The caster experience in DF so far is BAD!

Mongoloid caster!!! Is this chick for real? OMG all credibility just went in the dumpster. I had to get a towel and wipe the tea off my keyboard and monitor. This is comedy gold.

3 Likes

Really questioning if you actually play Warlock now. At least Aff.

You aren’t maintaining Malefic Affliction stacks against them when you are kiting and can’t hard cast MR as you aren’t getting any crescendo procs when your instants are dispelled.

And let’s say you happen to have everything pumping and get off a Rot and PS, damage immunities negate all of your work.

If Dread Touch, in that situation it’s a wasted talent since maintaining the stacks is pretty annoying against them. If Doom Blossom? You’re sol if corruption is autocleansed or haven’t been able to maintain UA. That’s a very contingent situation.

The whole fight is just kiting for your life, and trying to apply your base dots with very tiny windows of drain.

You can put on a clinic in kiting and still watch as the mouthbreathing fotm spec roflstomps around. Hardcounters have always been a thing but Ret is hardcountering almost everyone right now.

A spec with good mobility, great self-healing, strong af defensives, an autocleanse from the dps rotation, high uptime on wings, and the ability to do ranged damage even when kited…

No amount of BS is going to keep them under the radar.

Just remember, the Hunter legendary in SL was nerfed hard due to the negative effect it had on dot classes.

1 Like

This is a case of just laugh at the stupid comments and walk away man rofl. This is pure crazy.

Im not sure what’s more out of whack here. A DK, the ultimate anti caster, acting as if casters are mongoloid lords of the game, in this case, affliction locks and SP’s, or the fact that this person thinks JoTP isn’t used vs them.

Dispel swp, Devouring Plague, and VT, oh no, Ret just got silenced for 3 seconds! UA dispels don’t hurt nearly as bad as you think either. I know because I dispel them on purpose all the time on my resto shaman with Chain heal and its laughable.

I find it humorous that locks seem to be sneaking under everyone’s radar. I wish they’d make HPal OP instead, I have 2 of those.

1 Like

What does that actual data show? Affliction is in the bottom 3. Destro is mid tier. By “Warlocks,” you can only be referring to Demo but they aren’t flying under the radar, they’re being nerfed.

And if you were to judge by blizzard’s coming actions to rets(judgments of the pure nerf), they know the horrible effect it has had on rot specs. I won’t be surprised if that talent is reworked or removed.

1 Like

Don’t speak the truth, you’ll hurt someone’s feelwings. Almost all casters are on the bench right now. Moonkin, SP, Affliction, Fire mage, Arcane, even Elemental Shaman has started rolling down hill. You can’t keep a flame shock on anything.

It’s just the usual case of, “Don’t nerf me, bro!” With many attempts to subvert clear evidence of a problem.

The funniest part to me is:

If you show anecdotal or generic evidence, you are met with the, “it’s a skill issue! the elite players have no issues!”

And then if you show hard data along with evidence and opinions from the high-skilled, “It doesn’t matter because the whole game isn’t like that!” Despite that it’s not just contained to the 2%. What do ya see in bg’s now? Mostly Rets, Arms, and Hunters.

It’s a ridiculous back and forth but all ya can do is throw in your $.02

1 Like

I mained a Paladin in classic, but that doesn’t mean that I know everything there is to know about Paladins in dragonflight.

From what we can tell, you play DK, Warrior, and Ret, and a mage that just dinged. As Is stated before, your knowledge on casters is very surface level. You just saying that you play a caster doesn’t clear you.

1 Like

Luck you, I have my opponents waiting till the I have faked casted once and then kick when the cast is almost done. And if they fail? Stuns and fears for mini kicks.

2 Likes

A lot of ranged can be harder to deal with than a lot of melee in team fights, provided they are focusing targets. But, for smaller fights and 1v1s it’s generally easier to be melee than ranged, depending on matchups ofc.

I’d much rather be on melee than a ranged class for 1v2s, 1v3s against other melee. Interrupts and microCCs are more disruptive for ranged to execute their damage. It’s much easier to get your damage out toe to toe as melee and it often cleaves.

Other matchups might favor casters, but overall I find melee easier to navigate in a random BG. Then again, I tend to try to find the smaller fights and avoid the large team fights since they are boring to me.

If someone just wants to stick to the larger team fights then ranged will generally be easier.

2 Likes

Now this is a lul

Yeah, there isn’t really much to argue about with that graphic. But, that is arena not random BGs. However, it is very clear that some specs are much better than others. Overall balance is kind of bad, at the moment.

For example, it’s not that UHDK is that bad… it is just much worse than arms and rets which makes it irrelevant.

I don’t see either as dominating power wise, like you said it depends, but there are so many paladins and what else are they going to play? I think we need to go more to class specialization, if everyone can do everything someone will do it best.

Ret does need the nerf as does demo but will we always have a dominant class driven by performance and perception?

That was hilarious. Rogue and DH went POOF. Guess they both have vanish now and the spell is broken as they cant leave stealth now.

Only things I and friends have seen that is continuously over-represented is mm hunter/ret/warrior. Everything else you only see maybe 1 of, sometimes 2. Obviously you’ll see more aoe-oriented specs more in epic bgs. Still, tons of rets in epics and mm hunters too.

Yeah, these are the most represented by far.

haha if you are still watching this man-child’s videos you are the problem :slight_smile:

Yeah who would ever listen to Venruki, a rank 1 multi-classer?

Let’s listen instead to Aredea the person who spends all their time raging about dying in pvp.

Sure.

I don’t know why I get information about PvP from highly ranked players.

:dracthyr_shrug:

Yes, in disorganized random BGs with people who have low gear it is easy to do that. I typically top damage and KBs on my destro lock in BGs. However getting pummeled by double melee in arenas is not that easy. GL with that.