The Graphics War

Well tbh I want a classic game-play experience on the unreal engine 4! (or something better or equivalent) I mean have you seen those videos?!?!? They look epic. Now none of them show character models so i do not know how that would work.

But that is a ME want. Not a necessity.

Oh man - World of Warcraft 2. It would look crazy to see it at such a high graphical caliber but I cringe slightly at the thought of a lot of us would be back to single digit frames again. Have you seen the Warcraft 3 cinematics with better graphics? It’s by JoseBV on YouTube.

No I have not. I will get on that.

But I get that it may beyond our capabilities atm. But is not too far off to think we could see that in the future in double digits. With everyone having gig connects (Hopefully) In the future. Wish I had it. Feels bad man.

I mean now is the cheapest time in a while to build a pc. RAM prices are dropping hard!

I highly recommend it, it’s actually retelling the story of Warcraft 3 in HD graphics, so that’s my mistake. He uploads in multiple languages, so don’t be surprised when you see multiple iterations. To anyone who hasn’t watched it - it’s phenomenal.

That being said - definitely, I imagine in a few years, we’ll probably see another major graphics card development that will probably trivialize those graphics lmao. I need more RAM anyway, so I’ll be looking into that.

Now this is a situation I can appreciate. And wouldn’t hate Blizz if they forced everyone down to Classic Graphics for PvP.

1 Like

The transparency or translucency of water is effected little by the setting and has more to do with where the water is.

Joana’s speed run from 2006:

Some water can be seen through and some cannot.

1 Like

Ah yes. This same stupid argument again. “muh glossek is a faithful recreation of muh vanilla hurr durr”. I’m sorry but I and other people in those threads you talking about already debunked that. This isn’t a recreation of original WoW. Its different game with a lot of add-ons, which YOU will be tweaking even more to match its convenience closer to retail. This argument is second in prepostericity after #nochange.
From those threads I got few things as well:

• #nochangers are egoistic pricks with elitist syndrome.
  • #nochangers can’t explain why people can’t have toggled options when they already have other toggled options for other stuff that differs from their FAITHFUL RECREATION OF THE ORIGINAL WOW™ they just spewing #nochange or blubbering something about “this wasn’t in vanilla” or “it might break something, you don’t understand”.

OH I forgot, also they almost every time uses their trump gard:

this is the third absurd argument coming from them.

2 Likes

If you knew the first thing about Classic, you’d know that was in Blizzard’s words, directly quoted from them on the WoW Classic homepage. I’d suggest checking your level of incompetence before discussing someone else’s.

Don’t assume, you know nothing about me, and it further proves my point that you really have no idea what you’re talking about.

Why? Because they don’t agree with you? I never said I was a #nochanger, you assumed that, which continues to prove my point that you really have no idea what you’re talking about. I encourage changes that help the health of the game relative to bug fixes amongst a few other small things that the dev team has already done.

Because it wasn’t a part of the original game. HD models didn’t exist back then, so they have no place in the game, toggle or not. It’s not really that hard to understand. It looks out of place with the rest of the environment, considering the rest of the environment is using the original models, the only armor that is available is armor that you don’t see people really using that commonly anymore because it looks out of place and it takes away from the spirit of the game. Not to mention, it looks bad on Blizzard’s end for branding and advertising to integrate different aspects of the game in a “faithful recreation”, and even has advertised on their website that the original character models are what’s available. It’s comparable to Bethesda’s Fallout 76 Nuka Dark Rum fiasco. If you can’t accept that, then that’s fine, I don’t care quite frankly.

Let’s use your own analogy against you;

Blizzard and World of Warcraft is equivalent to Gordon Ramsay and Hell’s Kitchen. In short, neither one of them need your critiques. Why? They are established through financial reasons, and are accomplished by their own numbers, and don’t need someone else who is unhappy with their decision making to give them their opinion. You know what happens when you walk up to Ramsay and tell him you don’t like his food? You are told to get lost and sit back down in your seat. Here - it’s no different. If you don’t want something in your order? The chef’s don’t care - because that’s how it’s supposed to be made. Unless you have a food allergy, you are getting that plate the way it was intended to be prepared. Don’t like it? Don’t eat it.

If you don’t like what I’ve said, or don’t agree with it, then continue prodding in your delusional perspective. I’ve no interest with debating with someone as illogical as you have demonstrated. Stick to BfA friend, that seems like all that you are prepared for. Between your nonsensical rants, your points that have no weight, to your delusional perspective of the game, you really have implicated yourself, the only person who is deaf to logic would be you. I find it amusing, quite frankly, that even throughout the amount of people who have told you to simply read the Classic WoW homepage, which debunks your entire argument, yet, you still stand by your illogical point of view, which you’re entitled to do so, but it doesn’t change anything, nor do all your posts, and it never will. So let that rest with you while you continue to dance around your idea of how Classic should be, when it never will be what you want. You’re in the outspoken minority, and Blizzard has already confirmed that what you want isn’t happening. So either deal with it and take your L, or continue to waste your own time. Either way, I walk away happy because I know yet another illogical person asking for HD models isn’t getting what they want, and if that makes them unhappy? Good. You don’t know what Classic is.

That being said, respond however you feel fit, but it won’t matter. You want your HD models so bad? Download an .mpq file and inject it into the game, see what happens.

No, my point was it was removed for a reason. Whether it was a couldn’t or a wouldn’t doesn’t matter in that regard.

Mhm hmh. yes.

Mhm ahuh

Hmhm yes yes mhm

AND HERE WE ARE AGAIN. THIS. IS. VERY ORIGINAL. AND. WELL THOUGHT POST. YOU HAVE THERE.

If I would be a client of Gordon Ramsey for 15 years and he made me his superb cuisines alsmot every day of these 15 years. I rather would think that he at least CONSIDER to think that I’m somewhat have a POINT when I’m asking to change something for me personally. Not changing his dish for everyone. But only for me. cause I like his dishes, I like how he prepare his food, I just have a different taste in a little of something he is serving.
Don’t you see a difference between this and “DEMAND TO CHANGE EVERYTHING SO NO ONE OF YOU COULD ENJOY”?

If you have a client that is staying with you, no matter what, no matter how hard times are and how many other people hate you, I bet you would treasure this client and at least listen to his requests.

You should really rewatch Ratatouille.

Can someone explain why wall of no posters are allowed on these forums and allowed to play classic?

Your retort still remains weak. You’ve proven my point, I appreciate your response.

We pay a sub, there isn’t a wall of “no”, here. It’s a discussion being held to people who don’t understand the concept of

¯\ _(ツ) _ /¯

How in the world did you manage to equate streamers to a toggle switch?

Basically they think toggles will ruin the game or shouldn’t be there because it wasn’t there in Vanilla, but have no problem with advanced addons that weren’t there in Vanilla as they will be today.

No one can actually make sense of the Classic community on this board. Good luck though!

1 Like

I wouldn’t have a problem with the toggle if it had actually worked properly in Retail before it got axed.

People wanted vanilla, give them vanilla. No QOL improvements. It will hasten this waste of money’s demise.

It’s because the old models were not compatible with the new skeletal animations. New models work fine for old animations but the old models did not work for new animations.

Toggle would work for classic simply because they are using the old animations, that’s why you can see modded Vanilla, BC, and Wrath private server clients.

New models work fine with old animations, old models don’t work with new.

(Before someone calls me out on Emote animations. Those work, it’s the actual new attack animations that started getting added)

2 Likes

The graphics are totally different and way better in classic then real vanilla was even the characters have way better textures and look way better. So technically we are getting better graphics and better looking models.