TBC Era with RDF

It didn’t happen in original TBC. There was a ton of balanced servers. Sounds like you didn’t play it, or played on one of the select few lopsided servers compared to the bulk of reasonably balanced ones.

I’m on Grobbulus.

I play this game more than any healthy person ever should. Probably the furthest from a raid logger you can be.

But this is ironic, the same can be said for your sense of “community”

2 Likes

Then you had wpvp the entire TBC expansion.

Wpvp was as much a rarity in the original TBC as it was in classic TBC.

I.e., not really a thing past the first 2 weeks of levelling till Isle of Quel’Danas.

I’m sure you can figure out what happened inbetween these 2 periods that’d heavily discourage wpvp if you really try.

1 Like

Phase 5 with the Isle of Quel’Danas was the only time in all of TBC where Wpvp was even relevant. The rest came down to 2-300 of one faction just sitting at the stone at Coilfang and killing everyone that tried to run by.

Notice how there’s a pretty big similarity between those 2 places I mentioned. They both lack 1 big feature of TBC.

2 Likes

There was plenty of world pvp if you actually sought it out. If you personally made the choice to stay in safe areas and ride high on your flying mount yeah you aren’t going to run into it much.

Summoning stones? Always contested.

Halaa/hellfire towers/spirit towers? Active. Less in latter half of expansion, but still had battles.

Farming? Contested by opposite faction. You could start fights all day. People invite their friends for revenge, you invite your friends for revenge, battle ensues.

Terrokar forest sky guard rep farm? World pvp.

Hey now, the same could happen in Caverns of Time. For exactly the same reason, but yanno :wink:

2 Likes

I need a jaw drop emoji.

Until they invite their friends to kill them. And they invite their friends, etc. I’ve gotten into tons of great pvp that started out as a gank squad and turned into all out war as calls for help came.

The chaotic and unpredictable nature of open world pvp is what makes it such a blast.

I sought it out quite a lot. And sure here and there like you mentioned it was there.

Same as Wrath mostly. Other than Coilfang because of no flying and the raid.

Very rare

300 of both factions sat at their tower and didn’t touch each other. And trust me I’ve tried. Prot Pally in full SP gear going to the top of the tower and trying to AoE Horde down. They don’t react.

95% of the time it was just gold farmers.

WPvP still existed in small amounts so sure I shouldn’t have said it was “dead”. But it was such a ridiculous shadow of its former self from Classic that nobody would consider it.

2 Likes

Blizzard’s term, not mine. Nice try at passing the buck though. :+1:

1 Like

So any opinion that personally hurts your feelings is now inflammatory? Lol

2 Likes

I would play it. Don’t feel strongly about RDF either way but it definitely wouldn’t stop me from playing TBC again

3 Likes

The only person mentioning feelings in this thread is you. :rofl: :ok_hand:

2 Likes

RDF solves the same problems in vanilla and TBC that it solves in wrath.

It works for all dungeons, the only reason not to have it earlier was always #nochanges not a real game play reason.

2 Likes

cataclysm heroics were simple if you had an organized group. Things like 2nd boss brc were hard for pugs who weren’t willing to chat about it. If you did the dungeons with a group you raided with you had absolutely no problem, even glory achieves were pretty easy and we rushed them before the 2nd week was over

The issue is Cata heroics were designed around 2-3 CC and RDF would create groups with 1 or no CC. That’s not an issue you fix with communication and it was of course largely miserable.

I think there was just too big a jump in difficulty coming from Wrath Heroics. Players were used to vastly overgearing dungeons, which they’d been doing for the better part of a year in Wrath.

But in 2024 when Cata Classic launches, this playerbase wouldn’t struggle nearly as much. Hopefully Blizz realizes there’s no need for their titanforged crap in Cata and just releases those dungeons as they were.

1 Like

It embarrassing current Blizzard that everything old that they did not make is liked better than what they are currently making.

SCIII is coming out soon. Yea I’m sure its going to be full of micro transactions and Politically correct gameplay. Watch it be yet another hated release by Blizzard. I cant name the last time this current dev team has released something the majority of us loved.

2 Likes

When you say asking for “classic” that was vanilla. And #nochabges applied. A lot of wrath players, expected the same consideration for each xpac. Wrath had RDF and should have had it from the start ( based on patches). But, those “classic” players wanted to change what the wrath players wanted…so, now I careless what “classic” players wanted or want. I will never back any of their horses again.

2 Likes