"The class order halls overwhelmingly favored Alliance"

I’m just content with Oculeth performing one of the baddest arcane feats in-series without aid of an artifact or magical juicing.

Jaina can hoist ships or whatever when she’s not ducking fighting the Legion, my boy tossed the horde PC into another planet in another reality like a fishing lure and pulled a nation full of refugees back with him. He’s HIM.

12 Likes

I just remember rescuing Talanji from the stockades and standing on the dock with Jaina and a handful of unnamed mages with her. I wished, at the very least, Thalyssra would prove to be a worthy match for Jaina, but we had Thalyssra, Rokhan, Talanji, Zul, Nathanos, and the player against just Jaina and her lackeys, and Zul still says we would likely lose to her. The only reason she didn’t solo us all was because she needed to put out the fire, I guess.

If they framed it as she was going to be able to slow us down long enough for her reinforcements to arrive, I wouldn’t have felt like our roster was so pathetic compared to her. But seeing so many of our big names lined up against just her and being told we would still lose didn’t feel great, especially since it appeared as though the reinforcements would be too busy firefighting to back Jaina up. Thalyssra not holding a candle to Jaina is especially disappointing since she lived and breathed magic for millennia. I wonder if she’s been nerfed since giving up the Nightwell or if she’s always been inferior to Jaina.

I will say it was kind of Blizzard to let us know right away to not to expect Talanji to be anywhere near as powerful as Jaina, either. She may serve as Jaina’s Horde counterpart in BfA, but that doesn’t mean she’s on the same level. Good to know!

16 Likes

This sounded wrong to me, so I just took a tour of both Thunder Bluff and Thunder Totem, and I can confirm: dead animals strung on walls is absolutely not a tauren thing.

The interior walls of tauren structures in Thunder Bluff are decorated with wall paintings, woven hangings, and scrolls. Occasionally weapons. There is not a single pelt, horn, or other hunting trophy to be seen—even on Hunter Rise. And Thunder Totem follows the same pattern.

Tauren hunting is about providing food. They don’t do it for the sake of the trophies, and they don’t even keep trophies to display. Whatever culture those pelts and horns on the walls in Trueshot Lodge are meant to represent, it’s not tauren.

4 Likes

We’re not even the top mages in the Horde anymore, as that title seems to have been passed to Nightborne.

6 Likes

Bit late in the day now, but playing through MoP again reminded me how perfectly primed Rommath was to step up as Jaina’s magical rival. Fire vs frost, phoenixes vs water elementals, Silvermoon vs Dalaran; essentially a magical distillation of red vs blue, with no more quote-unquote neutral Kirin Tor to cannibalize all mage lore. Pity that went nowhere. Oh, also brunette vs blonde.

I was disappointed with Thalyssra’s showing against Jaina too, but after the squandering of that more thematically appropriate magical rivalry I wasn’t really expecting a contest of equals.

11 Likes

Right:

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/The_Ashenvale_Hunt_(The_Barrens)
https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ursangous%27s_Paw_(quest)
https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Shadumbra%27s_Head_(Classic)

Notice the start of the Ashenvale Hunt and its ending are both run by Tauren.

All I can say is, they may send you on quests to get trophies, but they’re not displaying them in their lodges. Maybe it’s all an elaborate joke on the PC.

2 Likes

Blood elves have increasingly become the Horde’s paladin race and nothing else.

Mages and Farstriders should be the main blood elves we see. Not paladins.

3 Likes

Of the three sisters(the name of the towers) two were tauren. The entire lodge’s history is about the cooperation of the night elves/high mountain.

Counterpoint, paladins are cooler than mages.

Yes, i know this is entirely personal opinion, I’m just having fun.

Again we were talking about the architecture and that part is undeniable that it is night elf.

4 Likes

It literally has two tauren towers sorounding the Lodge with the story being the night elf towers fell apart/were broken beyond repair and were replaced by Highmountain ones.

We are going in circles my guy, the building it self that we spend most of our time in is night elf. There is a massive NE tower, especially compare to the other 2 tauren ones. The tower are just there we do not use them they are very much out of sight as well. So again the main building we spend most of our time is night elf…

3 Likes

And the building literally has 4 eagle statues, the symbol of the high mountains and one of the artifact weapons happens to be heavily tied to the high mountain taurens.

That have absolutely no connection to the HMT other than being of birds they like. But those aren’t highmountain eagle sculptures.

3 Likes

I think the only established lore characters Warriors got as champions were Thorim, Eitrigg, and Lord Crowley, with Eitrigg and Lord Crowley being the only two Warrior champions to not be either Vrykul or Viking-themed Titan constructs. One of the Warrior champions appeared to be a reference to Skyrim (Svergan Stormcloak).

In fact, I think Warrior Class Hall is just 99.9% Vrykul stuff, with ALL THREE Artifact Weapons being Vrykul-themed and everything just being Vrykul, all while constantly having to hear words like Valarjar pronounced with English J’s for some reason. It’s like they had no ideas for what to do for Warrior fantasy, so they decided to just make it a Skyrim/Thor reference or something.

All other class order halls got various established lore characters, though there was the weirdness of Tess Greymane just randomly being an Arya Stark expy for no discernable reason and then no mention of Tess Greymane having anything to do with the Uncrowned ever again after Legion.

4 Likes

Hey yo, you leave my girls alone! Tess is precious

1 Like

Jokes aside; if halls ever return, Ravenholdt for rogues, we will accept nothing less.

Since the Legion’s return, the Highmountain have helped restore the lodge, such as replacing two damaged watch towers with tauren structures.

Even if the building might be of night elven design. It was restored by the taurens. Hence, likely why it has statues of eagles. Particularly because the mountain is blessed Ohn’ahra.

Except for the fact that they look nothing like anything the HMT make. All that is saying to me is “Nelves hired locals to fix up their lodge”

4 Likes