"The class order halls overwhelmingly favored Alliance"

There did seem to be a change in direction for Tess Greymane between Legion and BfA, though. In Legion she’s implied to have become some kind of an assassin, but then this hasn’t really been referenced or implied again since.

There’s definitely potential for them to make some interesting stories about Tess between Cataclysm and Legion and between Legion and BfA, and it’s really something that Blizzard should think about doing.

We can pretty much figure that Tess may have left the Uncrowned at some point when she decided that she should step up to eventually become the new leader of Gilneas, but we don’t really know why she was a member of the Uncrowned in the first place, nor do we know much about the Uncrowned in general.

They kind of just need to have Tess Greymane be a relevant character more frequently, preferably without somehow ruining the character of course like what sometimes happens when the devs remember that characters exist.

1 Like

Yeah and wel in DF all leaders decided to retire apparently, so Tess is gilnean Queen now

So what then… Thing is uncrowned were supposed to act from the shadows to maintain the status quo, which is not entirely against Tess’s new position, if anything she’ll have more leverage

I hope they circle back to class Halls…

I think everyone agrees that in terms of stablished lore and class fantasy, the warrior order hall is the worst.

2 Likes

You lost me here.

What was so bad about it? I’m honestly curious. I played Troll Shaman and Draenei Mage back in Legion, and I’ve only done the DH and Druid order halls since. I’ll probably do the warlock one next.

warrior order hall is absolutely not the worst.
it’s fun.

hunter and/or priest is worst.

1 Like

From what I hear, priest is the worst. Having to get rescued by paladins, ouch.

9 Likes

From what I’ve seen on the forums, some folks really didn’t like the Warrior order hall because it was Vrykul-themed all day, every day. Everything about the order hall from it’s themes, to the quest line, to the Artifacts was Vrykul, Vrykul, and more Vrykul. Plus, a lot of people don’t like Odyn.

3 Likes

You don’t see any pre stablished warrior character in lore there, and some even appear in other parts of the expansion, like Jarod Shadowsong, Saurfang, and so on. The entire premise of the order hall is “you died, a valkyr saved you and now you work for Odyn and their vrykuls”, the only non vrykul or titan forged allies you have in your order hall are the 7.2 ones, which is Crowley if you’re alliance and someone else if you’re horde. The whole thing also being vrykul themed and odyn themed uses a very narrow view of what is probably the most culturally diverse class in the game.

Like, i feel an organization of mercenaries or ragtag warriors of different factions coming together would be a better told story.

3 Likes

See: not enough night elves.

Odyn is an abuser who enslaved Helya, killed Sigryn’s family, kept the Thoriginir from visiting the Dragon Isles, and there are probably some I missed. Yet warriors have no choice but to serve him.

6 Likes

And?

10 long characters.

Did you side with Sylvanas or Saurfang?

If you picked the former, your complaints about Odyn are irrelevant.

You ever get tired of being wrong all the time?

8 Likes

I’m not sure if it really matters which “side” a horde player would pick because the premise of BFA demanded that narratively Teldrassil wasn’t enough to pull the horde player away without effectively banning you from almost all of the content in your $60 expansion purchase.

For people stupid enough to want to maintain an IC perspective of their character, I think it’d make more sense to be a loyalist because of how the early horde questing is written. Otherwise you’d have to look weird and inconsistent about why Teldrassil and Undercity weren’t enough, but taking action against someone trying to undermine the war effort somehow is.

5 Likes

He isn’t wrong.
Sylvanas absolutely uses people like odyn.
Hell she tried to enslave his own valkyr.

Koltira was locked up forever for “”“re education”“”
Varimathras was working on pain of death, though no one cares about varimathras tbf.

She blackmailed th blood elves into joining the wotlk campaign.

She enslaved the souls of alliance and horde at lordaerons gates.

I think the Loyalist split happened at the perfect point, IE: when there were assurances that the Alliance would not slaughter everyone wholesale if they turned on Sylvanas. Should have happened sooner, but Anduin had to remember he liked peace and Saurfang had to remember that he’d already fought against a punk like Sylvanas before they could come to the obvious conclusion.

I think the major flaw with the BFA in the immediate aftermath of the burning is that it really doesn’t show much between then and UC. Nearly every Horde leader was blindsided by the news and then either nobody bothered communicating, or the only communication they got back was “we gon kill u :smiling_imp:”.

3 Likes

He is wrong, and he’s out of his mind bringing up Sylvanas and factions into this.

Odyn is a saint compared to Suevanas. So Yeah, it’s actually relevant to bring up the hypocrisy of Horde players: yapping about Odyn, while doing Sylvanas’ dirty work.

1 Like

Odyn sucks and is a terrible being. You will always be wrong on this

4 Likes

As does Sylvanas, and so Horde players will always be wrong for… well, playing Horde in BFA. :slight_smile: