The #nochanges slippery slope argument is a logical fallacy

So you’re telling me Blizzard is going to put capital into classic, and just let everything phase in without a long term plan? Unless they just release xpacs, yeah I don’t see them keeping it. Blizzard is running a business, not a popularity contest. ORSR works by votes, but the community was extremely hesitant in the same way about any additions or changes.

The only one that would remove a gold sink is easily made into an even bigger gold sink.

Can someone lock this thread? It serves no purpose.

People talking about a subject you don’t like isn’t the same as “serves no purpose”.

blizzard has repeatedly stated that vanilla is intended to be a museum piece, an authentic recreation of vanilla wow. i could see them doing expansions on separate servers, however provided blizzard doesn’t go back on their word, classic should remain classic until they shut off wow servers.

OSRS has also had changes forced through even when the community said no, so not a good comparison to go to.
Classic wow is not designed to be OSRS. its designed to be vanilla. if you want an OSRS style game, go ask for it. but don’t take classic from those who wanted it.

so are you going to make dual spec cost like 5000 gold then? or more? because dual spec at 1k gold means that after 20 respecs (or roughly 2 months for most players who play hybrid or pvp) you’re netting a profit on your investment.

I think 1,000 gold would be plenty, since a lot of people will buy it who wouldn’t have respecced anywhere near 20 times without it. That being said, I’m sure Blizzard will set a price that they know will remove the amount they feel it should remove.

this is entirely in your own opinion. you don’t agree it doesn’t have a negative impact. well prove it. you are the one who is making the claim that they won’t respec 20 times despite investing 1000 gold into something that makes it so you don’t have to respec all the time. so prove it.

yeah they will set the price at “not implementing dual spec in classic”.
you clearly don’t care about classic.
you want classic+. that is fine. go ask for that.

I don’t have to prove anything. Blizzard has the data and the fact they used it to implement dual spec in later expansions is all the proof anyone should need.

I’d give that thread a read 'cause a lot of people talked about using Addons, day 1 of their WoW days.

I don’t use them often (back in Retail, I used some but not Classic), however Addons (or in this context Mods/Custom Content) for the Sims is a MUST. I’m not for nor against anyone enhancing their Games through Addons, Modifications, Custom Content, etc. Just don’t force it/shove it down my throat that I “need” these “enhancements”, too.

yes, in later expansions. exactly. that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t remove a gold sink. you haven’t proven anything.

funny thing is that he already proved slippery slope true lol. where that dual spec led to? triple spec. or in druid’s case: quad spec. so they certainly DO have the data to not implement changes

I’ve never claimed to prove anything. Blizzard did, however.

all blizzard proved is that they catered to player convenience a lot later down the road.
they did not prove that it doesn’t negatively impact the economy.
vanilla is not retail.
vanilla has a limited number of gold sinks, and extremely limited number of long term gold sinks.

How are those things negatively impacting WoW?

Friend, it’s clear they want all changes. They thought that they were being clever by only visibly listing the not so controversial changes, followed by an “etc.” Which they never clarified nor denied it could mean LFR, CRZ, shared mob tagging, etc. Their argument “if Classic doesn’t change, it will be destroyed!” Which they never clarified what that meant either.

This is a clear thread for ALL changes. And anyone who opposes is an “illogical” person using “fallacies”.

it removes a gold sink? it removes player/class/spec identity? its a lot less impactful in retail because gold falls from the sky, but retail also has mounts worth millions of gold. vanilla does not.

It’s easy enough to make it a gold sink. The other items you listed aren’t necessarily negatives.

it is in classic/vanilla. that is one of the things people who wanted vanilla want back. they wanted that reputation, that identity back. you knew tom was a good fire mage. you knew jenna was a sweet tank. avoid andrew, the bad rogue.

Lebowski.gif

coming from the guy who thinks dual spec won’t hurt the economy that’s hilarious.

1 Like