Taliesen responds to homophobes about Gay shadowlands couple

I am 100% for more representation so long as it is either A. Meaningful, or conversely, B. Meaningless.

What I mean is it either needs to be well handled, cared for, and detailed that it enhances the character. Or, it needs to be so utterly mundane that it gets passed over just as one would glance over a straight relationship.

When it is just done for tokenism, that is a problem.

2 Likes

It’s funny that Youtubers and Streamers don’t think we realize they have dummy accounts and send followers to comment on these things to cause “drama” so they can keep making their click-bait videos.

Literally no one that isn’t trying to virtue-signal for ad revenue cares.

1 Like

This is the key point, imo. No one ever asks ‘ok but why do they have to be straight, what purpose does it serve, just seems like pandering to me?’

12 Likes

Could do a hell of a lot worse.

5 Likes

Could also do a hell of a lot better.

Because unlike Bellular he isnt a spineless sub obsessed baby that never stands for anything because he might upset and lose follower count.

Tali many times takes a stance on things, usually progressive topics and calls out people on being idiots like he did in this video, he isnt afraid to talk about politics and support what is right.

Most capital G Gamers TM much rather have a bellular who never takes any stance on anything, avoids any kind of controversial topic no matter how right or wrong and is completely silent about anykind of abuse that isnt massively supported.

In other words Tali is an honest guy who isnt afraid to go against people who are wrong even if he loses followers.

3 Likes

Personally, I will never understand how people get worked up about stuff like this.

Is a gay couple really that frightening? Is the 15 seconds you have to spend witnessing whatever dialogue or cutscene that makes their preference apparent so unbearable it affects your entire day?

Im a strong 0 on the Kinsey scale and I could genuinely care less. Representation is never a bad thing and makes those that can relate feel slightly better about whatever it is they’re investing their time in.

9 Likes

I’d argue what he did to garner so much ire deserves to get him permanently shunned.

See how it feels getting cancelled.

1 Like

What did he do, exactly?

3 Likes

Some people see it as an “attack” on their values. Which is, at its core, a nonsensical position to take. Yet, they take it anyway.

3 Likes

Maybe but I bet they wouldn’t be a gamer.

2 Likes

Uh, how?

Which to be frank is the dumbest thing i’ve ever heard.

3 Likes

If your values are that some people are lesser and dont deserve to be treated equally, then your values should be attacked.

8 Likes

Bell has a seperate channel to talk about the good and wrongs in the gaming industry, you should check it out.

3 Likes

Agreed. Those kind of people, however, rarely are big on “logic and reason”.

I concur.

5 Likes

No no no, You are fanning the fire by saying that people are ‘Wrong’ for thinking the way they do.

There is no controversy that will lose him followers if he trashes in unethical companies, hell even his attitude is fake and trying to look like an average gamer TM.

He never takes a stance on things that aren’t massively supported

1 Like

I have stopped watching Bellular because he is so money hungry in everything he does. He says he doesn’t get views if he doesn’t use clickbait titles, but the clickbait titles drive me away because they’re annoying. Every other WoW YouTuber does just fine without the obscene clickbait.

The last video of Bellular’s that I watched contained an ad that took half of the video for some stupid coins that he was selling. He kept sprinkling in game-related nonsense to make it seem like it wasn’t an ad, but half the screen was videos and pictures of the product he was begging us to buy. There’s an extension I use–SponsorBlock–that allows you to skip sponsored ads in videos by user-submitted time blocks. I diligently went and marked that entire half of his video as an ad so they could skip the nonsense.

Screw Bellular. He’d get more views if he made better content. Instead, he worsens his content by being so transparently greedy.

5 Likes

I don’t care what Talison thinks. He is just another WoW parasite.

I also don’t care that there is a gay couple. Don’t make a big deal out of it and it won’t be a big deal that gay couples are in more stuff.

1 Like