TBC Needs to Be Fresh And Separate from Classic

Keep Them Separate Versions

• Classic and TBC should be separate, in my opinion. I believe the in-game realm list should be tailored in a way to convey to players which realms are under which version of World of Warcraft.

You Would Break Classic Forever (Again)

• If you mixed the versions, you permanently break the classic version of World of Warcraft forever. Classic should be protected for the players that don’t want TBC. On the flip side, you would have private servers pop up to fill in this need. Keeping TBC separate, by default, makes both versions more valuable. Locking progression, to the respected game version, simply furthers their appeal. Which also crystallizes the experience for further generations to come.

No Classic Transfers

• In my own opinion, classic character transfers would destabilize the Classic realms. Players would feel obligated to transfer their level 60, even though they might even have more fun starting over. This creates an unnecessary conundrum or sense of progression scarcity for the player. I think players should leave their classic characters and their respectable progression with classic realms. One critical issue would be the level 60 speed runners to level 70 in order to grief levelers in PVP zones.

All an all, the nostalgia feeling is very powerful and people should continuously be allowed to experience the World of Warcraft versions they love as it was, then. Not locking progression to classic realms would be a big mistake in my opinion. World of Warcraft would increase in value and playability with the choices of play, simply by preserving their respectable versions as they were, then.

22 Likes

Nah. Most sense is continuing like we did in 2007 :man_shrugging:

30 Likes

By repeating the same mistakes?

Every expansion has its own issues.

Blizzard has another chance to smooth these issues out, by not forcing TBC on Classic players.

4 Likes

What mistakes?

6 Likes

:face_palm: Bless this poor child, for they know not the err they speak.

1 Like

character transfer with soul bound items only.

7 Likes

#nOchaNges

Oh, nevermind. . . :monkey:

2 Likes

Fresh or bust!

No copies!:no_entry_sign:

5 Likes

Theyll provide options. Classic only to preserve IP too*. Fresh TBC variants (pve, pvp, rp). TBC separate code plus restart is huge $$ maker. Transfers to designated servers only, one way (allows hoarders to bring more, potentially and stay with each other). No copies.

Classic servers will merge eventually or crz.

The longer they didnt make hard code changes to close bots or vend mats, the more it was obvious they were going to leave the Classic code alone and rely on the TBC economy balance to ‘fix’ the issues.

• why would they bother with Classic only to drive people back to pservers if there wasn’t a standalone Classic option?

You need to have both fresh and continuation servers. The issue is every fresh TBC server is going to end up 99% horde and people on the forums and this community in general are not even on the correct planet when it comes to the changes you would need to make to balance the factions.

Ret pallies are an irrelevant spec that are mediocre in pvp and complete garbage in pve. Trying to balance factions through a ret pally is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard of. How about keeping pallies alliance and shamans horde only?

Blizz wouldn’t have the balls to do it and don’t have the brains to balance the game out.

and put shaman/paladins that much further behind? nope

yeah cause TBC is balanced around salvation and bloodlust for all…

No. None of that makes any sense. Why in the world would they break from a proven transition method. You’re saying throw out a successful method for a totally experimental method that has a high change of catastrophic failure and that makes sense to you? Character progress should come forward into the expansion, that’s why it’s called an expansion. Progress is being expanded upon…

5 Likes

I don’t know how else to explain it.

It doesn’t make sense to expand TBC onto WoW Classic, because they already did it once before. Progression is something they do with Retail, not Classic version of WoW. Repeating the same transition would cause the same issues they had back in 2007. Plus, private servers will claim sovereignty once Classic WoW is gone.

Hell, we only pay $15 for 2 games already. Blizzard has to be very careful with TBC and how they can manage it. Allow for choice and people will love Blizzard for it.

2 Likes

You’re assuming they are destroying Classic.

Your premise is flawed from the outset then.

Classic is going NOWHERE. It will still exist after TBC launches. There will be separate servers for both products.

The ONLY thing is question is how you will get from Classic to TBC going forward.

Transfers? Copies? Everyone rolls fresh? No one but Blizz knows that right now.

However, again, Classic WILL exist alongside TBC. They are NOT wiping the Classic servers in favor of TBC. Blizzard knows Classic is money on the table and they would be foolish to just eliminate it.

3 Likes

I’m assuming, because it has already happened. I’m just using history as a basis here.

3 Likes

You assume incorrectly.

Get that thought completely out of your head because they aren’t doing that.

3 Likes

I think people underestimate – and have forgotten – the appeal of Vanilla and that most of the enthusiasm for TBC is coming from either retailers who flit back and forth between both versions of the game or people who just want more raids.

Once the raids are beaten in TBC, I suspect a lot of people will revert to Vanilla which, while not technically the most polished version of the game, was always the most long-lastingly fun version of the game. There’s a reason there were giant vanilla Private Servers and not giant TBC ones.

TBC was when some of the soul started to go out of the game as classes and specs all had to be equally viable.

The thought of going to TBC saddens me – the blandness of Shattrath, losing the hunter deadzone which, while inconvenient, is something that gives you something to think about as I play my character.

The only viable option for me is the character copy to a new realm option. If they roll over the servers to TBC they will be directly contradicting so many of the promises they made about the purpose of Vanilla classic in the first place.

2 Likes

Private servers have already happened is my point. Once blizzard stops providing a product, someone else will.

2 Likes

No.

10characterslol