The #nochanges slippery slope argument is a logical fallacy

except we showed you where your argument is wrong and you keep plugging your ears.

I know that you think you’re disproving what I’m saying, but that’s really not what’s happening.

Have a nice day.

And vice versa.

Again, with not saying the “how”. Just makes the claim and dips!

Here is a QOL feature that I think would improve the game and has no slippery slope. When a questgiver NPC has 2 or more quests, they sometimes display a “.” instead of a “?” or “!”
The “.” adds nothing to the game except minor confusion. I think it should continue using the “?” or “!” instead.

#ClassicRuined #RetailsThatWay

1 Like

it wasn’t in classic the it should not be in classic. Classic should be classic no changes, you always have retail.

Questie fixes that.

we already have. time after time. you just ignore it.
the slippery slope does not state that any change leads to BFA. the slippery slope states any change has potential negative side affects
those being of course

1. reduction of authenticity of vanilla wow. you cannot deny this - was dual spec in vanilla? no. that means adding it takes away from authenticity.
  2. economic impact.
  3. it would lead to more threads like this with yet more reasons for people to ask for changes. want proof? look at all the people who point at mail changes and layering (oh look, this very thread has both) and say we should add more changes.

Well argued. You’ve really given me some food for thought. Thank you, good sir.

coming from the guy whose only argument is “Fallacy” this is hilarious.

1 Like

The argument against dual spec that respecing is a gold sink is dumb. I’m level 55 and last week alone I sent out over 100g in bags, items, and cash to players who wanted to reroll here on the forums. And I respec twice to boot.

I could respec every day if I wanted to 50 gees is nothing.

1 Like

to you maybe 50 gold is easy, but there are others it is not.

if 50 gold is so easy, why do you need dual spec anyway?

Straw man argument. This argument is whether or not its a gold sink. It’s not.

it absolutely is. it removes gold from the economy. is it a super effective one? not as good as mounts. but mounts are a one time transaction. you keep paying respecs every time you do it. over time that definitely adds up.

False.

FROM YOUR LINK: “The strength of such an argument depends on the warrant i.e. whether or not one can demonstrate a process that leads to the significant effect.”

In this case we have good reason to believe that small changes will lead to big changes.

1. the actual history of this very game as developed by this very company, and
  2. countless posts on this forum where changers state that their desired change is okay because of some part of classic that is already changed from vanilla (e.g., layering).

So, no, we #nochangers are not relying on a logical fallacy.

Semantics. If I can go make 50g in an hour its not a gold sink to charge me 50g to respec. I can immediately go out and recoup that 50g. I’m super casual player I only have 8 days played anybody can do this.

… and /thread

1 Like

its funny to see so many people start to realize just how bad classic really was.

1 Like

I disagree any of these “QoL” changes are a good idea. QoL changes are still subjective, and Blizz thinking to know what QoL changes we want, is what got us to Cata, and all the garbage after.

Hence why, “they think they did, but they didn’t”.

I’m fine, though.

The one quality of life I really, really want added is to bring back the ability to ignore specific people on the forums.