TBC Era with RDF

Would there be much support for this? I know I loved tbc and feel if they released an Era server with rdf it would be a great addition. Same with Wrath Era servers once/if we move into Cata Classic.

21 Likes

class comp mattered for some runs like shadow labs and H MGT at appropriate gear levels. how will RDF account for this?

There’s not going to be TBC Era, let alone TBC Era that requires extra coding.

Sorry.

1 Like

LFD
Dual Spec
Behsten & Slahtz

… I’d play TBCC4EVA with those features

5 Likes

I think it wouldn’t work as well in TBC as in Wrath because the heroics are much more punishing. In OG Wrath most heroics were made so any ragtag team of fresh 80s could clear them. In TBC if you didn’t have proper CC clases or a juiced tank you would be hard stuck on the first trash pack on some heroics (Blood Furnace’s infamous triple hit windfury orcs for example).

2 Likes

I wouldn’t want to random dungeon finder into Heroic Blood Furnace with a team that can’t CC those naked fel orcs on second boss or the engineers to stop their mines/grenades ( i think they threw grenades too right?) during a pull.

2 Likes

TBC Classic will never happen again probably. People only wanted Classic. They never wanted it to keep going up and up. We are going to be in WoW Classic MoP in a couple years, WoW Classic Legion a couple years after that. Then WoW Classic Dragonflight will be launching someday. Cuz you people keep wanting the Classics to keep coming on. I would been fine with all the Classics ending after Wrath but nope. You people all wanted Classic Cata. But Cata is the expac that killed the old Classic World.

I’d MUCH rather play that than this Wrath Classic+ stuff. It’s really sad they didn’t leave at least 1 TBC Era server.

6 Likes

Imo, Dungeon Finder is more or less the last thing that separates Classic from Retail, so not sure why someone would actually want to play Classic with RDF rather than just playing Retail.

And yes, I’ve heard the “Oh duh, but Retail and Classic are not the same. I want the RDF, but I don’t like Retail.” argument before… I’ll still probably move on to Retail once Dungeon Finder appears in Wrath Classic, and see if it holds my attention.

The things I didn’t like about Retail when I stopped playing in early BFA were mostly automated dungeon finder while leveling, a feeling having to do daily chore content to just stay the same, gear progressively getting worse over time relative to the same content, transmog and no items particularly having any name value or general recognizability.

1 Like

Because we actually play the game so the gameplay itself matters.

2 Likes

Personally I’d like to see a classic version for each expansion so players can play where they want, similar to the options we have now for pservers. I know where id stay - Cata forever. But i know some like Wotlk, some like MoP, etc.

4 Likes

TBC Era with our snap shotted characters would be great.

Changing TBC to have new features and ideas would simply ruin what TBC Era realms are about to the players that wish to play TBC Era.

Adding RDF to TBC is not appealing nor was it in the original design of the game. Best to leave well enough alone.

1 Like

There are zero die hard TBC fans who want RDF. For all the community destroying reasons it’s terrible, but also the dungeons require some amount of coordination for a smooth run which does not mesh well with automated grouping.

2 Likes

Agree with this. Cata Heroics had to be nerfed into the ground shortly after launch because RDF groups couldn’t keep up.

But let’s also be realistic, RDF wouldn’t affect any community aspect of classic outside of vanilla classic.

Organized groups would skip certain Cataclysm heroics and certain bosses within the ones they did cause they were, yanno, overtuned.

So were TBC heroics. So unless they plan to nerf TBC heroics into the ground, it wouldn’t work.

IDC, just pointing out that RDF had little to do with the nerfing on Cataclysm heroics.

2 Likes

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

1. I am a “die hard TBC fan” and I want RDF. My guild does and most of the guilds we run with want it as well.
  2. “community destroying reasons” is incorrect because RDF does the exact opposite, especially in conjunction with
  3. “the dungeons require some amount of coordination” because, in ICC Heroics & Cata Heroics we HAD to communicate with each other in RDF for proper CC and mechanics. I made more new friends running those difficult heroics via “automated grouping” (RDF) than I ever did at any other point in this game, in Retail or in Classic. I’m still Bnet friends with many of them and play with or speak to them still to this day. I made 0 friends from running TBC or Wrath Heroics in Classic. Added 1 person to my friends list once in TBCC and never talked to them again.
5 Likes

I am the most biggest mega giant hardest core die hard TBC fan ever.

I do not want RDF on TBC Era realms.

Keep TBC Era original. No changes.

4 Likes

Even if your personal anecdote is true for a few groups, it doesn’t invalidate the general experience of the playerbase. RDF is the reason cata heroics were tragically nerfed into a joke. Having absolutely no control of who you play with and absolutely no consequences for your actions is a recipe for disaster for any content that requires effort. You occasionly found a diamond group, but most of the time people have no incentive to communicate with you or learn to play well in a group disconnected from your server and reputation.