TBC Era with RDF

I wouldn’t mind seeing a Classic+ server or TBC server with RDF and LFR activated, but its not gonna happen.

I’ll be happy with RDF in WOTLK and eventually Cataclysm if they do release that.

1 Like

And who are you to speak for the entire playerbase? That’s literally trolling.

2 Likes

ITT: we pretend that players in 2024 are too stupid to clear H-SLab with RDF.

2 Likes

The player base that begged for classic servers since wrath have been saying RDF was the downfall of WoW ever since. Go back to old forums and Reddit pre classic release and see how the exclusive classic players feel about RDF.

That is because most people were garbage at the game back then, it wouldn’t be an issue today at least not to the same level.

Back then people were used to extremely easy WOTLK dungeons and then got their face smash into a wall in Cataclysm normal and heroic dungeons pre-nerf, today people would expect the difficulty to go up and I bet most would welcome it.

1 Like

ikr.
I’d just make TINY adjustments to some specs. Minor stuff.

But yeah, dual spec & RDF would be dope af for TBC stuff. At least we are getting RDF in Wrath now.

I loved TBC. I think it’s a great xpac overall. But my main issue with TBC (and Vanilla) is how broken some specs are. Tune those a little. And it’d be awesome.

Exactly.
An average player today is 10 times better than an average player back in 2012.
Look at some old world first kills. Even TOGC/ICC. Those “top” guilds with ICC/T10 gear did half the damage we do now in TOGC.

1 Like

Again, trolling. Shouldn’t expect anything less from a level 10 sock puppet though.

I was one of those players and I can attest that there were just as many people, if not more, who were either pro-RDF or indifferent to RDF when it came to asking for Legacy servers.

People wanted to replay the content versus whatever was current in Retail at the time, whether it was Cata, MoP, WoD, and so on. Crying about RDF only came from a small portion of the overall players asking for Legacy content. LFR was a much bigger gripe than RDF.

2 Likes

I could even accept the premise that TBC Heroics – being much less polished and tuned than WoTLK Heroics – are not … I’ll say feasible … for RDF on a TBC4EVA server. Fine, TBC Heroics are not eligible RDF and groups must be manually assembled from the server-specific playerbase.

But that still means RDF works perfectly fine for every other dungeon available in TBC.

LOL delusional to the highest caliber. People asking for classic were ferociously anti RDF, it was the legion player base crying from the rooftops would fail because it didn’t have any of these community destroying features classic enthusiasts were outspoken against.

Ah the good old “anyone who disagrees with me is a troll”

People are equally “garbage” today. The only difference is we have knowledge and hindsight of the most optimal way to play the old content poured all over the internet. Cata heroics would get nerfed just as fast again because effort based content just isn’t compatible with anonymous, automation based grouping.

And without a hint of selfawareness too.

Well done!

No, it isn’t.

Organized groups, i.e. optimized groups from a single guild, would skip certain heroics or certain bosses within those heroics cause they were… ridiculously overtuned.

Cataclysm needed a day 1 patch.

It got a day 34 patch or so cause Christmas was more important while Ghostcrawler screeched on Twitter.

1 Like

Players were too stupid to clear it without. Pugging heroics was tough even in TBC Classic. Some were of course easier than others. But a select few were nightmares without a coordinated group. SLabs, Shattered Halls, Blood Furnace and a few others.

I don’t think many people would argue with that. I think RDF for TBC pre-Heroics is great.

Nope, they were perfectly fine. They were not compatible with faceroll mentality RDF spam. Anonymous and automated grouping is an awful combination for content that requires you to think and communicate even a tiny bit.

2 Likes

They were overtuned.

That’s why organized groups skipped them.

It wasn’t worth the wipes to get them down.

This is a thing that happened.

RDF had nothing to do with it.

3 Likes

TBC, like vanilla, is an old school community based game, also known as an MMO, which is incompatible with community destroying features like RDF.

People have always skipped content where nobody needs the gear anymore. How many naxx groups did anything other than KT when saph after the skip was allowed even though the whole wrath rendition is a joke?

The original heroic difficulty of cata heroics are one of the few redeeming values of that expansion, there was nothing wrong with the way they were.

1 Like

There hasn’t been a “community” since Vanilla Classic ended.
I’d absolutely be against it in Vanilla Classic, but by the time TBC Classic came out, the community was over. Same argument for WPvP. It was dead with TBC.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t waste time arguing with blood. They are a well-known troll.

2 Likes

And even before that it was… uh.

The same as it always was, guilds and server 3rd party apps. In OG it was IRC, now it’s discord.

1 Like

Permanent layering is what directly led to server consolidation. Take away that and wpvp stays. Grobbulas also existed.

So you made the personal choice to raid log in a gdkp guild and project your experience on everyone else?

So why did the same happen in the original TBC where layers weren’t a thing?

2 Likes