The allied race discussion megathread

This thread is to discuss all allied races, and when they could come, what they could be like, or how the story could involve a certain allied race. Please be civil, and be positive.

Potential Allied Races(if there is more that you know of, then just tell me and I can add them onto the list)

-Sethrak
-Vulpera
-High Elf
-San’Layn
-Ogre
-Junker /Mechagnome
-Taunka
-Yangul
-Wildhammer Dwarf
-Alterac Human
-Lightforged Human
-Eredar
-Tuskar
-Tortollan
-Saurok
-Saberon
-Hozen
-Black Dragon
-Forest Troll
-Ice Troll
-Gilgoblin
-Ankoan
-Frost Dwarves
-Sand Trolls
-Tentacle Human
-Jinyu

Possible 8.2 allied races

-Vulpera and Sethrak
-Vulpera and Mechagnomes
-Gilgoblin and Ankoan
-New unknown races

Possible 8.3 allied races

-Vulpera and Sethrak if not in 8.2
-Ogre and Eredar
-Alterac Human and Saberon
-Alterac Human and Saurok
-New allied races

9.0 pre purchase possible allied races

-Vulpera, Tortollan, Sethrak, and Tentacle Human
-Alterac Human, Ogre, Wild hammer, and High elf
-San’Layn, Taunka, Tuskarr, and Frost Dwarves

Other Megathreads

Vulpera Discussion Megathread (Created by Eevee)
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/vulpera-discussion-megathread/18751

San’Layn/Darkfallen OFFICIAL MEGATHREAD! (Created by Fallynn)
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/sanlayn-darkfallen-official-megathread/18803

The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread (Created by Xyaa)
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/the-unofficial-high-elf-discussion-megathread/18812

1 Like

Alterac Human?

1 Like

What about them?
They were allies of the orcs in the second war, and could use the undead model.

2 Likes

Yikes… if the Quel’dorei (High Elves) become a real thing then it may be the day I finally leave the Horde. Nightborne is the closest to being High Elf/Highborne since they’ve been around since WotA. Hmmmmmm…

2 Likes

High Elves are already on both the Horde and Alliance, Blood Elves and Void Elves.

5 Likes

Don’t start. Take that discussion elsewhere. You know full and well what we mean by high elves.

6 Likes

They are sub species yes but not actual High Elf.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

High Elves are technically in game. But the alliance only has purple elves to rp as high elves. High Elves could eventually be a part of void elf customization.

1 Like

Yea i’m actually RP’ing my Nightborne as Quel’dorei/High Elf right now xD

I had no idea what they were. Sorry I could have elaborated. Thanks for explaining though.

I didn’t see Hozen on the list, so go Ook your Dooker.

7 Likes

Another to add to the list is Black dragons. Wrathion is up to something. In legion alpha he was supposed to be ebonhorn and he collects the dragon eggs to take with him. This can assumed to still be partly true as ebonhorn at the end of the dungeon leaves as says he has family business to take care of. Wrathion is his only family.

In BFA wrathion has moved to nafarian’s old laboratory. He is collecting info about the dragon isle’s as well as taking things such as black dragon scales. Nafarian made the chromatic dragonflight in his lab by putting the DNA of all the dragonflights and making clones. Wrathion could very well find a way to make uncorrupted clones of black dragons and restore the black dragonflight.

In the blizzcon demo in 2017 for BFA wrathion was at the alliance embassy. Blizzard said he was a placeholder NPC when asked but in the live game no one has taken his place. He sat in a chair off to the side away from everyone else. I think blizzard wasn’t telling the truth and in fact wrathion is just turned off until he is needed to be there.

How about just new RACES? You know? Ones not time gated behind mountains of rep? If allied races become the new norm for new “races” that will be truly disturbing.

1 Like

We hopefully will get new races in the future. But in bfa we focus on allied races. And blizz mentioned that if a new allied race pops up in a future zone, then it could become an allied race. So in the next few xpacs, probably no new races. But we could get a few allied races here and there.

Wouldnt happen because they fought both Horde/Alliance

And in Cataclysm, the Horde basically slaughtered them in Hillsbrad, and the Alliance still views them as traitors.

No

Rather not.

Wouldnt work because they are minions of the mogu.

I mean, who gets the three of them?

The thing is is that those can’t be introduced mid expansion and require a ton of work. They have to have their own starting zone to level them 1-20 on top of making the actual race.

You didn’t read my comment on how black dragons could be reborn as a dragonflight. It isn’t just spitballing either. It is reasonable speculation based on what info we have on what wrathion is doing.

Also who says the alterac humans have to be alive? they could be undead but use the nathanos model.

Allied races suck.

There’s the discussion give us actual races so I can finally play an Ogre

ogres can be an allied race. Any race can be an allied race.

1 Like