The #nochanges slippery slope argument is a logical fallacy

Slippery Slope is an informal fallacy, not a formal one, so our little mini-philosophers on the forums need to stop parading it around like it is a formal one, it’s intellectually dishonest.

I’ve already shown how dual-spec can be made to be economy neutral. Now you’re just pretending you can’t process that information and trying to claim that discredits me. Seriously, the whole “won’t someone think of the economy!?!” spiel is the weakest argument against QoL improvements.

It doesn’t matter if it is a slippery slope or if that argument is a logical fallacy. Stating that that argument is a logical fallacy as justification for the changes that these morons are inflicting upon this game is a straw-man argument.

It is a statement of fact that making these changes takes away from the original classic experience. Just as the layering changes did as well. It is also a statement of fact that the changes that ruined world of warcraft were not composed of a handful of significant changes rather a massive collective of little changes such as this regardless of if they led to each other on some god forsaken slope. In my opinion, you sir and/or mam need to go back to retail wow and do not belong in the classic community.

On a side note: rest in peace Dire Maul.

I don’t know what any of that means. I’m just excited I learned how to use the / tool.

Can’t prove me wrong without making any more straw-man arguments? Go back to retail.

There’s no such thing.

Also, a lot of folks don’t think WoW has been ruined. Unless you count the creation of rogues, of course.

Well I got 400g

No changes is dumb and has been absent from the forums when Blizzard actually made changes like Dire Maul. They only exist to troll players who want a better game overall.

1 Like

An informal fallacy is one that is not necessarily fallacious, but can be depending on the context. A formal fallacy is just a straight up fallacy, as in illogical.

Ughash you deserve it. Glinda your counter argument is semantics at best. Yes there was the original classic experience. It happened years ago. No we cannot have the same thing as the content was not documented then as it is documented now. However, that should be the sole difference between the game then and the game now as it is the only change that is impossible to avoid.

And Elaice who cares your argument is a straw-man.

I’m pretty sure I’ve covered that one a couple times here, but thanks for the call out.

You can link items in local chat though.

As far as the rest of your suggestions: I don’t care about any of those things save for dual spec, which while being beneficial would only serve to remove one of the few gold sinks the game has.

Edit
Less gold sinks == Economy goes to crap

I honestly feel that the lack of QoL improvements made throughout the years, like dual-spec, is part of “warts and all”.

The aim of the project was never to make a better version of vanilla, it was to try to make something that closely emulates patch 1.12 after the final phase is released.

The landing page for WoW Classic reads:

WHAT IS WOW® CLASSIC?

Azeroth As It Was

The drums of war thunder once again… Return to a lost era of Azeroth and enjoy the timeless stories that defined this world at war.

World of Warcraft Classic is a faithful recreation of the original World of Warcraft. Combat mechanics, original character models, and skill trees all contribute to a truly authentic experience.

Dual spec definitely does not fit in to that picture, nor do most of the other non-vanilla QoL improvements that people may clamor for. It’s just not what this project is intended for.

1 Like

I meant /1.

It’s easy enough to make dual spec into a gold sink, just charge 1,000* gold for the privilege.

*Insert whatever number that makes dual spec into a gold sink here.

#nochanges” has been around. I made a thread, fairly recently, about it, too:

And if you want a “better” game, Retail is that way —>

Or ask for your own Unicorn Server just like the Classic community did and stop trying to hijack off of Classic. Thanks.

1 Like

Sorry I think I’ll just keep calling out no changes for their trolling nature and hypocrisy thanks.

1 Like

Just because you say so, doesn’t mean they are. Shall we discuss it? Or are you the Troll just trying to argue?

I have an entire thread about it, at your fingertips, for you to read and learn.

I just can’t believe there are people arguing for changes to classic wow. Like look what happened to Dire Maul. They’re like mosquitoes like get away go play retail.

no. you haven’t. at some point there is a break even point where it isn’t a lost price anymore.

that is why subs have been plummeting since warlords went live right?

Yes because of QoL improvements.

Now go away.