The reason for giving Allies advantage in AV?

Well its the tone i got from it anyway

Well, i was just trying to be constructive for this person. I threw out Jugs name bc she made the post, but there are alot of btags in there that do Ebgs, he/she can group with those people.

Yep, back in Legion on my Horde char I had a significant uptick in AV wins when I started trying to convince the team to defend Galv and/or TP/IBT at the start of the game. Before that the entire Horde team would mindlessly zerg north and inevitably lose.

1 Like

When reinforcements were so low (for many years), defending IB was not very important. With the recent changes, it made a lot more sense to stop the Allies at IB. Then Horde started wining more often.

Which of course upset Blizzard, so they gave the alliance one of the few map changes ever to AV to give them an advantage. So basically, Horde using IB choke to win more = blizzard needing to give the alliance a buff via the map, lol.

This implies that the change actually gives Alliance players an advantage. It doesn’t, because Stonehearth is still as open as it was before - the graveyard is just slightly harder to assault.

I know you’ll reply with “lol ib choke” but it really doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out that a single small path that can protect every single asset - which is a requirement for a win - is vastly superior to one that sacrifices 40% reinforcements (a win condition) to use and has multiple entrances.

4 Likes

A word of advice for all in this thread,
Doesn’t pay to argue with a lunkhead.

3 Likes

Maybe they should just remove the Alliance, then there’d be no imbalance or “bad faction”.

“Stonehearth is still as open as it was before” – Right. Because having the highground and forcing Horde to run up a narrow path that is inaccessible until you run past the graveyard has no defensive advantages… /end sarcasm

You don’t have to run past the graveyard; you can come up the other way. Or you can skip that graveyard entirely and go straight to Stormpike.

The only time you’re “forced” to run past the graveyard is if you’re coming from Stonehearth Bunker, and the only people who have to do that are Alliance trying to run a turtle defense, so the change may actually hurt the Aliance more than it helps.

3 Likes

I’ve lost twice as Alliance in there while being a dirty underhanded merc.

I won all AV I was in today…as horde.

can i get a selfire with you?

People will just level their alts as alliance and then switch. :wink:

2 Likes

Win-win for Blizzard

AV and IOC were the two bg’s Alliance won consistently. All other bg’s were horde dominated for the most part. Silvershard Mines, Deepwind, AB, WSG, EOTS need I go on?

So you want to dominate it all totally, and alliance will just jump to horde because it’s horrible losing all the time. There has to be some incentive to get the faction balance back in play. You still have Merc I believe.

Also a reminder it’s BG bonus week. Games are flooded with people who aren’t comfortable with this area of the game.

So you’ll end up seeing bigger packs of people charging one thing, as unsure people just roll with the group.

You’ll see less smaller groups splitting off to do other important things, such as defending the keep or back-capping. Calls for help won’t be as effective, as newcomers will just wait for other people to go do it because they’re not sure what it means.

I know a lot of people are frustrated, but this week in particular it’s always worse. For both factions.

1 Like

If Alliance was winning Alterac Valley consistently and Horde was “dominating” the others, wouldn’t it make more sense to try to re-balance a battleground other than AV in Alliance’s favor?

2 Likes

I’m all for it. Bring it on lol.

LOL im pretty sure the main base choke for alliance is way better than any choke the horde have on the entire map. You literally have two bunkers facing a narrow bridge that the horde get barraged on the entire time. Not to mention you can push people off the bridge and force them to either die or take substantial amounts of damage. We wont even talk about how your main base spawn in above one of your main gys so if we cap it you can have ranged sit on top and kill respawners

1 Like

Do you even realize what the Alliance give up to defend the bridge?

3 Likes