The Love Rocket Mount from NEVER Drops to now Drop sometimes

I hope Reward Devs did a proper follow up after 2 years of their last response and 2 years of their fix.

Yes, Now the mount drop sometimes and that’s their Fix a daily boost attempt, now the community has an idea that the mount is being acquired more frequently which is good, there’s even some players without armies of alts doing few attempts and getting the mount. Basically, just manipulated community perception but it’s still pure RNG.

However, Did this fix solve the core issues mentioned by the Reward Dev?

• Chimes started his response with " Yep, this isn’t fun."

Well, I still don’t find it as a fun fight, there’s players AFK or using wrong role, I do that for better queue times. I don’t think most players find this as a fun fight since it last around 30 seconds…

• Right now, if you want to maximize your chance of getting the mount, it’s in your best interest to repeat this event every day on as many characters as possible. That’s… mathematically correct, but not a great experience.

Well, Devs this is still the approach for most collectors, Do you think that most players taht were doing 30-50+ characters moved from doing those to 1 attempt for 15 days in a 1/100 chance that’s basically the same we suffer for some other mounts, We already know how RNG works and during the last 2 years, most collectors continue doing armies of alts.

There’s even cases of players using multiple accounts for more “daily boost attempt”, since you can create another accounts with different email and then merge those accounts.

I hope you do some kind of conversation with the Council, they provided TONS of ideas:

Why we don’t have some sort of Bad luck protection like the legendaries from DF?

Or enable players to trade these holiday items…

I know at the end the frustration from this event is something self inflicted by the player, however; Devs could provide something more meaningful , fun and engaging.

8 Likes

Its still not gonna drop , the first kill is 1/100 thats 1% drop lol… Kinda like expecting sha of anger mount to drop on the first kill lmao

8 Likes

Exactly, Reward Dev just did a band aid and manipulated perception because now the pool of players notice more drops but the core issues persist.

They didn’t fix the fight that doesn’t last enough, there’s players afk, wrong roles…

Too many instance error everytime you reach 10+ alts runs…

3 Likes

If i dont get it this year im not doing it no more, 14 years is enough

10 Likes

They should have done a hard mode like HH and just made hard mode a permanent increase on all characters all the time, entice players to do hard mode and have a fun fight, not a 30 second or less fight where everyone goes DPS.

The issue I am finding with the current queue is that you can get one 440+ ILVL player who can carry 4 nobodies, but the minute you get 5 nobodies all in DPS spec, all sub 200 iLVL, all at level 60, all expecting a carry, you get wipes.

Yes, I said it, you get wipes in arguably the easiest holiday queue we have ever had.

If they had a hard mode with a permanent drop rate increase you would find players going in the right spec and actually putting in 30 seconds of effort instead of just being AFK on the stairs.

And just maybe you would not be seeing people run 150+ alts a day on this thing.

1 Like

Exactly, they should focus in deliver a fun experience and they fail…

Hahah I’ve done 127 runs this year 0 wipes but sometimes there’s not healer and someone dies…

TRUEEE and something more fun…I don’t get how this is the best that Blizzard can deliver…

Normally I’d be annoyed by this, but the fight can be soloed by literally anyone.

Though I do think the fact that it’s so trivial is a mark against it

1 Like

That something is soloed doesn’t mean its FUN…

Well…that was Chimes reward dev response 2 years ago…those core issues mentioned by him still persist.

2 Likes

But, you are a slot machine, you have to keep going…

And who even says it’s 1% now? That’s a community perception, all Blizzard said was “We increased the drop rate”. From what to what? It was 1/3333 previously, did they increase the drop rate by 100% and make it 1/1666?

Did they do a fallen charger and 'Increase the drop rate 3 times" and make it from 0.1% to 0.3%? I made those numbers up, but it’s the same issue, we have no idea what the drop rates really are now, it’s all assumed and it could very well be 0.1% for the love rocket, we have no idea.

But what we do know is that it’s still crap and people are still running multiple accounts worth of alts.

Honestly even wiping should not be a thing. And the 10 instance limit should also be removed for this.

Blizzard are the epitome of having your cake and eating it too. They ‘increase the drop rates’ to an unknown, place a 10 instance limit and allow players to join 5 man hobo runs where people can die or wipe because no one really cares.

If Blizzard doesn’t care, why should we? They should do one of the following at least:

• Remove the 10 limit
  • Permanently increase the drop rates
  • Or make a hard mode with increased drop rates

As it stands they are trolling us and we are trolling back.

6 Likes

There’s ton of ideas how to improve this frustating experience, Council provided a lot of ideas between 2022 event and 2023, however; Dev never reply and implemented the daily boost attempt.

I’d be happy even with a BLP like these new legendaries on which each attempt increase your drop %, that’s the thing a lot of players don’t want the mount in their email next day but some kind of progress. Right now, you get the mount or you don’t get anything, it doesn’t matter the drop % that’s the outcome.

4 Likes

Mount farming is a 50% chance, you either get it or you don’t until Blizzard tell us otherwise.

We joke about this, but that’s what is accepted by many hardcore mount farmers since there is nothing else you can do but kill whatever it is that drops the mount and just hope you get it.

2 Likes

The problem is they really didn’t fix the problem.

They made the Sha of Anger 1 in 100 for every character on your account, for as long as you want to farm it. However, they didn’t give the same treatment to a mount that’s only around for two weeks? What kind of sense does that make? It really doesn’t help because those same people that have been killing the Love Rocket bosses 50x a day since forever are still going to continue to do so because of how short the event is, effectively doing nothing to help their “fun.”

The whole thing is really stupid.

15 Likes

Well…it seems that we agree in this topic haha perfect example with the Sha, because you can grind it with 50 characters every week…52 weeks per years compared to 15 days.

5 Likes

I’ve always said they either need to have left it alone, keeping it the rarest mount in the game that you could still get, or truly fix it.

The fix that did was nonsense.

1 Like

Now it seems more like a fix from the heat of the moment during the allegations back in 2022…For me its not only the rarity due to drop rate but the whole holiday event activities for WoW are really bad compared to other games, I’d like to see better holidays overall and these boss fights should be more engaging.

3 Likes

At least with the MOP world bosses and Ruhkmar from WOD, I could farm them year round.

The Vday mount has a limited time on it that’s it. Make it so that it drops some kind of token that after I get X amount, can go buy the mount on a Vday vender.

2 Likes

Besides that, Devs keep moving the minimum level every new expansion, So if you want to grind this mount next year, you’ll need all your alts at level 70 because of War Within…

You can grind World Bosses mounts with characters at X level and you don’t need to level up again.

4 Likes

I said that last year and here i am doing it on 15 toons a day.

Stockholm syndrome is real

Everyone should boycott the event lmao , then blizz will put the rocket on the TP

I got it last year off my first attempt so assumed it was guaranteed…