get pushed back.

5 Likes

Same could be said about the Horde keep…

4 Likes

People seriously underrate that choke. It may not have the same potential to cheese knock-offs, but there are LoS and pathing issues the offensive team has to deal with there that aren’t present on the bridge.

3 Likes

Convinced you’re trolling now, GG.

It’s either that or you haven’t actually been into a battleground. You don’t need to approach SHGY to reach the rest of the map. There are 3 routes up north, and 1 route down south.

1 Like

Alliance still has nothing to compare to the IB choke.

I’ve played around 15 games(all losses) of AV since the change to SHGY. It never provided any benefit because Horde separated us by forcing us to attempt to defend the extremely vulnerable SHB or riding around the long way which negates the raised GY entirely. Meanwhile, the IB choke was as strong as ever.

Horde has one small path to defend at IB which protects both IBT and IBGY. Until the Alliance gets something similar, Horde will continue to have the advantage in AV.

2 Likes

SHB has to be closer to the SHGY just like how IBT is so close to the IBGY

I still haven’t had an AV pop since the change… :frowning:

I guess my point was if they would fix the back entry way instead of giving you a snowpile then allies will have a seriously viable choke that protects the base.

It’s not IBGY but it still is a great defensive spot regardless (if it was fixed)

1 Like

The bridge is viable but it’s not remotely close to IB. Even if we ignore the resources alliance lose, horde will own SPGY and be rezzing on top of the battle. Knockbacks work both ways so if alliance are trying to push horde out of SP and get knocked off the bridge, they have to make it past a horde controlled SPGY to get back to their group. And yes, they need to fix the back doors.

If alliance are pushing IB or FWK chokes, they won’t be rezzing on top of the fight. The nearest gy will be sfgy or FW. It takes us longer to get back into battle than horde at our “best” choke.

IB needs addressed. It has for years so for Blizzard to open up a feedback thread and ignore it to make a change nobody asked for is not an encouraging sign.

1 Like

I don’t want to see the IB choke nerfed at all. I just want a comparable choke for Alliance. It should be difficult to break into your enemy’s territory on their side of the map.

2 Likes

It should also be harder to defend than IB currently is. Giving alliance a comparable choke at SH opens up a plethora of balance issues. Making IB harder to defend does not.

1 Like

I like this idea, i detest the zerg rush. :+1:

1 Like

As do I but as it is, horde should never lose if they choose to sit and defend IB area. SHgy is easy to avoid, just go behind Balindas building and stack IWB or rush north.

1 Like

Right. Let’s make SH as easy to defend as IB and ignore the layout of the rest of the map. Horde won’t mind that FW is wide open when alliance have none that are. :wink:

I guess it’s one of those generic romcom titles, something like “It’s complicated” :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s really not. Adding a second entry into IB would keep it the strongest choke on the map, but make it require a little more teamwork to defend. Seems a better choice than completely revamping the map to make SH comparable.

But hey, I’m game. Give alliance a mid map choke comparable to IB. We can start every game with a blinking match. :dizzy_face: